AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby kdsrdms » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi girls.

Annie- we used aveeno for Lu's cradle cap, but I also used some dandruff shampoo and we used a little bristly scrub thing they gave us at the hospital. I think there are also prescriptions that can be used. The next appt should be the 9 month appt. Not too long now. I can't believe it!

stace - OMG Ronin is SO precious. He looks like your DH. I love those first words. Makes my heart swell.

Laura - What is it with the August babies?? LOL seems like none of us have good sleepers. It's nice here, too. I can't wait to take Lucy to the beach. I got her a swimsuit the other day and it's so cute!!! I try to get outside everyday. It helps with the PPD. If I can't, then I at least try to open the windows. I love the smell of fresh air. It brings back memories of when I was little.

Dana - teeth? and standing?? Woah. Where did our little babies go? Someone seriously needs to stop time.

Ally (babyluv) - glad the eczema is almost cleared up. I'm wondering if that's what Lucy has. I just don't know. I just hope we don't have to do allergy testing. How did the 9 month appt go? I just can't believe our babies are growing up so fast. Time has flown by. Any more thought on TTC the next one yet?

Ally (mrsc84) - is Dh still working long hours? :( That's so hard. I totally feel you on the lack of sleep thing. I keep telling myself that I'll miss this someday :D

AFM:

We're here. Still sleeping like crap. My PPD is better. :) I'm still taking meds though. Not quite ready to come off just yet, but I think by 1 year I will be.

I've been incredibly sick the last couple of days. I won't get into the details as it is waaaaay tmi, just suffice it to say that I've been miserable. I was on the bathroom floor just crying at 3am this morning. I didn't know what else to do. I hope it's nothing contagious.

We're having an issue with a rash on Lucy's face. I'm not sure what the deal is. I have a prescription cream we've been using, but it's still not clearing up. I thought it might be an allergy to some sort of food so we cut out everything but bananas and it cleared up a bit. Since then she's had potato, wheat bread, and carrots and it's back really really bad. It's just on one side of her face though, so it's just weird. We are going to the doctor tomorrow at 10:30 to have it checked out.

she's army crawling all over the place and she's SO fast. she can get on her hands and knees, but she just rocks then goes down on her tummy and crawls. She LOVES to be on her tummy. She's saying soooo many things.... mama, dada, buhbuh, bye bye (and she waves!), and she's making a "g" sound and a "k" sound. She likes to string her syllables together and use inflection and look at us like she's telling us something super important. So cute! I swear she says kitty cat and "jasper" (one of our cats is named Jasper). More than once she's said bapa to the cat, but not to anything else. When DS was little, he called the cat Bapus so she may be doing the same. I think she may be saying "bite" and "bath" too, but they both come out like "ba", but she uses them at the appropriate time.

She loves, loves, loves to be outside. :D

And last, I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm scared to say anything, but I just wanted to tell everyone to be careful with the information you post. There is a guy on the forums now (both TTC and the PG boards) and it really weirds me out. I know we should be weary of everyone, but something about his posts just didn't sit right. Maybe he's legit, but it's weird. And by coincidence, another guy joined just after this one did. Too coincidental for me. Just be careful girls. I love you all too much to see something happen to any of you!
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

hey

Postby kristylee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:47 am

Hey everyone!! Just now saw that ya'll were over here! Everyone's LO's are growing so fast. Kendal turned 8 months old yesterday!! Where does the time go?! Everyone's babies are so cute!! Kendal was doing so good eating baby food and now not so much. Guess she decided she doesn't like it!
She isn't crawling yet but I don't think it will be long. Right now she just rolls every where she wants to go! Lol! Too cute!
On the cradle cap try Nyzoral. Thats is what our pedi recommended and it is working pretty good!
Hope everyone is good. I will check back in later when I have more time!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MominMD » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sawyer has a nasty cold, so it has been a long 24 hours. He is nursing like a newborn today, which is unusual. Usually he only nurses when hungry, and sometimes I have to take him to a quiet place to get him to focus on that.

DP and I have decided to start TTC again. I am slooooooowly starting the process of weaning. I dropped the bedtime pumping session, but of course him nursing so much right now has taken the place of that anyway.

We may start as early as next month even though I am still nursing. If it does not happen quickly we will look into Clomid, or trying fertility treatments again. We will start with at home inseminations.

Sawyer is growing like a weed. He is dragging himself on his belly instead of crawling, and he can stand if he holds our hands or some furniture.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will keep you posted on TTC.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kdsrdms » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Yay Amy!! Good luck with TTC. I'm excited for someone to stalk :D Please keep us posted.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 am

Kristy - Good to see you! :)

Dawn- Glad to hear the PPD is better! Lucy sounds like she's talking up a storm. How is the rash?

Amy - Good luck with TTC! I'll be joining you in a few months. It feels weird to say that! Time is going by so fast.

As for us, it was a long week. Poor Alex had a fever for 3 days, but no other symptoms. I took him to the doc on Friday who said his fever was too high for just teething (which he is also doing, his poor little upper gums are so swollen) and that it was something "viral" but he had no other symptoms. No fever yesterday but today a rash showed up so from my googling it seems as though it's roseola. I'll call the doc tomorrow but there's really nothing else to do, the rash will go away in a few hours to a few days. He seems in much better spirits and is eating solids again, and no fever. AF also returned last week and he was not happy with my milk and was doing a lot of biting.

He is making a lot of noises and says "mem" and "da" but not really in connection with us yet. He does say "hi" and "hey" sometimes when he sees you, the dog, or a favorite object. He is standing on his own now for a few seconds and working on climbing the stairs. 8O

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am

Hey ladies! Where is everyone? Hope you are all well and I'm guessing your babies are keeping you busy - I know mine is!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 pm

What does everyones babies weigh now? Sawyer went to the doc this week and he was 20 pounds 9 ounces.

We have our 9 month appt. on Wednesday, but we thought he had an ear infection so we went in early.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Dang, I wrote an ENTIRE long post the other day and I guess it never went through. Ill have to write ita gain when I get time again.

But, we had the 9month appt about 2 weeks ago and was 18 pounds 15 oz and 28 inches. They said that is 25th percentile weight and 25-50 height

oh, we have a top tooth too!
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi everyone, just real quick I have to go feed the boy, but his last appt' was two weeks ago, it was a cardiologist appt', but they check his weight and height, anyway, he was 18lbs and 28 inches. They're not going to do a 9 month appt' I guess at Ronin's HMO they do a six month appt' and then the next one isn't until 1 year....they said they used to do a 9 month but I guess they decided that the babies didn't need it.....stupid health insurance!
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kdsrdms » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Amy - Lucy is a wee little girl. I took her in for her rash the other day and she weighed 14lbs on the nose. She was one week shy of 8 months.

Dana - the rash got all better by itself. We didn't even need to use the prescription cream. I cut out all solids again and it got better. I had a gut feeling that apples were at least part of the cause, so we started back with 3 days of bananas and she did great. Then I did apples and on the first day she broke out a little. I wanted to make sure so I gave them to her again the next night and she broke out even more, so we've stopped apples and anything with apples in it (and there is a lot of stuff with apples/apple juice in it). We went back to bananas to clear up the rash, then gave her some potatoes tonight so we'll see how she does.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Dawn, how is Lucy's rash? Has it come back at all? Are you pretty sure it's the apples that caused it? Oh and I also thought that the guy on the boards was kind of weird. :? Is he still around?

Stace, sounds like Ronin is doing well! How often does he need to see the cardiologist? Is it some thing he will have to do throughout his life?

Alison, how many teeth does this make? How is he doing with teething?

Amy, how is TTC going for you guys? Did Sawyer end up having an ear infection?

Dana, awww poor Alex. I'm sure he is on the mend by now though. How many teeth does he have?

Annie, has the cradle cap cleared up? Mason didn't have it too badly but I massaged his head with baby oil before his bath and then washed his hair really well and then brushed it after the bath. It did the trick.

Kristy, hi and nice to see you!

Ally, how are you guys? How is Joely doing?

Am I missing anyone?

As for us: we have a tooth! It popped through about 2 weeks ago or so and I'm glad of it because Mason was a BEAR for a couple of days leading up to it. I swear, the minute I felt that sharp little edge he was back to his old self again. However, another one is starting to make it's way through and it's just under the surface so he's back to being really clingy and whiny but this time it's not AS bad. They are both on the bottom.
He has been sleeping in his crib for the first 3 or 4 hours of the night (STILL swaddled :roll: ) and then when he wakes I take him in bed with us for the rest of the night. We have been sleeping so much better this way. He must feel secure because he doesn't need to be swaddled in our bed, go figure. I actually love having him with us in bed. He's so warm and cuddly. DH is worried he will never want to sleep in his room but I'm not concerned about that. We'll deal with it when we have to. We don't believe in CIO so I tell him it's either this or he can be my guest and wake up every hour with him all night. So.....he usually clams up, LOL.
He still isn't crawling but sits up really well and rolls around. He does scoot a little on his butt, too. He loves everything he has eaten so far. We are only doing 2 meals a day so far (and lunch is usually just small bites of a banana or avocado or some yogurt so it's more snacklike, I guess). He still nurses every 3 hours or so. Surprisingly I haven't noticed any fussiness durng AF (recently came full force, ugh) so maybe we are getting lucky there. We had so many issues in the beginning I am hoping that maybe that was enough overall.

Ok, I feel like your eyes are probably glazing over by now so I will end this!!! LOL
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby kdsrdms » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Laura - O.M.G. Mason is SO cute. I want to eat him up. Does he have a little helmet on in that pic? We are wanting to take Lucy on bike rides with us as soon as we get a carrier for her. Where do you find tiny little helmets?

So far apples and potatoes have made her break out. From what I've read it's likely an allergy to Birch Pollen, which can also cause allergies in a huge, long list of foods. We are adding one at a time, but if she breaks out we have to go back to bananas for 3 days to clear her up, then add a new food. It's frustrating (not in a mad way, though). It's going to take a while to figure out everything that causes a reaction. I'm hoping she'll outgrow it.

Since we're going slow with foods, I'm BFing more. She's still feeding every 3 hours around the clock. Last night I was at my wits end. I was so tired and just felt like there was no end in sight. I'm much better today :D It's just hard when sleep is broken up like that. I tell DH it's not the quantity of sleep, but the quality that is a problem. We won't do CIO either. I did it with DS and regret it and will never do it again. He ended up back in our bed anyway and I'd rock him to sleep or whatever he needed. Tell your DH not to worry about Mason never wanting to sleep in his own bed. He will eventually.

I've typed a novel, too, so I should go. I need some snuggly time with DH before the princess wakes. 8O :P
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:54 am

We went to the doc about a week and a half ago and they got a rough estimate of his weight (clothes and diaper on) and that day he weighed 19 lb. 1 oz., so I'm guessing he's somewhere between 18 3/4 and 19 pounds.

Laura - Alex has 2 teeth - still. The top ones just will not bust through. He's continuing to bite anything and everything (including me, ouchie) and drooling.

Dawn - Hope Lucy's doing better with foods! I can imagine it's a little frustrating to have to weed things out. It is so true about sleep - 8 hours of broken sleep is nowhere close to 8 hours of straight sleep.

Things are going fairly well here. Alex naps well and sleeps well at night most of the time, although he has had crying spells early in the night and then we hold/rock him back to sleep. I assume it's teething related. DH gets frustrated because he will think Alex is asleep, then he puts him down and he cries all over again. Then I go in and am able to get him to sleep. Overall though he'll nap twice a day for about and hour and 15 minues to an hour and a half. He sleeps from 6:30-7:00 at night until 5 or later most nights, nurse, then sleeps again for another hour or so. He is getting into everything and climbs wherever he can. He has been climbing the stairs for the past week. He is sliding down furniture now and will go from the couch to the coffee table which are right next to each other but not any further than that. He can stand on his own for a few seconds and this morning he held onto a little playset in his room, pushed it, and took a few steps forward. He also drug it backwards and took steps backwards. 8O I am thinking of getting some type of walking toy for him, where he stands behind it and pushes. Of course, unlike other babies, he is not so into the talking. He does practice a lot of sounds and has been focusing on "b", "v", and "th". He does understand what I say, like "no", "let it go", and "come to mama". I'm guessing he's going to be the early walker/late talker of the group!

How is everyone doing?

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am

Laura, Ronin has a heart condition that they have to monitor for the rest of his life :(, but so far so good, and every time we see the cardiologist he always says 'no surgery yet'....I hate that 'yet' though it's like surgery is just this impending thing that hangs over us every time we go. Basically he has a bicuspid valve, in his aortic valve, and also narrowing in the aortic valve, and then he also has two holes in other parts of his heart (which caused the heart murmur that they noticed in the first place)....it's probably too confusing to explain, but basically they have to monitor his growth and his heart (we have to get EKGs and Echo Cardiograms, regularly) and the doctor says as long as we keep him healthy he should be just fine, and it shouldn't hinder him in any way. Hopefully he won't have to have surgery (which would be an aortic valve replacement) until he's an older man. I personally don't even want him to have heart surgery then...but the doctor makes it sound like it's inevitable at some point in his life. Hopefully by then with advances in medical technology, he'll be able to grow his own new valve.

Other then that, he's doing great, he has two bottom teeth now :) he's working on the top right, I think that'll come in next. The first one was brutal, he was cranky and obviously in pain, it felt like it took FOREVER for it to finally break through, then he was happy again, for about two weeks. Then the bottom left started, and he was back to being miserable again. Now he's back to being happy again since that bottom left poked through...he bites me while nursing on occasion....that's fun :? I think we'll be going into another fussy, upset baby time soon because he's working on that top right. I keep hoping each tooth will be less painful then the last, but we'll see. So far I would say both bottom teeth were pretty bad for him, that second one did come in faster then the first though, so I'm hoping it just keeps getting better...we'll see.

He's still not crawling or even scooting, but he is sitting up really well on his own, for the most part. He occasionally falls back, or to the side. He isn't pulling himself up to a sitting position yet, but he will grab on to my fingers and pull himself up with my help, to a sitting and standing position. I saw a lady at the store with an 11 month old this weekend, and she told me he just started walking, she said he only started crawling three weeks before that, so I'm not worried, he'll crawl and walk when he's ready :). He's just doing soo much with his small motor skills, I think he's just busy working on those first I guess.

As far as solids, so far he hasn't really been that into them. We try to give him something to 'practice' eating at least once or twice a day, but most of the time he just makes a mess on his high chair tray and maybe gets one or two things in his mouth. As far as the pureed stuff, he closes his mouth and turns his head with most of it...sometimes we can get him to take a bite or two, but that's about it. I'm still pretty much just bfing every two maybe two and a half hours or so.

Ummmmm I'm writing a novel now, I better get back to work.

How's everyone doing? I'm sorry I didn't write any personals, but I hope you're all doing well and probably just really busy with your little ones.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:11 am

Just a quick pop-in - it's quiet in here!

Still waiting on the top teeth to come in. I swore I saw the entire outline of the left one yesterday but nada so far. We're going to get a walking push toy this weekend and we'll see how Alex does with it. I also ordered some crib teething protectors since he's made quite a few gnaws in the wood on the end. :? Thankfully it's on the part that won't be part of his big bed one day.

Stace - I've been bitten while nursing too, ouchie. Earlier this week not only did Alex bit me on the left side, but pulled back as he raked his teeth off. Yeow! Still healing...

Hope you all are doing well, check in when you can!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES