APRIL 2010 mommies

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Jess641 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:46 pm

d1ehexe- Wow, he's rolling over already. Sydnee hasn't done it yet. She rolls half way on to her side, but that's it so far.

MK13- Love the pictures!!! too cute! :)
I can't believe your DH took those at your home. Their really good!
So glad your all doing better! are you all moving to Europe?
Jess
Due April 22nd 2010
14w5d u/s- It's a GIRL!!! :)
Sydnee Marie
Born: April 14th 2010 at 12:31pm, 7lbs 3.8oz, 19.5in long
10 Months
Jess641
Angel
Angel

Postby MK13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Jess641 wrote:d1ehexe- Wow, he's rolling over already. Sydnee hasn't done it yet. She rolls half way on to her side, but that's it so far.

MK13- Love the pictures!!! too cute! :)
I can't believe your DH took those at your home. Their really good!
So glad your all doing better! are you all moving to Europe?

Just going to visit my family for 3 weeks ... I haven't been there in 7 years. I've only seen my mom twice when she visited over here. Haven't seen anyone else in all those years. ... will be interesting travel since it will be just me and the two little ones! I'll have my hands full for sure! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:07 pm

DH would love to be a photographer but for now he has to stick to full time trucking since he's the one bringing home the money :( ... maybe someday ...
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby d1ehexe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Mk : YAY for the rolling , hope it will help get Peter more comftable with his reflux . I think it's amazing to see how Ben is moving (or at least trying to ) , just seems like yesterday that he spend most of his time sleeping .
FX that your journey will be as smooth as possible

I got quite a journey ahead of me too , but we will be driving and not until Feb next year . Gonna be moving to Italy for 2 years and we gonna load the car up with Ben and our 3 Cats , so not looking forward to that , my Cats really don't like driving
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

i love your pics!!! so precious!

MK13 wrote:
Jess641 wrote:My Sydnee cut 2 teeth 10 days ago, they look so cute when she smiles.

congrats on the teeth! :) ... we have plenty of drool but no teeth in sight. DS1 was teething from about 4 months old and didn't cut his first tooth till he was 11 month :lol:

we're finally all feeling better! My only problem is that Peter is pretty behind with vaccinations now since he has been sick too many times the last two months and we should be off to Europe in 5 weeks or so and that doesn't give me much time to catch up. We'll just have to do the more important ones and hope he doesn't catch anything while over there!

here's some recent spam ... we took it kinda as DS1's 2-year pictures (taken 2 weeks ago) ... DH is a big photo enthusiast so he now has the living room set up as a photo studio (we were never using the room anyways other than it originally used to be my real estate brokerage office before I gave that up due to the economy)

Me- Shalana * Mommy to 5 Kiddos*
Olivia Danielle Born on April 17th 2010
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:58 pm

MK- I will be thinking of your son. My nephew was like that too and also had to go to speech therapy. He wasnt talking still at 4 very good. He is 6 now and some stuff you still cant really understand him. Im sure he will be fine everyone develops at their own pace. let us know how speech went. Im sure it will help it helped my nephew alot.

d1e- Thank you! Somedays i feel like i am supermom. hahha.. I always have stuff going on. Its crazy at our house. :D Im always baking, coooking, making headbands, designing letters " doing that right now" lol.. , or dropping kids off at school, picking up from school. 3 different schools everyday too.. its quite hectic and oh i try to squeeze house cleaning in there somewhere.. haha... Its crazy but i love it... Little ben is a doll and Olivia just started rolling too she is no where near trying to sit up.. My kids did all that stuff later on so we'll see what she does.
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 am

Hi mommies! How's it goin with everyone?? We are good here just plannin 2 birthday parties. My son Zach turns 3 on oct 12th. My daughter turns 10 on Oct 25th. Then of course the kids have been begging to go costume shopping. So we are gonna do that probably on Sat. Plus we are looking at different Suv's to buy too and we are also either gonna build a house in our nieghborhood its a newer nieghborhood and they are just building recently or we are gonna try to buy the home were in. Were waiting on the owner to let us know what the price of this house would be. Hope everyone has a nice Day.. Talk to ya soon... I talk to most of you on FB but i also check here too for the ones that dont have FB. :D

Mk- i was also wondering how your son did with his speech therapy?
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 pm

hiya girls
Just checking in to say hi. It has been quite awhile since I have posted. Things are pretty busy since school started.

I have most of you on FB and you probably read this but for those that don't....Easton had to have a EEG b/c he had been having some seizure like things happening but all seems to be good so that was great news. I have started him on cereal and has now had a few veggies and bananas....loves it all. He is in the 95% percentile for length and 75% for weight so he is growing good. He was 27 inches and 18.1 lbs at 5 months. He is very attached to me...which definitly has its pros/cons. He doesn't sleep much during the day....3 20 min cat naps usually. He will sleep about 5-7 hrs at night though.

Hope everyone and their LO's are doing as great as we are.
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Shalana, thank you for checking on us ... Nick is getting his ears checked on Monday morning and then Monday afternoon he'll have his first speech therapy session. I am curious to hear what the therapist has to say. He's also starting physical therapy on Wednesday ... but then we're flying to Europe in two weeks so we'll pick up all the therapy again when we come back.

We'll have busy two weeks before we leave ... all these therapies and appointments and little Peter has his GI problems (reflux) check up on Wednesday ... so between Nick and Petr we have two trips to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee within 3 days. We could also do it in Chicago since we're in Illinois but it's about the same distance and I'll take driving to Milwaukee any day over dragging our butts to Chicago and having to deal with all the traffic and parking issues down there!

Lovinmytwins, sorry about Easton having health issues! But he sounds like he's growing great! Peter's gotten SO BIG! He'll be 7 months in couple days and is almost 20lbs and 28" ... being born at 6lbs, he's more than tripled his birth weight already! He's got really long torso so he's been wearing size 12-18months onesies and shirts ... but short legs so pants are still 6months :lol: ... and he outgrew pretty much all his sleepers too except for very few exceptions. He's really starting to sit up now. Still can't do it unassisted but is getting there. I got him this great "nest" to sit in ... so he's learning to sit on his own but can't fall anywhere ... http://tinyurl.com/2vhmfwq ... it's a playmat that has inflatable ring in it. It's really cool. I wish I had that with DS1 as he was super stubborn and didn't start sitting unassisted until he was 9 months!

Other than that, we're doing fine. Still getting up at night quite a lot but not every hour like it used to be. These days it's more like ... feeding around 8pm, then Peter falls asleep, then feed around 11:30pm, 3:00am, 5/6am and then if I'm lucky he goes back to sleep and if I'm not so lucky he wants to party! ... but it's not so bad. He did have couple days last week when he wanted to feed constantly at night ...probably was another growth spurt.

Our only issue really is that he still won't sleep in a crib / playpen / bed ... basically only wants to sleep in the swing which he's totally outgrown by now ... he still has couple pounds to go but he's just too long but he's comfortable in it so I still let him sleep in it when he can't fall asleep otherwise ... and he's still also sleeping in the Fisher Price Rock n' Sleep but he's too big for that now too plus since he's starting to pull up into sitting position, it's no longer safe. So, I don't know what to do. I got a minicrib and put it into our bedroom, propped up the mattress so it would be raised so reflux wouldn't bother him too much but he just wants to be curled up in a semi-sitting position and won't settle in the crib. He'll play laying on his back but as soon as he gets tired and it's time to sleep, he start fussing and crying and just won't fall asleep. I tried to let him cry it out a little couple times but it still didn't work. I really hope he won't have any back / spine issues from this!

Well, it's a little past 11pm and I can hear Peter waking up for his evening feeding, so time to go!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Lovin- Sorry to hear about Easton's health issues. Im glad all is well tho. I didnt see that on FB. Hmmm there are sometimes i dont sign on for a few days so i must have missed that post. Hugs to you and the family.

Mk- Sounds you will be busy busy the next few weeks. Have a great Trip and will be looking for your update post on the boys. Peter sounds like he is doing awesome and im so glad he is sleeping better for you! Thats great. I bet your relieved to be getting some sleep now. I felt so bad when you said you had to get up every hour.. My oh my i dont know how you dealt with that. You shouldve earned a supermom medal for that. Take Care Ladies im going to nighty night.. ;-)
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi ladies just checking in.. I always go back to the April group and mourn cause you all are not there anymore. so sad... I miss all my April mommas. Im glad im friends with most of you on FB. So how is everyone doing?? I got 1 birthday party over with " my son is offically 3" :D and now my dd's is on the 25th of Oct. She is so excited to go buy all her party stuff.. haha..Well just wanted to pop in and say hi.. :)
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rule62 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 am

Hi ladies! Wow- I can't believe it's been 6 months since we were all wondering who would go next! Things have changed so much!!! I'm loving being a SAHM this time, and although the reduction in income has been tough, we are making it, reprioritizing and finding that we all enjoy each others company even without outings and new toys ;)

DS is turning 10 next month, and has become such a little man with the arrival of his sister. He loves holding her and carrying her (which looks kind of funny, since he is very petit- 4ft tall and barely 50 lbs) and is very protective and helpful.

DH celebrated 6 months smoke free, and is preparing for a Mule Deer hunt in Eastern WA this November as his reward :)

Baby Girl is fat and happy- literally! Her rolls make me giggle, she gained almost 2 lbs between her 4 month and 6 month checkups, but didn't grow an inch!! She was sleeping beauitifully for several months there- 8pm-4am, up to nurse then back to sleep until 730. It was awesome, and I was SO on top of everything! The we started solids, and it all went to hell. She has a colon that just sucks the water out of all her food, leaving her constipated. It went on for almost 10 days before the Drs and I agreed to introduce prune juice 2x a day. It worked, but now she needs juice once a day to keep things regular. We don't do cereals, as they seem to be the main culprit, so she is scarfing down tiny amounts of sweet potatoes, avacados, carrots, peas, peaches and bananas. The side effect of the constipation was waking in pain every 90 minutes and I didn't have the heart to enforce sleep training, so nursed her back down every time. It started a nice little pattern that has been hard to break. Only the past 2 nights has she begun to sleep more than 2 hours at a time again. Oh well- she's happy during the day! She's rolling over, sitting unassisted and lifting her belly off the floor- crawling isn't far away!

I hope all is well with y'all-
Jess- yay for teeth! And the pictures are great, your daughter is stunning!
MK- the pics of your kiddos are too cute! Travel safe and enjoy visiting family! For what it's worth, my sister didn't speak until she was almost 3- she used a special language that I "interpreted" for her to my mom. She's 28 now and won't shut up! She just had her own timeline, I guess.
Jessie 32, PCOS dx 2001
John 36
Tyler 11
Jory 22 months
Due 4/9/12
It's a boy! Samuel Robert Bates :)
Rule62
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MK13 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 am

Hi ladies! We're getting ready for our trip ... or more like we should be getting ready but I'm still working on our taxes and until that's done I don't want to touch anything else. Besides, our luggage is still in the mail as I had to order two new travel bags because I realized our old suitcases are now considered over sized ... it's been awhile since I last traveled by plane! :)

So, Nick's ears checked out ok. We started the speech therapy and honestly, I don't like the therapist and what's worse ... I don't think Nick likes her anymore than I do :( ... she just seems to be kinda cold towards him. She tries to be all "kid friendly" making noises and such but he just looks at her like ... what is this lady thinking? ... plus she is introducing sign language to him, which I know is the "big thing" these days ... but the thing is I don't need him to be able to communicate in "other" ways ... he's already communicating with me in his own other ways ... I need him to learn to repeat words. ... but we have made some progress on our own ... he has somewhat learned two new words in the last week which in our case is more like a miracle :)
He also started Physical therapy to take care of some old issue he had after birth ... he's preferring one side over the other a little and the therapist he has for this is AWESOME! real sweet lady and he just loves her. He had a blast jumping with her on our couch cushions that we put on the floor for him ... what kid wouldn't, right?
... now, all this therapy makes him sound like a sick child ... but he's not :) ... it's just that things add up and need to be handled on time before they get more serious

And little Peter is a super happy baby ... he got his Zantac dose increased to see if it would help him sleep longer stretches and it seems to be helping ... he now eats around midnight and then just two more times before he's up for the day. I'm good with that since I'd worry if he slept longer than that it would affect my milk supply and I'd have to start pumping at night. So, I'll rather cuddle and feed!

I was just looking at some old pictures of Nick and realized how far behind developmentally Peter is compared to Nick (except for sitting up where Peter is the clear winner ... still needs support but is doing great) ... but it's all related to the darn reflux and not spending time on either his back or tummy. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd end up being one of those babies that don't crawl but go straight to walking. But I talked about it with Nick's physical therapist that was here last week and she said he should be fine ... he should catch up real quick once his reflux gets better.

Ok, gotta run. Gotta convince Nick that nap time mean NAP TIME and not jumping in his crib for 2 hrs. :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thinkpink1207 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 am

Just wanted to stop in a show off some of Leo's 6 month pictures... How is everyone doing? How are the little ones? Anyone have some teeth???

Image[/quote]
thinkpink1207
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:11 pm

thinkpink, love the pictures! What a cutie!!!

no teeth here ... extreme drool yes but no teeth ... and not expecting any just yet. DS1 didn't get his first tooth till he was exactly 11 month old (and same with a lot of kids in our family) but he sure was drooling and what seemed like teething from about 3 months old. ... It was funny with him ... he kept getting his teeth in in batches of 4 teeth at a time!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES