APRIL 2010 mommies

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby vari8ty » Fri May 28, 2010 9:35 am

Ellouise has been sleeping pretty good, chunks of time like about 5-6 hrs a night. Except last night, her reflux was so bad yesterday and last night she screamed from 7:30pm until about almost 10pm and then fell alsleep hungry and so woke up all night trying to nurse a little here and there.
Poor baby. Her medicine works great but a few days the reflux is super bad.
But on the whole she sleeps very well.
I just got her to take her naps on her own and not on my chest, so that has been great for the last two days!!! Progress!
Ttc #5 in 2011
me-40 dh-49
ds-19,dd-16; dd-12, dd- 1 yr.

breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, full time cloth diapering, stay at home mom!

vari8ty
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MK13 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:38 pm

just checking in real quick. Little Peter's been fighting his silent reflux since birth, so no changes there, though Zantac does give him some relief. On top of that he's probably allergic to dairy but more likely allergic to corn / corn syrup :( ... which is in just about every formula out there, even the super hypoallergenic ones! I'm still trying to stick to BF even though I have to supplement. I figured better BF 50% of the time than not at all.

And my toddler's been fighting yet another double ear infection (second in the last 4 weeks), so he's been pretty needy.

All in all, it's all about lack of sleep while feeding and taking care of the babes. DH went back to work two weeks ago so he's back to his crazy long haul driver schedules of being home only about a day or day and half a week.

... so, yep, that's our little update!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby vari8ty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 pm

MK- sorry about the ear infections.
My baby has reflux too and is on zantac 2x a day...it definately helps her.
One good thing is she usually does sleep pretty good.

I hope the ear infection goes away soon
Ttc #5 in 2011
me-40 dh-49

breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, full time cloth diapering, stay at home mom!

vari8ty
Star Member
Star Member

Postby d1ehexe » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 am

I really have to check in more often here and see who everybody is doing :D

Ben is sleeping ok , I guess , but getting him to sleep is a nightmare . It starts of with a feed at in the evening (anytime between 4 - 6 pm ) try to put him down after that so I can eat too . But he doesn't want to , no nappy changing or cuddling will get him to calm down . Sometimes he falls asleep on me but when I try and put him to bed , wide awake .

So I feed him again and then the fight to get him to sleep starts , he will cry for ages till one of us picks him up and holds him . That will last till about 9 - 9.30 pm and then just before I go to bed he will fall asleep .

And I think it's because of DH , during the day when I'm alone , I let him cry for a bit when he doesn't want to sleep . I keep going in calming him down , giving his Dummy back and eventually he will fall asleep . DH can't , he picks him up and cuddles him and makes funny faces , at which point Ben is awake again .

And come Monday DH is back at work and I can start all over again trying to get Ben to sleep in his Bed .

Sorry but just had to have a rant and get this of my chest
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Grooviechick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:01 am

I know what you mean about DHs and the kids. My DH has stayed with Zane three times now. He said he cries the whole time and is spoiled! Zane never cries with me unless something is wrong. I redirect him, even at this age, when he starts to fuss. He's not spoiled- you can't spoil a baby this age!! Finally, yesterday, DH admitted, "Oh yeah, I forgot he needs to eat every 2 hours." Um... :roll: That could be why he's fussy. :roll:
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

I suppose I better start posting here b/c our board will be gone soon. :cry:

Easton is dealing with horribl reflux and therefore no sleep is happening around here and I am exhausted. My brain is not firing on all cylinders.
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:44 am

Lovinmytwins wrote:I suppose I better start posting here b/c our board will be gone soon. :cry:

Easton is dealing with horribl reflux and therefore no sleep is happening around here and I am exhausted. My brain is not firing on all cylinders.

I'm with you on the reflux / non-sleep issue! Plus, since Peter has to be constantly in a lift up position at an angle either in his swing or other thingies, I'm worried that by the time we're done with the whole reflux issue he'll need physical therapy ... I can already tell he's angling his neck kind of funny to one side. I went through phys therapy with my older baby due to tortocolis and certainly do NOT want to go through phys therapy with this little guy but what else can I do since he can't lay down flat at all? ... sorry, just needed to vent :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby vari8ty » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Ellouise has reflux but her medicine helps.
I am sorry so manyh of our babies have reflux.
I wonder why so many have it?
Ttc #5 in 2011
me-40 dh-49

vari8ty
Star Member
Star Member

Postby *Jessica* » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

someone just told me that they are calling colic...reflux. I always thought colic was just a baby that cries alot. I have no idea...all I know is I have a baby who cries alot but I hear him puking up and swallowing it down.

MK-had you tried a chiro? I take E there and it does help. My dd had torticolis...chiro treated her for that too.
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 pm

When it comes up but doesn't come all the way out, it's most likely Silent Reflux, which is what my little guy has. Before there was "Reflux", all they could call it was colic. Now there's a medical term reflux which covers a lot of babies who have so called colic. That's what I've gathered from reading about it. My little guy is on Zantac and special formula (Neocate) but the formula seems to make things even worse (we got it prescribed by a GI doctor and Children's Hospital in Milwaukee two weeks ago) so they might be switching him from Zantac to something else to help with the discomfort the Neocate is causing. He's on Neocate because of suspected food allergies (dairy and possibly corn).

Peter's neck will hopefully self-correct as soon as he'll be able to spend more time simply laying flat on his back but for that we need his reflux more under control. I've started doing the same exercises with him that I used to do with Nick for his torticolis. It's not too bad yet but I need to keep a close eye on it since he spends so much time in the swing in the same position.

This baby is going to be such a little goofball! When he's not in pain, he's all smiles. He even started laughing at the bottle when he hears the sound of me mixing his formula! Until today, all his baths would always be just screaming his lungs out ... well today, he decided to like it and giggled through the whole bathtime! Go figure! :lol: He's been reacting to everything a lot sooner than his bigger brother! Pretty soon we'll be teaching these little munchkins to walk and talk!
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Olivia has colic and my son had a tad of it.. They dont have reflux though. There is no puking happeneing here just crying, gas and upset tummy. Thats what colic is is upset tummy and gas issues. Olivia when first born would scream most of the day and night. I only got a few hours in between where she would sleep and so would I. UGH what a nightmare. she is getting better now. she has her bouts of crying still but they are few and far between now.. Her sleeping still hasnt gotten any better. she is still waking every 2-3 hours during the day to eat and every 3 hours at night.. Im exhausted too... I wish she was like my 1st DD. She was sttn at 6 weeks old.. Gosh i didnt know how lucky i was really.. Sorry to read everyone has babies that are sufferering from reflux., thats no good. hope it mends itself soon.
Me- Shalana * Mommy to 5 Kiddos*
Olivia Danielle Born on April 17th 2010
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Olivia has colic and my son had a tad of it.. They dont have reflux though. There is no puking happeneing here just crying, gas and upset tummy. Thats what colic is is upset tummy and gas issues. Olivia when first born would scream most of the day and night. I only got a few hours in between where she would sleep and so would I. UGH what a nightmare. she is getting better now. she has her bouts of crying still but they are few and far between now.. Her sleeping still hasnt gotten any better. she is still waking every 2-3 hours during the day to eat and every 3 hours at night.. Im exhausted too... I wish she was like my 1st DD. She was sttn at 6 weeks old.. Gosh i didnt know how lucky i was really.. Sorry to read everyone has babies that are sufferering from reflux., thats no good. hope it mends itself soon.
9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyto5 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm

9lbs 20 3/4 inches
ImageImage
Mommyto5
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby d1ehexe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am

How did u all find out it was reflux ? I don't think Ben's got it but would like to know what to look out for .

I had the weekend from hell , Baby Boy didn't want to sleep or even just settle down , I had to hold him all the time and feed him . I'm trying to pump too but not getting much , so I thought Ben might not get enough from my Boobs. Spoke to my Health Visitor about him being so hungry and she said I could give him some Formular if I wanted to in edition to BF .
Well that didn't go down to good , loads of upset tummy and gas (hence the weekend from hell) , maybe the formular didn't agree with him .
Yesterday I only BF and he was much better sleeped again and was much happier and so was his Mama :wink:

Had his 6 week check up today and he is 10.3 lbs , last week he was 9.9 lbs , that's a weight gain from 7 ounces in 5 days . Which makes me wonder even more if I should give him a bottle every now and again when he is just constantly feeding . Uuuhg the worring never stops LOL

Hope your Babies feel better soon and the reflux will settle again .
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shellbelle4 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Meike - I know it is confusing, but when your little guy is constantly at the boob, it is usually a growth spurt. Your supply will increase in a couple of days due to his demand. Then, when his appetite wanes, your supply will too a couple/few days later. It is all about trusting your body. If you want to know how much he is eating, try weighing him before and after a feeding (you need a scale that measures to the tenths). You'll be surprised how much he's actually getting. Formula can upset the supply/demand breastfeeding balance and cause your supply to dip even lower. Check out the breastfeeding forum for ways to increase your supply - I think they have a sticky about it.
me 32, DH 38

DD born March 25, 2008, 8:35am, 7lb 14oz, 22 and 1/2 in
DD#2 born March 26, 2010, 4:49am, 7lb 3oz, 21in

Shellbelle4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES