APRIL 2010 mommies

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby d1ehexe » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 am

Thanks , I will check that out :D
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Ihad my post baby checkup today. I actually got clearance to do regular activities including sex but yet I am due for a pap and he won't insert the spec...he said he is afraid I am going kick him. LOL! I probably won't be letting anything near this vajayjay for quite awhile. I don't know if he is just tired of telling me to quit doing so much or not. I don't plan on doing cartwheels or anything anytime soon but at least I know I can carry the carseat or do some laundry without feeling guilty. He did say however that I am going to need surgery again in a few months to repair what is open. He said it is as healed as its going to get for now. So I get to go through the last 6 weeks all over again in a few months...I can hardly wait...I am overjoyed with excitement. Can you feel my enthusiasm? It is going to suck so bad...probbaly try to do it b4 baby is mobile.
Boyd and Jessica
Angel Babies-2004, 2008, and 2011

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
We have a BABY and a hb of 125 and measuring 1 day ahead:)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Meike-Easton's reflux is like this...sometimes he is just very pukey and most the time you can hear it come up and go back down and he cries. Sometimes he can't even eat. He sucks a few times and then cries...sucks a few times and cries....its sad to watch. I started him on prevacid and mylanta and he seems to be doing better.
Boyd and Jessica

Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Grooviechick » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:22 am

Lovin, I feel your pain. Maybe I feel more pain than you do at this point. I am on antibiotics for an infecting right next to my 4th degree tear. Dr says it's not related to that but I think that's BS. I've been dealing with pain and tenderness there since the birth. I'm pretty sure it's an abscess. I've never rocked my son and enjoyed it- it hurts to rock. If the antibiotics don't work, I will be having surgery too, but soon. :cry: I don't want to go thru all of that, but I'm so tired of hurting. I just want to enjoy my baby!!! Zane is doing well though! He sleeps good at night, wakes twice to eat and is up for good after 5:30 am or so. He stays in bed with me bopping me in the head and making little noises while I cat nap. The Zantac seems to work on his reflux. He's a doll that looks alot like my husband. :hb:
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 pm

oh no! THat sux. I hope its not an abscess (sp?) I am sorry you are dealing with so much pain. I wish so bad that I could just have one day with no pain....been a long time. I just got off antibiotics and now have a yeast infection from the antibiotics...it just never ends. Hopefully you won't get one from the antibiotics. I am really sore today...probably overdid it. Have you tried taking sitz baths with baking soda? Is your abscess open?
Boyd and Jessica

Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Sorry you girls are having all these problems! It's enough that we have babies that have problems!

Our little guy is already 3 months old! I wonder if he'll ever be able to sleep on his back just flat in his crib? Feels like it will never happen. Those of you whose babies have reflux, where are they sleeping? Peter's always in the swing or on my chest. He can spend a little bit of time every day on his back and enjoys it just playing ... needs to be long after feeding but before he gets hungry but that's the only time he can lay like that. Otherwise he's got milk and what not coming out of his mouth and is almost choking all the time. So even if he'd want to sleep like that, I'd be too scared to leave him that way. but I can't imagine sleeping in the swing all the time being healthy for him in any way! But I guess it's the lesser of two evils.

Here's our latest pic ...

BTW ... who's using cloth diapers out of our April mommas? I started in February part time with my toddler because sposies were flaring up his eczema on his lower back ... and was planning to do it part time with Peter as well but ended up CD-ing pretty much full time because Peter is very sensitive to most disposable diapers. He can handle one overnight but during the day it's all CDs as otherwise he has a terrible burn-like diaper rash.

... so for us it's Silent Reflux, Food allergies, Diaper allergies ... I really hope THAT'S IT!!! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Jessica* » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 am

MK-Cute pic! He is getting so big! Easton sleeps in his bed on a raised mattress. Yesterday he had milk come out his nose...I felt so bad for him. They say most babies outgrow reflux by 6 months...you are 1/2 way there! My dr said reflux babies do well sleeping on their tummy's...I know its a big no-no but might be worth a shot. Easton had been sleeping with me some but I am sick of doing bedding from him puking up. No cloth diapers here...Easton seriously had the worst diaper rash that I had ever seen and I did everything the dr told me...change frequently, use washcloths with water (no wipes), air dry, mixed mylanta and desitin plus I switched diaper brands (dr said that wouldn't make a difference but I did it anyways) BUT I happened to try GOld Bond medicated baby powder and BAM...diaper rash all gone. IT is my new favorite baby product.
Boyd and Jessica

Beta #1 733.5 (18dpo)
Beta #2 2345 (20 dpo)
Beta #3 23,102 (28 dpo)
It's a BOY!
*Jessica*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Grooviechick » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:02 pm

I put Zane on his tummy in bed with me, with his head on a burp cloth, each morning about 4am. :oops: He does sleep better on his tummy!!! Something about the acid not burning as much in that position...
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby vari8ty » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:10 am

MK13 wrote:
BTW ... who's using cloth diapers out of our April mommas? I started in February part time with my toddler because sposies were flaring up his eczema on his lower back ... and was planning to do it part time with Peter as well but ended up CD-ing pretty much full time because Peter is very sensitive to most disposable diapers. He can handle one overnight but during the day it's all CDs as otherwise he has a terrible burn-like diaper rash.

... so for us it's Silent Reflux, Food allergies, Diaper allergies ... I really hope THAT'S IT!!! :lol:

I cloth diaper and LOVE it. Ellouise gets rashes in sposies too,( I used some when she was born) But in cloth full time since 2 weeks old.

Sorry I have been absent...I got very sick...fever, chills...I dont know what it was.....and then the baby got it and we are just finally getting well.
I will be around more now, and since our due date club will be coming to an end in a couple of weeks or so, I will really be here more now.

I found out Ellouise had reflux cause she was puking all day long and so the doctor put her on Zantac, which has helped tremendously.
I have her sleeping on her back at night next to me and during the day she is mostly in my arms. I dont have a swing. I think I need to get one though.
She used to choke when she puked but I notice now she can work through it and swallow or push the milk out with her tongue, but I still watch her.
She has spent so much time in pain, that I notice she is not as smiley as my other babies and I feel so sad for her. Poor baby
Ttc #5 in 2011
me-40 dh-49
ds-19,dd-16; dd-12, dd- 1 yr.

breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, full time cloth diapering, stay at home mom!

vari8ty
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Grooviechick » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 am

So I have pregnancy induced kidney stones. I had one with my daughter who is now 3. I was 7 months pregnant with her, went to L&D. They checked me out without doing a CT or anything like that, determined the baby was "on my nerve" and sent me home. I agonized for 3 days then the pain magically went away. I never passed a stone though.
When she was 8 weeks old, I was awakened by the same pain. This time she wasn't on my nerve. She was in her crib!! Off to the ER, ended up having 2 stones removed thru surgery. Haven't had any problems after that.

Til I was 5 months preggo this time. It wasn't bad and I asked my OB if it was possible to have kidney stones only when pregnant. He said yes. Great. It didn't bother me much til about 3 weeks ago. I knew it was a stone and waited to see if it would pass. Sunday of this week, I woke up hurting again. I was just about ready to go to the ER when the pain stopped. We continued on with our Fathers Day plans.
Monday afternoon it was back yet again. I waited assuming it would move again. This time it didn't. By midnight I was vomiting and in alot of pain. I finally woke up DH and we got the kids ready and went to the ER. I ended up having surgery again to remove this one. I have a stent left in til Monday and it's horrid! Since I don't plan on having any more kids, hopefully I wont have any more stones either!!

I was so worried thru this all that I wouldnt be able to BF Zane. But I spoke up, asked where I could go to nurse him in the waiting room, nursed him just before any tests and surgery and it worked!! I am proud! I didnt even use a cover. :mrgreen:
Grooviechick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shellbelle4 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Good for you for nursing Zane through all of that! Total dedication!!!

I'm so sorry you went through that pain - what a nightmare. Hopefully that is the last of the stones you'll ever have to be bothered with. I have a girlfriend that suffered a grand mal seizure for each of her pregnancies - never before, never after. Pregnancy is SO weird.

And sorry Vari8ty for the illness you guys had. So many people have been sick this spring. Major stomach bugs going around - so not fun. DD1 had another bug last week that caused a fever and diarrhea. She's still not totally regular but her appetite is back. Screws with my potty training agenda, though. :mad:
me 32, DH 38

DD born March 25, 2008, 8:35am, 7lb 14oz, 22 and 1/2 in
DD#2 born March 26, 2010, 4:49am, 7lb 3oz, 21in

Shellbelle4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am

We need to get this thread rocking ... since the April board will soon belong to new mommas to be :)

Going to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee again tomorrow to get Peter's digesting issues checked out again. I'm getting to the point when I think it's just a waste of time. I guess we just have to survive till he outgrows his problems and get used to him having food allergies just like his bigger brother. I'm just hoping if he has allergies, they at least be the SAME for both kids! :lol:
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby d1ehexe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:53 am

MK : hope they can figure something out at the appiontment , what allergies do they think he has ?

Well my breatsfeeding days are over :( , for the last few weeks Ben screamed his head off after feeds and I suspected that he didn't gain enough weight . Yesterday I went to have him weight and he is in the low weight gain curve , nothing serious yet but my Health Vistitor said that my milk doesn't fill him up enough ( that would explain the screaming and the long feeds ) .
That and my milk supply went down a hell of a lot the last week , made me switch to formula and Ben is a diffrent child , no more screaming and he is actually having naps again :D

I just can't believe that our Board will be gone soon , the time just flew by so quickly .
Me:33 , DH:34 DS Ben ~ 05/02/10 DD Abbie ~ 10/11/11

Image Image
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
http://meike-myttcjourney.blogspot.com/
d1ehexe
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shellbelle4 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 am

Good for you for hanging in there, Meike. You gave him the best start.

MK - sorry to hear about the possible allergies. What a pain! I hope they figure it out.

Have you girls followed the drama in the OT board? I can't believe it got so bad that the OT board has now disappeared!
me 32, DH 38

DD born March 25, 2008, 8:35am, 7lb 14oz, 22 and 1/2 in
DD#2 born March 26, 2010, 4:49am, 7lb 3oz, 21in

Shellbelle4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Shellbelle4 wrote:Good for you for hanging in there, Meike. You gave him the best start.

MK - sorry to hear about the possible allergies. What a pain! I hope they figure it out.

Have you girls followed the drama in the OT board? I can't believe it got so bad that the OT board has now disappeared!

what was the drama about? I used to go to OT board but then there was always some sort of drama going on, so I no longer bother. It was always either circumcising / or not, breastfeeding / or not ... etc. Always the same fights. Not worth my time :)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES