AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby LindsayHollis » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 pm

LindsayHollis:
Name: Lindsay
Birthday: September 6th
Baby's name: Juliette
Baby's birthday: August 6th

Hey guys.. long time no post I know... I didnt even realize we had moved on to another thread.. taking me awhile to catch up.. ill try to do better at posting.. but just an update on our end

Juliette is sleeping HORRIBLY... shes up like every 1-2 hours.. its like i have a newborn again.. i found her rolled over in her swaddle a couple times and freaked out so now we are going without swaddle.. i broke down and swaddled her when she was sick because she was so miserable and it made her more comfortable.. i found that she still wakes up superoften even swaddled... its insane.. not sure if its teething or what but all i have to do is get up and put her pacifier in and shes fine... but that gets really old after the 6th time getting up to do that in the night... i was wondering if i should try to just let her cry and see if she stops without me getting up... ive read about separation anxiety issues starting now so im hoping thats not it...

no teeth yet here but i feel them just under her gums.. as a dentist mom i of course check every day haha... food is good, we do 3 times a day about 2 4oz. jars of baby food... she likes almost everything now except anything with meat in it, but i dont blame her... when the food is thicker if she gets too much in her mouth it makes her gag and then upchuck.. i felt bad for DH who was feeding her peas at the time.. he was just feeding her too fast... silly men.. she eats the little puffs... shes got the finger/thumb thing goin on to pick them up and she only gets them in her mouth about half the time.. she didnt like them at first because of the texture i think but she really likes them now.. i started giving her little pieces of things like banana and cheese, but she holds them in her mouth and doesnt swallow them for a long time... then i fear the choking thing..

i took her into the pedi when she was sick and shes 19 pounds 14 oz! shes so big... he was worried about her enlarged breasts... but he thought they will go down as she starts getting more mobile... not sure what to think of that.. shes 95% for weight and 90% for height...

shes started saying mama all the time but i dont think she is saying it while knowing what it means... not much else for talking except gurgling and yelling and cooing..

she pulled up from sitting to standing for the first time today and kept doing it like 3 more times after... she is getting the hang of being able to sit up after lying on her tummy.. she doesnt quite get the crawling thing, she gets up on her knees and doesnt go anywhere then lays down on her tummy... shes cruising all around the furniture and our ottoman, so i think she will just walk without crawling.. she even knows how to get down off the ottoman by scooting on her belly backwards and then lowering her legs down and standing right up..

DH finally got a job too in colorado and has moved here from maryland finally March 1st... so much better than seeing him a weekend every two weeks... but i was enjoying having the bed to myself and for some reason her not sleeping only started since he moved here.. and Juliette is not so comfortable with him which sucks... she screams her head off when he changes her... and shes still looking at him like hes a total stranger... i feel bad for him, but theres not much i can do other than have them spend more time together when im around.. we left her alone with him and she cried the whole time :( hopefully she will warm up to him again.. it sucks not being able to have him do half the work cuz she gets upset...

i havent gotten my period back and i stopped breastfeeding in january but i was majorly tapered off at that point... not sure what to do about that... i think i may need progesterone or something to kick start my cycle... i have PCOS... but this is ridiculous! and im still able to express milk?! not sure why... im sure its not very much but i think thats weird after this long!! not sure if thats normal... i think we will probably think about TTC somewhere near August too... assuming it may take a little while again since my cycles are usually long... but no period kinda makes that impossible... we shall see i guess... we also need to buy a house cuz us all living in my parents basement is driving me CRAZY! and DH crazier... having to save money sucks... but at least having my mom to help is awesome...

sorry no personals and sorry that was a lot of rambling and fragmented thoughts, hope everyone was able to follow that... ill try to catch up on everything when I can...
LindsayHollis
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 am

Lindsay - Good to hear from you! How is the sleep going? I'm wondering if we're having separation anxiety issues here too during the night.

Stac - I think that should definitely be considered mama! :)

DH is away until Thurs. so it's just Alex and me for a few days. Last night he had a really hard time settling down to sleep for good but it may have been because he wasn't feeling quite right - he had a few wet poopy diapers yesterday. He would be asleep in my arms and as soon as I'd set him down in the crib he'd cry. He is waking 1-2 times in the early part of the night (before 12 am) and DH tries to soothe him but all he does is cry until I enter the room and hold him. Then usually in 15-20 minutes he's back to sleep. He doesn't want to nurse so I can only assume it's separation anxiety...

He pulled himself up to a standing position today in his room, holding on to the bars of his crib. I am thinking we need to adjust his crib mattress soon because it will only be a matter of time before he does it in there.

He loves his food and is accepting more foods now (like veggies). He eats puffs and does fine with them. I think I'm ready for him to try Cheerios now. I was worried about them being hard and him choking on them so that's why I tried the puffs first, but he makes chewing motions so I think I'll give them a go.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Jordan is finally better, thank goodness. And so are we- DH and I both caught it and it was miserable. And the sickness made her so tired and icky that she stopped making progress on anything for about 2 weeks. She still says occasional words but that's about it. Today her word is butt. That's all she has said all day. Butt butt butt butt butt.... I guess I need to stop saying "I'm going to change your butt." I said it this morning and since then everything is butt. And she is no longer interested in crawling, just does this weird scoot thing and concentrates on walking.

She no longer eats baby food. She will only eat solid foods. Where did my baby go??? She eats what we eat for meals for the most part, though I do substitute some things. I'm slowly introducing her to dairy foods to see if she is lactose intolerant or just intolerant of regular formula. She has 3 or 4 bottles and small meals throughout the day.

She now weighs 22 lbs and 18 month pants are the perfect length. Yowsa.
Jordan Alyssa
Born 8/13/09 @ 5:57am @ 40 weeks
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
Born 10/19/12 @ 3:26am @ 38 weeks
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am

Jordan started crawling for real yesterday and now has decided it is time to work on walking. She is growing too fast. :(

We are getting 2 foster kids this week, ages 10 and 11, with the strong possibility of also adding their 12 yr old sister. To add to my 9 yr old and 7 month old already destroying the house. We are in a 2 bedroom apartment until end of June, so say a prayer for us... :lol:
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 am

hey all im sorry ive been MIA i will be back shortly but i just have no time right now, dh is working long hours and J is just so out of sorts we arent sleeping much at all and today i finally melted down, im just so tired :( i cant nap when he naps cos he now seems to nap for 30 mins twice a day 8O sometimes he has a longer one but im never sure when that will be :roll: i just dont know what to do really.....i had a sttn baby from 11 weeks old and now its just a distant memory he is up 2 or 3 times a night and wont settle sometimes he is up for a good hour just not wanting to sleep....this makes for pretty crappy day times as im tired and so is he but he wont give in for a nap. i think alot of it is his teeth still but there are days when they dont seem to bother him one bit and he still gets up at night alot. i have tried more solids, less solids, more milk, i added in a dream feed around 11pm cos he was waking by 1am but even i add a dream feed in he still wakes. to make things worse my milk is drying up :( i have been pumping like a maniac and each and every day its less and less he gets cranky on the boob when its evening time cos there is hardly anything there...im determined to make it to 8 months though and then i think it will be it for us :cry:

anyways im sorry there is no personals and i will update the front page with lindsays details asap i just jumped on quick whilst j was actually asleep....

oh and we are still swaddling :roll: no swaddle meant he was up allllllll night long i just dont know what to do......

sorry im just worn right down at the moment i know there is light at the end of the tunnel but it just seems so dim right now :wink:

still no crawling or no mama or dada or any teeth :roll:

hope ur all well ladies much love :)
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9
Joel-Jaydon born 17/aug/09 = 6lb 15oz

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am

Hello all!

Annie - Saying a prayer for you all until June! Only about two months to go. :)

Ally - Good to hear from you! I hope Joel's teeth break through soon and you get some sleep mama. :hugs:

As for us, Alex started pulling himself to a standing position last Tuesday. He did it on the floor holding on to the bars of his crib. DH was away until Thursday night and that little bugger wouldn't pull himself up to stand on Friday when DH was around at all. He waited until Saturday to show off his new skills to Daddy! He's starting to work on cruising already - he made it up from a small chair in his room to the TV stand and back down and slowly works his way down the couch and around his crib. We lowered his crib mattress on Saturday. He also likes to climb and got onto the lower shelf of DH's computer desk and inside his little bathtub.

Sleep remains inconsistent, but is good overall. A few nights ago he was up every hour or two. I don't know if his upper teeth are starting to bother him - he's got the drool rash again and hasn't been great about eating solids the past few days, but I don't feel anything poking through. Mostly he naps for an hour in the a.m. around 9:30 and an hour and a half in the p.m. around 1:30, then bedtime is by 7:00. I really try to keep to a consistent routine and hope that will help him sleep. Some days though he just takes a 25 minute nap and won't go back to sleep even though he's tired and grumpy. We've been letting him fuss for a few more minutes when he wakes up and sometimes he'll get back to sleep in 7-8 minutes. I was wondering if our intervention was keeping him awake for an hour so we've been easing off a bit and sometimes that helps.

Hope everyone is well!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi girls! I realize I never came back for personals the other night. :oops: I'm so scattered lately!

Ally, good to see you! I'm sorry about sleep issues. Teething makes things so hard. About your milk drying up...have you tried anything like Fenugreek or eating oatmeal? I know you are distraught about it, I wonder if anything like that will help. Oh, and we are still swaddling too.

Dana, wow I can't believe Alex is standing!!! Did you say he has bottom teeth already? I can't remember. Those 25 minute naps are killers, aren't they? Looks like our area is going to have supernice weather at the end of this week!! Woo hoo!

Annie, goodness you sure do have your hands full! When will they arrive? I hope things go smoothly for you. Do you have housing plans for June already set up? Yay for Jordan crawling!

Stace, awwww the baby talk is so sweet, isn't it? I agree with you, if he was saying dada it would count as a real word for DH, lol!! How is Ronin doing with rolling over?

Alison, what have you been using for eczema? I think we might have it a little bit here too. Yay for sleep! How does Gavin like his school time?

Lindsay, I am sure Juliette will warm up to Daddy soon but that has to be hard for him, poor guy. We went through a terrible period of waking up constantly all night long. It was torturous. Is she crying a lot when she wakes or just whimpering? If it's just fussiness then I might hold off for a couple minutes to see if she resettles herself. I don't do CIO but if Mason wakes and whines for a couple minutes I let it go unless he starts to actually cry.

Dawn, have things improved regarding nursing and sleeping? How are you feeling? Is the PPD any better?

Leanne, how are the girls doing?

Amy, how is Sawyer? When are you planning to TTC again? We are thinking about this summer, yikes!

So I think we might have had a sleep breakthrough!! Mason has been sleeping from approximately 8:30PM - 4:30AM for the past couple nights!!!! This just came about suddenly. Last week was pure hell and I didn't know how much more I could take and then one night he slept...and slept. I am having a hard time getting him out of the swaddle, though. He's so dependent on it. I fear his sleep issues will come back if I try now so I don't know what to do. So far he has no teeth and I can't seem to feel anything on his gums. He loves food and today we tried carrots...he liked them a lot. I steamed a whole carrot for him and he pretty much ate the whole thing. We only do solids once a day but he does chew on frozen fruit in the mesh bag most days as well. It must feel good on his gums. I dice up a pear and freeze it and he sucks the bag dry, lol. He's finally sitting up unassisted and can roll both ways but still hates being on his belly. He will immediately roll to his back even if I put toys in front of him to keep him there. He will just grab the toy and roll back. He's starting to reach for me all the time, especially when he gets tired in the evenings which is hard because DH wants to see him after work and I am usually trying to clean the kitchen up after dinner. We have been going for long walks both in my neighborhood and in this great park near me (lately it's been cold and rainy so I take him shopping instead) but this week we are supposed to get nice warm weather again so I am excited to get back outside. We got a jogging stroller and he didn't like it at first as he's not used to being in a stroller but he seems to enjoy it more now. It's good exercise although I haven't quite worked up to jogging yet!

So, I realize I just wrote a book...sorry! I hope you girls are all doing well. Let's keep this thread up!
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby stacnjttc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Ronin is rolling over just from front to back, he hates being on his tummy so as soon as he is on his tummy he rolls to his back. He doesn't roll from back to tummy but he does go side to side, and he sits unsupported now, and I've been working on holding his hands and lifting him to a standing position but he's very wabbly once he's standing. He's really into his Johnny Jump up now, he was scared of it for the longest time, but now he loves it, and jumps around and spins etc...We also got him a walking instead of just his excersaucer, and he's learning to make it move, he was afraid of it at first when we tried to push him, but now he goes backwards and sometimes forward. He's not saying any other words other then mom right now, but he's been mimicking us by moving his mouth a lot when we talk, and he is doing lots of baby babble, so I think he's working on another word...maybe daddy? I think he'll be an early talker, late walker....not sure? I think he's going to skip the crawling, maybe scoot on his butt and walk around holding furniture and then walk, he hates being on his tummy I can see him crawling.

Here's a video of Ronin saying mom...be patient, it takes me a while to get him to say it, and excuse my messy office, I have been moving things around and it's pretty disheveled....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IywIC3TCjfw

Oh and for the past month he's been sleeping like a newborn again, waking up 3-4 times a night sometimes for hours at a time, oh and he has one bottom right really really sharp (ouch) tooth that popped through.

Sorry for the non personals, I will write more later, I've just been really busy with work and Ronin and I've been reading everyone's posts, just haven't found a lot of time to reply.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Don't have time to respond to anything, just have a question that maybe you can help with. Jordan is on Zantac for GERD but she still makes this crabby face and gets irritable just before burping or spitting up. It's like it burns and makes her uncomfortable. Can something else be causing this? The Zantac just isn't helping at all!
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 am

Hello all!

Laura - Yep Alex has his 2 bottom teeth. The weather is sooo nice. I have shorts on! How is sleep going - still well?

Stac - So cute! Definitely saying mom. :)

Annie - Not sure about the GERD, did you check with the pedi?

Alex is standing everywhere he can and transferring from one place to another whenever he can. He's also sitting down from a standing position and grabbing objects he drops on the floor. He climbs over us and under his high chair, into his bathtub, anywhere he can. I think I'm burning a few extra calories these days! :lol:

Have a great Easter everyone!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby swann81 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 am

I hope you are all enjoying your LO's first Easter!

My pedi is out of town for 2 weeks so it was fun playing tag with the phone nurse for 2 days. They finally have Jordan on Prilosec and she slept a solid 11 hours straight last night. No crying, burping, or middle of the night bottle. In fact, she seems to have dropped a day time bottle too. Now she is at 3 meals of whatever we eat for dinner and 3-6 oz bottles. And she is just playing up a storm, she isn't needing to be comforted so much. :D

The foster duo moved on Tuesday. I forgot how much siblings of close age argue and nitpick at each other. LOL We took them to a hockey game on Friday, they thought it was 'awesome!' :)

Now that it is nice outside, Jordan has decided she hates socks and shoes. In fact, at day care, she goes around the room taking the other babies' socks and shoes off. The babies who can't do it themselves yet think she is great for helping them out. The other day she must have decided a boy was hot because she was determined to get his pants off. Not a good sign for the teenage years! :lol:
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:33 am

OMG, that video of Ronin is TOO CUTE! Nothing reaally new to report here. I'm giving two bottles a day now, sometimes three. I think my milk is getting low. I BF 3 times and he gets solids twice a day. We'e doing great with cheerios and puffs too.l

Swan, I hope the prilosec did the trick and that wsn't just a one night fluke. I wonde though if 18 oz of formula is enough? My pedi said at 9 months they need a minimum of 22 oz?

Eczema is almost all cleared up. We used aveeno baby wash and put Eucerin on at least twice a day and used Rx 2.5% cortisone on the bad spots and a humidifier in his room.

He'll stay on his tummy longe, but still no crawling. He loves to "walk" though holding onto our hands...like my back doesn't hurt enough aleady. Our 9 month appt is this coming monday I think.

G is still really quite too. He did stat squealing again recently though. I am dying for him to say mama again. Only said it ONE time a couple weeks ago! I've been waiting foever fo the top teeth to come in. I can see a white line on the top left that has been there fo weeks, so hopfully not too much longe. Sleep is hit or miss. A good night is going down at 8:30, and waking at 11:30 but going back to sleep quickly by patting him.

Sorry this was quick! Hope you all had a good easter!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Drive by here!

Sleep has gotten yucky again. I think things were actually kind of better before we had that nice stretch. At least I didn't know what I was missing, LOL!

We are loving the nice weather and try to stay outside as much as possible. I was sooooo ready for this wild winter to be over! Last Tuesday we got 4 inches of snow and by Thursday it was 70 degrees. So weird!

Where is everyone? Ally, Amy, Dawn? Who else hasn't been on in a while? Check in!!!
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby swann81 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:01 am

Jordan is back to 4 bottles a day and usually gets 20-24 oz.

I'm having problem with cradle cap still. I baby oil it and scrub but it keeps coming back. Any other suggestions? Otherwise I have to wait until her next appt. What month is that?
Jordan Alyssa
8lb 3 oz, 21" long

Xavier Gage
8lb 8 oz, 20" long

swann81
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 am

Annie - The only thing that worked for us was using dandruff shampoo. The pedi recommended it. We had to wash his hair with that every time for months and he still has it a little bit in the front, but that shampoo did take care of it.

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES