APRIL 2010 mommies

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby MK13 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Peter does the gagging thing too. He always has both hands in his mouth ... or one of his feet! :lol: ... I know the foot thing is supposed to be a milestone for babies but since DS1 never did that, I always have to laugh when I see him like that. He does it all the time!

As for sleeping ... I really don't know what to do right now ... because of Peter's reflux issues, he has never, since he was about 5 days old, slept lying flat on his back ... the past 5 months he's been sleeping either in the swing or in Fisher Price rock n play sleeper http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newb ... B002M77N22 ... well, he's getting too big for those and since he won't sleep flat, I have no idea what to do next! He needs to stay in our bedroom till he starts sleeping through the night, so I tried propping up one side of a pack & play so it would have an incline for him but he doesn't want to have anything to do with it ... he just slides down sideways and starts fussing ... I'm really clueless what to do?

I am actually looking forward to him starting to roll back to tummy and back ... DS1 didn't start sleeping well until he was able to roll. From then on he only slept on his tummy and still does. So I'm hoping that once Peter starts rolling over, he'll be able to sleep on a flat surface and will start sleeping in longer stretches too.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jess641 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:21 pm

MK13- That is frustrating! I'm so sorry Peter's been having so much trouble with his reflux! poor little guy!
The foot thing is really cute, I love seeing Sydnee play with her's.
Jess
Due April 22nd 2010
14w5d u/s- It's a GIRL!!! :)
Sydnee Marie
Born: April 14th 2010 at 12:31pm, 7lbs 3.8oz, 19.5in long
10 Months
Jess641
Angel
Angel

Postby d1ehexe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 am

Mk : Hope Peter will roll over soon so he can get more comftable, poor little guy

Jess : Love the Picture of DD , Did u take them urself ?

Started introducing Ben to diffrent Flavours , his favorite is Carrot at the moment . He is a good little eater , so much so that he expects to get some purred food for lunch everyday now instead of his bottle :? .

I know he is big and People are always surprissed that is is only 4 month and not older . The best comment I got was while out shopping , some Women came up to me and asked about Ben , His name , Boy or Girl ( He was wearing blue pants with a Tshirt with little Cars on ) and then how old he was .
Me ~ 4 Month
Women ~ When was he born ?
Me ~ In May
Women ~ This year or last Year ?
Me ~ Well this year May , he is 4 month old .
Some People are just plain strange !!!!! I really don't mind if they come up and have a look at Ben but I draw the line at people touching him , if I know them and they asked first to give him a cuddle ok but not complete strangers in shops

Hope u and your little ones are doing good :D
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:44 am

Mieke- I know right? People are really strange and why they cant determine what gender the baby is when its either dressed in all pink or blue is beyond me. I have had a few comments in walmart where Olivia is wearing a headband with a flower on it and people still say Boy or girl?? Really?? are they kidding. who puts a flower headband on their son! Oh well.... lol....But i wanted to say Ben is so cute and sweet... Yea we get size comments too i think people are just trying to make conversation and they dont know what else to say besides boy or girl, or how big or small the baby is.. well have a good day ladies!
Me- Shalana * Mommy to 5 Kiddos*
Olivia Danielle Born on April 17th 2010
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jess641 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 pm

d1ehexe- Thank you!! yes I did! :)
Sydnee is a good eater too. Although she sucks her food off the spoon like a bottle. She has been eating babyfood now for the past month.
Everyone is always asking me how old Sydnee is and when I tell them they always gasp and say she is so big for her age. I have been getting that ever since she was 6 weeks old. I have seen babies who were 2 months older than Sydnee and she was bigger. My older sister has a friend who had a baby girl 2 weeks before Sydnee was born and Sydnee is twice her size. At her 4 month checkup she is off the charts for her height and weight. She loves to eat. Everywhere we go, people are always coming up to me to see or touch Sydnee. I had about 4 nurses surround me in a hospital when I was visiting my mom to coo at Sydnee, I was on my way out and they took about 10-15mins cooing at her.
It's like that in the stores, the people that work there are always so happy when I bring her and are always wondering where she is if I dont bring her. It's weird! Even at the doctors office the nurse picks up her carseat and goes to show her to all the other nurses. I think it's because of her hair and big cheek. They all think she looks like a doll. As for being asked if your baby is a boy or girl, That has happened to me too when Sydnee was about 4 weeks old about 3 times. It's so annoying, Sydnee was even in her pink carseat and a dress. So now everywhere we go, I usually have a bow or headband in her hair.

I really dont see how people can not know, d1ehexe, your cutie doesn't even look like a girl and Shalena, Olivia doesn't look like a boy at all. I must say we have beautiful babies in this April group.
Jess
Due April 22nd 2010
Sydnee Marie
10 Months
Jess641
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 pm

just a quick update on us ... both I and little Peter are sick. Some sort of sinus infection. I've had it for almost a week now and he came down with it last night. I feel so bad for him. His nose is all runny and he's coughing and sneezing all the time :( ... but he still giggles. He's a trooper! I'm bracing for the night ... if it's going to be anything like last night, it will be hell. He had trouble breathing through the stuffed nose so couldn't sleep much :(.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jess641 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:39 am

MK13- Sydnee just went through that about 2 weeks ago. Well she had the fever, runny nose, and sneezing. She kept waking up screaming because she couldn't breath through her nose and it scared her. I felt SO bad! :Hugs: I hope you guys get better real soon!
Jess
Due April 22nd 2010
Sydnee Marie
10 Months
Jess641
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:29 am

Thanks Jess! ... now even my 2 year old is sick too :( ... sure doesn't seem to be a regular cold. Makes me wonder if the flu came early this year?

I'm just being a lot more careful than usual ... we had a bad scare back in February with back then my 18 month old getting an RSV virus and ending up in the ER because he couldn't breathe.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rule62 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Ladies :)
MK-I hope the sick kiddos are feeling better! We just had a stomach bug tear through us over the weekend and it was NO fun.

Jess-your little girl is GORGEOUS!! great pics, too!

Shalana- I love the headbands :) I really want to try one on Jordan, since she has this full head of red hair. I'm horrible at dressing Jordan in gender specific clothes and colors though :( I have a few things I saved from DS, in bright primary colors, so sometimes she's confused for a boy LOL

As for us- Babywise saved my fanny, and Jordan has successfully transitioned to a 730-8 pm bedtime! She goes right down, no complaints, and only wakes once at 4am to nurse, then back to sleep until 7am. Her naps are great, too- and she is alsways in a great mood now. Thank goodness! Also, we are facing financial struggles, as we adjust to being a single income family, and have had some great little miracles come our way :) My best girlfriend has a 2 year old daughter and a serious Old Navy habit. She just found out she is expecting a boy, and has passed EVERYTHING on to me! :) talk about saving some $$!! I also pickd up one shift a week at the front desk of our local gym. It brings in a little extra $$, gives Gamma a couple hours with Jordan, and I get a free membership!

I'm off to meet another mommy for tea, hope y'all are having a great start to the week :)
Jessie 32, PCOS dx 2001
John 36
Tyler 11
Jory 22 months
Due 4/9/12
It's a boy! Samuel Robert Bates :)
Rule62
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Mommyto5 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 pm

hi gals,
Thanks Jess and Rule 62 Yes i think you should see is she likes headbands! haha.. I make all colors and styles if you want one. just let me know on FB hun. Olivia wears one almost everyday unless we dont go somewhere. well im off to bed im kinda sleepy today have a good night all..
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Jess, i wrote to you on FB but i also wanted to say here that your photgraphy work is beautiful and wanted to know if you live near Co.? I need some new pics of Liv. LMK. I love the hats too... ;-))

Oh yea and my 2 younger are sick right now too with colds. The older one had it last week and i guess they caught it from her. darn it.
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jess641 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 am

My Sydnee cut 2 teeth 10 days ago, they look so cute when she smiles.
Jess
Due April 22nd 2010
Sydnee Marie
10 Months
Jess641
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:53 am

Jess641 wrote:My Sydnee cut 2 teeth 10 days ago, they look so cute when she smiles.

congrats on the teeth! :) ... we have plenty of drool but no teeth in sight. DS1 was teething from about 4 months old and didn't cut his first tooth till he was 11 month :lol:

we're finally all feeling better! My only problem is that Peter is pretty behind with vaccinations now since he has been sick too many times the last two months and we should be off to Europe in 5 weeks or so and that doesn't give me much time to catch up. We'll just have to do the more important ones and hope he doesn't catch anything while over there!

here's some recent spam ... we took it kinda as DS1's 2-year pictures (taken 2 weeks ago) ... DH is a big photo enthusiast so he now has the living room set up as a photo studio (we were never using the room anyways other than it originally used to be my real estate brokerage office before I gave that up due to the economy)

ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby d1ehexe » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:29 pm

MK : Love the Pictures :D Glad to hear ur all feeling better now

Jess : YAY for the teeth , such great Pictures of Sydnee

Shalana : The headbands look great , how do u get everything done ? Your Kids , home stuff and hobbies , I think I need a few pointers to get my life organized again . U must be supermom

Ben is rolling from his back onto his tummy but always on the same side , normal or should I encourage him to try the other side more ?
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 pm

d1ehexe, it's fine if he's rolling just on one side ... for some reason it's easier for him that way and I'm sure he'll learn the other way too ... but you can encourage it by putting toys and sitting yourself down on the side where he doesn't roll so he has more incentive to roll that way.

I just realized this week that it really is true that our babies will reach their milestones whenever they are ready and unless there are medical reasons to worry, we can just let them be and watch them grow and learn. As you know Peter's been having reflux issues from the beginning and has been spending very little time both on his back and on his tummy ... he spends 99% of the time in an upright position. Well, he's been on his tummy only maybe 10 times total in the last 6 months yet when I put him on his tummy yesterday he had NO PROBLEMS lifting up on his arms and to top it off, he was a total show off and showed me he can roll from his tummy to his back! ... with absolutely no prior practice! ... I've been worried the last couple of months that he'll be behind simply because he's not spending enough time doing certain things be he proved me wrong! He just built his strengths in other ways! ... so yeah! We have a roller too! :)

He's not sitting up yet either but DS1 didn't start sitting unsupported until he was almost 10 months so (he was cruising before he started sitting) I am not worried about this at all. But I have a feeling that Peter even with all his issues will beat him to it and will start sitting within a month or so. He's constantly trying to pull up into a sitting position.

little "off topic" ... though I don't think there is a true OT when it comes to kids :) ... DS1 has an Early Intervention Evaluation this Friday for speech delays ... so keep us in your thoughts please! He's perfectly right where he needs to be developmentally with everything else but he just doesn't want to speak and repeat any words. He babbles his own language but only has about 12 words and he's 25 months now. He has only learned about 3 or 4 words in the last 6 months. So as much of a PITA I think therapy will be, I hope they decide to take him into the program because I feel like I've tried everything and beyond to get him to talk and he's just not interested.
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES