AUGUST 2009 MUMMYS! PART 2!

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby stacnjttc » Thu May 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Girls, I just wanted to say a quick hello!!! I agree it's been really quiet on here, everyone must be really busy with their little ones!
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:55 pm

hey ladies!

ok ok i know i know im a big fat slacker!
but my goodness we have had a rough month, Joel was up soooo many times a night i couldnt count for a good few weeks, i had some flu bug which in turn ended my milk supply which was already nose diving so at 8.5 months iv finally weaned :( J seems ok with it all which is great but for me it was tough letting go and now J is more interested in my boobs than ever before, he is constantly fishing down my top and trying to latch on through my clothes :roll: just like his dad HA :lol: he just uses boobs for comfort now which is fine by me :)

anyways we finally took the break of the swaddle! and its now been 2 weeks and he is doing awesome! the first few nights were hit and miss and coupled with teething we are still having a few rough nights which is to be expected of course but all in all he is doing good the last few nights he has been going to bed at 6.30pm waking for a feed at 1.30ish and then back to bed till 5.30....6.30 would be awesome but im not pushing my luck :wink:

but im sorry ive been slacking the last month tbh ive felt pretty crappy about a lot of stuff but things seem to be on the up and im making myself be more positive!!!

As for Joel we weighed him on thursday and he weighs 19lb 6.5oz. he crawls like a maniac and pulls himself up on EVERYTHING lets go stands for a second and panics and plop himself back on the floor! he says dada all the time and we have had a few mamas but only when he is cross over something lol i dont get the sweet soft voiced Joel! he will clap and wave when he wants to but not on demand, if u say Joely clap and clap ur hands he gives u this look as if to say "er mother i dont think so" :lol:

we still have no teeth and its begginning to bug me as the only times he is grumpy and sad is when his gums are hurting....i hate not being able to stop it all and i end up feeling sad too...oh the woes of being a mama hey?!

his eating is getting great although he goes completely off anything in his mouth when his gums are playin up and refuses to eat :cry: he loves toasted bread and melon right now! he eats pretty much anything and is doing really well with the mashed and lumps of food sometimes he forgets to "chew" and we have a bit of a gag but all in all he does great, he is learning to use his sippy but with no lid 8O he hates the lid and just cant figure out how to get any water from it! its messy but with my help he does brilliantly with it and gets so excited when he sees me gettin his cup out!

im sorry for the lack of personals iv been away for a bit and have so much to catch up on, i have read them all and am so glad all is well with u all especailly little ronin and his heart bless him.

ER ladies where did our babies go??????? 9 months this month 8O

sometimes i get sad cos i try and remember the way he smelt as a newborn or what he did or something and i cant and i feel like i should ya know?
i will be honest and a lot of the time i think im this rubbish mum who doesnt do anything right :( i know its stupid and i can see how well we all do as a family and how happy and bright joel is but i get easily disheartened for example last night Joel took 30 mins to settle into bed which for over a week now he has been asleep within minutes so after this 30 mins last night (which was teethin pain i think) i just broke down and felt like id done something wrong which is why he wouldnt settle, darren is constantly trying to reassure me and i can see his points but i cant stop getting this feeling ya know?

i dont know im rambling sorry!!!

anyways i am back and will be here more often i promise!

love you all ladies!!

oh and dawn yeah i saw about that man joining, i didnt realise another one had joined too 8O i know it might be innocent but seems a bit strange to me too i wouldnt want him in our ddc, i know it might seem a bit mean but it just doesnt sit right!

ok well Joel is due to wake up from nap and that means my peace out the window for at least 4 hours! so im gonna get dressed have a cuppa and await my little prince :)

xxxxx
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9
Joel-Jaydon born 17/aug/09 = 6lb 15oz

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:35 am

Ally good to see you! I'm sure we all have those feelings from time to time about not being a good mom. Trust me, you are. You did the best you could for Joel with nursing and continue to do so since he's doing it for comfort still. :)

DH has been away this week so it's been just Alex and I. He has been much more clingy this week, I don't know if it's DH being away or teeth again but generally he has been sleeping well so who knows. I can see 2 teeth on his top gums off to each side so if they pop through before the middle ones he'll look like he has fangs. :lol: Alex is everywhere, standing for longer periods of time, cruising, and climbing the stairs several times a day. He is gaining weight slowly but seems just fine otherwise so I guess I shouldn't worry. He is starting to say "dada" and "mama" more but not to DH or I, he just says them randomly. He also says "Yayaya" when he's excited. I'm working on having him sleep straight through from 6:30-7:00 until 6:30-7:00 the next day. Sometimes he still wakes at 5-5:30 but will put himself back to sleep within 15 minutes or so. He's still nursing 5x/day and working on eating soft bites of food. He does like whole grain bread and pasta and pieces of fruit. Still not a big vegetable fan though. :?

Hope everyone is doing well...post when you can everyone! I'd hate to see our buddy group die out. :(

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:10 pm

taffy75 wrote:if they pop through before the middle ones he'll look like he has fangs. :lol:

:lol: :lol: if they do, do you promise pictures?!

hey all,

just a quick hi before i get to bed, Joel said "daddy" tonight whilst putting him to bed, it was so sweet and so clear voiced, i was with J when he said it and hoped dh had heard through the monitor and he did! it was so cute, although id be pretty happy if he slipped a mama in there occasionaly :roll: lol he shouts mama when he wants me but i dont get the sweet angelic voice!!!

Joel is everywhere also, he likes to stand to the tv unit and push the buttons on our sky box, he likes the flashy blue light that whirls round when its turning off. he is into fluff and is guarenteed to find any piece lying around, he picks it up stares at it and throws it! he loves to watch things drop and skreiks with delight when he chases after a ball he has thrown!

Im having a really good week this week and finally after 4 missing months af caught up with me, on cd 2 today and i feel amazing, hating the cramps of course but i just feel so less tense i think also it has something to do with the accupuncture i recieved on tuesday, i pulled my back on sunday and i was in a lot of pain and could hardly move i gave in and visited the doc who offered me the accupuncture and today not 3 days after its feeling almost back to normal! she also gave me 2 sets of strong painkillers but i have been taken them only at night after a day of luggin joel around so im pretty sure its done the trick and at the same time relieved alot of stress points. Also Joels sleep is gettin so much better and everyone all round is feeling so much brighter!

plus dh joel and i are off on a holiday in a couple of weeks only a little beach break but i cant wait! just the break we need! i just hope it doesnt mess up Joels sleeping progress!

hope everyone is well, as dana says we cant let our buddy group go, i for one am going to be sure to stick around, especially seein as we are almost at our babies birthdays!! we shall have to start swapping ideas!!!!

right im off to peek at my lil dude snuggle with my big dude and hopefully have a restful night!
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kdsrdms » Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 am

Hi girls. I haven't read up, but I will soon.

Lucy is 9 months today. Where did the time go???

It's nap time, but I'll be back to update as soon as I can.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Wed May 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi ladies. OK, I have been terrible.

Sawyer is crawling now, and is pulling himself up to his knees and/or to standing all the time. We have started weaning. I am down to pumping once a day, and about to drop that. I still BF him 3 times a day.

I am meeting with my RE about doing IVF. We have an appt. next month.

Hope everyone is doing well. Our babies are growing up.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sundaymoon » Wed May 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I definitely don't want our group to die out! Sometimes I don't get email updates when someone posts. Does this happen to you guys too?

Mason finally started to crawl yesterday! He was doing kind of a half army crawl for a couple weeks and yesterday it finally clicked and he crawled on all fours. I was so worried that he was going to have a hard time because of the torticollis but he seems to be doing well. He still only has two teeth but eats a bunch of things with no problem. I discovered tonight that he really likes whole grain flatbread, lol.

I just can't believe our babies are 9 months old. I love seeing Mason learn and do new things but at the same time I feel like it's going by too quickly. When the weather is really warm it brings me right back to last summer when I was pregnant and when Mason was just a newborn and I get really emotional. The other day I came across one of the little nightgowns he wore when he was tiny and I couldn't stop crying. I'm already forgetting a little of what he was like when he was newborn and it makes me so sad. I wish I could stop time for a while and keep him a baby.

I promise i will do personals tomorrow. I am reading along and have no intention of deserting this group! We have to keep it alive so keep posting girls!

Amy, that's so exciting! You might be the first PG one in this group!!!!
me: Laura
DH: David
DS1: Mason - August 5, 2009
DS2: Gavin - November 27, 2011 (my VBAC baby!)
sundaymoon
Star Member
Star Member

hi

Postby kristylee » Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 am

Hey ladies its nearly 3 in the morning and I'm up with ms Kendal. She's been running 102 fever but its finally down and she's asleep on me right now. I'm too worried about her to sleep! I know its probably just her teeth cuz she's cutting 4 on top at the same time!! I'm exhausted but DH is up too and at wal mart getting more meds. He has to be at work in 3 hrs! Hope everyone is doing well.
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Ally - That is funny about Joel and fuzz, Alex is fascinated by fuzz too but he always tries to eat it. :lol: I'm sure you're looking forward to vacation!

Dawn - Happy 9 months to Lucy! How are you all doing?

Amy - When is Sawyer nursing for you? Alex just cut down to 4x/day so we're working on a new schedule with nursing and his solids.

Laura - Yay for Mason for crawling! We are still waiting on top teeth here too...I know what you mean about enjoying watching your baby do new things but feeling emotional too. I keep thinking of how excited I was getting last year to meet my little boy, who's toddling around now. It's a little sad it's going by so quickly!

Kristy - How is Kendall feeling?

As for us, Alex had his 9 month checkup on Monday. He's 28.5 inches but a skinny minnie now - 19 lb. 2 oz. Ped says it's because he's so active he's just burning up his calories but to keep feeding him as long as he'll eat (which I do). He did just cut out one of his nursing sessions too and is nursing 4x/day. I've been offering him a snack at that time instead. Not sure what else to do about the weight thing. :? He got one shot at his appt. and the prick for hemoglobin and didn't cry - he just tried to pull the nurse's hair. :lol:

Alex got his first haircut on Saturday and did well with that too! He got a little whiny near the end of it because he was sitting still for so long. He really looks like a little boy now though - not so much my baby!

He is using his little ride on car/walking to all of the time and gets upset when he runs into a wall and can't keep going. He's getting ready to stand on his own - he hardly holds on to anything anymore - and is letting go of one place and leaning towards another so he'll have no hands for his cruising.

Hope everyone is well!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Wed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

taffy75 wrote:Ally - That is funny about Joel and fuzz, Alex is fascinated by fuzz too but he always tries to eat it. :lol: I'm sure you're looking forward to vacation!

Amy - When is Sawyer nursing for you? Alex just cut down to 4x/day so we're working on a new schedule with nursing and his solids.

Sawyer tries to eat fuzz too, or any little speck he can find on the floor.

Sawyer still nurses when he gets up in the morning. Sometimes he nurses once during the night. He nurses when I get home from work, and before bed.

He eats 3 bottles when I am at work, but it varies in how much of the bottle he eats. I am thinking one of those bottles might go away soon.

I have retired my pump, and he gets formula when I am at work now. It is a little sad, but freeing at the same time. I was getting less and less, and becoming less responsive to the pump.

He turns 10 months on Friday, and I can hardly believe it.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babyluv51 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi all!

We are sick here, or at least G is with the dreaded coxsockie virus, or hand foot mouth, but his is just in the mouth and high fever plus we have diarrhea and vomiting! I hope itpasses soon.

He started crawling on hands and knees last week and loves fuzz or dirt or sticks or leaves or whatever else he comes across. Scares teh $hit of ome and then I have to dig it out of his mouth. I can' twait until this phase passsess. He nurses only first thing in the AM. He sleeps 8:30-5am then in bed to nurse with me. I really wish he would sleep a full 11-12 hours though. when he comfort nurses with 6 teeth it does not feel good, but I let him do it anyway. I'm mid cycle right now and next cycle we'll start TTC on our own for a few months before calling in for meds. To be honest getting pregnant again is not sounding like fun at the moment and I am dreading the thought of caring for a newborn with a toddler, but I want our kids closer in age so I guess it must be done :D How much formula is everyone drinking? He gets three 7 oz bottles plus the morning nursing, and this morning he was so cranky he got 70z in addition to breastmilk, I think im really dwindling in the mik supply. I just hope 28oz isn't too much.

it seems I can never baby proof enough. Theres always somethjing he can do to get into something or be likely to fall down or over to hurt himelf. Uggg! Showering and using hte bathroom are probably the hardest tasks of my days!

Dana, I need to look and see if you posted pics of the haircut yet. I am trying to hold out on G as long as a I can before the big cut! how did you decide which style to cut it in?
Baby Gavin born 7-10-09
Baby Finley born 5-10-11
Me and DH 32 years old
babyluv51
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MominMD » Fri May 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Sawyer is 10 months today. I can hardly believe it.
MominMD
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am

Allison - I did post pics of the cut on FB! I just asked her to cut off enough length so he could see - poor little guy had hair in his eyes all of the time - and to trim the long pieces over his ears. Hope Gavin is feeling better!

Happy 10 months Sawyer!

Has anyone been feeding their baby meat? I've been afraid to feed pieces to Alex. We gave him a bit of hamburger the other day but that's pretty soft.

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsc84 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 pm

hey ladies!

Alison, i hope gavin is feeling better poor lil guy :( yay for crawling! i love watching the arms and legs move so quickly it amazes me how they move!!! Since weaning J has gone right off milk, i struggle to get 15oz in him a day and thats with mixing in foods. i think as long as gavin is taking it id keep giving he might be going through a growth spurt too!

laura big yay for crawling!!! go mason!! i too have been having emotional moments of late, im so worried im forgetting everything that has already been and just today i really looked at Joel and couldnt believe my eyes when i saw this big boy in front of me, i miss my lil chicken and would so love to zoom back a good few months! but then i would miss my big babbling boy screeching for his mama!!

amy i cant wait to be here rooting u on for your ivf how awesome!!!!!! i keep up with you on fb and sawyer is just adorable he looks so so cheeky!!

dana i love the pics of alex and his hair cut! he looks so so grown up and just gorgeous! we are still wishing for a head of hair for J! its growing but just very slowly!!
im not really bothering with meat at the moment, the few times i have it has not gone down well, we have had baaad gas from sausages or steaks or anything like that and chicken he just gags on!! he eats so much other stuff right now i just let him try if he sees it on my plate, his favourite actually is licking like sliced ham, like you would put in a sandwich! its cold and he loves sucking it and licking it! he doesnt really eat any of it though but i figure he gets some flavour from it!

sorry if i have missed anyone!!!

AFM we are doing great! we almost have a tooth!!! i think we are the last ones to get one right?? LOL its come through the gum and man its sharp!! Joel is crawling and pulling up and cruising along furniture.....i really willed him to crawl and man do i regret rushing that one!! J/k he is so fast and just into everything he has just learnt how to sit down from standing up so thats his new game!!
He has been sleeping like a baby and i have had some much needed rest!
we go on a holiday on monday! just across the water to an island, not as glamorous as it sounds though! its pretty near where we live but has some beautiful beaches so hoping for some sunshine although i looked at the weather earlier and it said rain starting monday!!! they have a pool indoors at the holiday park we are staying though so if anything we will just have to swim alot!!!

im so down in the dumps about how much weight i have put on :( in the year before j was born i lost over 70lb and then i got pregnant, i put on about 20lbs and dropped 10lbs days after i gave birth but since then i have put on another 20lbs and i just dont have the motivation to shift it :( i dont eat much all day and then as soon as j is in bed i get twitchy. i know i need to start my wii fit up again and make some food changes urgh salad YUM ha! anyways thats my lil vent!

hope ur all well :)
ally 25
darren 33
dsd 9

ImageImage

mrsc84
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Guys, just a drive by post here, I don't want our group to die out either. I still read everyone's responses, I just really need to get better about posting more.

Well congrats to all the crawlers!

I can't beleive some of your little ones have had hair cuts already, it's crazy to think that just last year we were getting prepared and anxiously awaiting their arrivals. They're only a couple months away from first birthdays....insane!

I hope the little sick babies are feeling better, Kendall & Gavin. I feel like we've really lucked out so far Ronin hasn't gotten sick yet....knock on wood, I'm still dreading the day.

Well Ronin has been teething like crazy lately. He has six teeth now, two bottom teeth, and four top teeth. The two on either side of his top front teeth just broke through last week and this week, they're just poking out ever so slightly. He's had a rough time sleeping, but he's doing really good with naps all of a sudden. I wish he would apply some of that sleeping to his night time sleeping. He's never been good at night or day sleeping so I guess we'll take what we can get :). He isn't crawling yet, doesn't even try to crawl. He tries to scoot a little on his butt, but I have a feeling he's going to skip crawling all together. We'll see, eventually he'll be walking and running around, so I guess I should take advantage of this non mobile time. He's always worked on his small motor skills. He's still working on talking. He still says Mom, but he's added, Dada, Gaga (when he sees Grammy), when I take the dog out to go potty and I tell her to go potty Ronin will look at her and say, GO! It's pretty cute. He RUNS around the house in his walker. He plays peek a boo with his hands and arms, but he's always sure to have one eye peaking out to look at you while he's doing it :). He's also starting to wave.

OH food, he's not the best eater, he doesn't really like food that much, so we're still working on that. I have started giving him just what we eat and just run it lightly through the food processor and he seems to like what we eat better then baby food. I have given him chicken & ground turkey, he seems to like turkey better then chicken. He's also had tofu, which he didn't seem to mind that much either. He likes the food with more flavor, spices, etc... over sweet foods like fruits and sweeter baby foods, he likes what we eat more then the pureed stuff. We also gave him chili that we made (with ground turkey) it had a little spice to it too, and he liked it. I think he might end up liking spicy foods. DH & I love them, and when I was pregnant I craved spicy like crazy so maybe he'll like it too.

He's also a pretty little guy too. At his last appt' at 9 months he was only 18lbs 8oz and 28" long. They said he's tall but he's skinny. I was concerned about his weight so his pedi basically said we should force feed him by holding his mouth and making him eat food. UMMMM I'm not going to do that. He's still growing and I'm not about to give him food issues by forcing him to eat. She said...oh no just clap and say yaaaayyyyy after you make him eat it and then he won't feel like you forced him to eat....ummmm no, that wouldn't work with him. He won't just all of a sudden get happy just because we clap and say yaaayyyyyy. He'll eat more when he's ready to eat more.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES