Christian mommy group

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Christian mommy group

Postby dee12h » Tue May 18, 2010 8:34 am

Hi everyone! Are you a Christian mommy? Come join us! Introduce yourself.

how many kids?
what church/denomination?
sahm or working?
what's your biggest struggle as a Christian mom?

List of members:
Dee12h- Dee, 1 kid, TX
Maybaby- Jessika, 1 kid, OR
BeccaM- Rebecca, 1 baby boy, OK
Wyntersmama- “Wyn”, 2 kids
Tinyfairypeople- Sarah, 3 kids, WA
MrsLewis907- Ashli, twins & 1 on the way :), ID
MommaSprite- “Sprite”, 3 kids, FL
Shellebelle4- 2 kids
Kimber- 4 kids, OK
Blessed03- Lori, 2 kids
Katiejo- Katie, 3 kids, OK
MightyMarj- Marj, 2 kids
Gray123- Gray, 2 kids
Carebear7951- Cara, 4 kids, TX
Orionslight- Jaimie, 9 kids & 1 on the way :), MI
cassb- Cassandra, 4 kids, TX
stefanielynn- 1 kid & 1 on the way :)
MegsKnockedUp- 1 baby girl, MO
MPwife- 2 children, MO
mjg1127- Jenna, 3 kids, 1 on the way :)
Cuppycake- Shelly, 1 daughter, CA
saaapabon- 2 kids & 1 on the way :)
Last edited by dee12h on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 14 times in total.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Christian mommy group

Postby MayBaby » Tue May 18, 2010 9:31 am

Jessika, in Eugene Oregon. Married for almost 3 years.
how many kids? Reilly is my first. I do have 18 and 20 year old stepdaughters that have lived with us full time from when we married until they left for college (for the 18 yr old that would be this coming August).

what church/denomination? We are pretty much a Calvary church, but non denominational would be a better definition.

sahm or working? Working, 4 days a week. I hate it, and would give anything to be a sahm. But until the lumber industry turns around for DH, we need my paycheck too much.

what's your biggest struggle as a Christian mom? Hmmm... DH is a new believer. So his first two kids were not raised in a Christian household with parents who worked together. I guess it is getting us on the same page when it comes to parenting ideas. Not that they are that different, I just have to keep reminding him that his responsibility goes beyond what he thought in the past, and that he is also responsible for being a spiritual role model to ALL his children.
Me, Jessika age 33
DH, Kevin age 41
Reilly Rose was born 5/12/09 7lbs 10oz

Image Image
MayBaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 am

I'm Rebecca, living in Oklahoma, married for 1 1/2 years. Pregnant with my first (yay!). We belong to a non denominational, Spirit filled church. I am a stay at home housewife now, and will continue to stay at home as our family grows. I haven't had too many struggles as a mom yet, being only 14 weeks pregnant :). But there are always challenges in big life changes, so we are facing the change of having a third little person as part of our family, and seeking the Lord as to how He would have us prepare for our baby.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wyntersmama » Tue May 18, 2010 10:33 am

Hi, I'm just going by "Wyn" on here. Long story, but I can't say my real name. I need some privacy in my life, and this is where I find it. I hope you all understand. I also can't post often, and most times am afraid to, so maybe I'll be able to be more open here on this forum.

I go by "wyntersmama" because I have 2 kids born in the winter, and I lost 2 babies in the winter. So that's how I feel about myself, rather than it being any kind of a name.

My dh and I do things a little different than most--we homeschool, homebirth and I feel my biblical role is to be the keeper at home but i do manage his small business (from home). We go to a house church that is of no denomination,run our own small farm where we try to eat organic and whole foods and only humane raised animals.

Thanks for starting this!
wyntersmama

Postby Psalm139 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:39 am

I'm Sarah. I live in southwest Washington. I grew up in Oregon (Not too far from Eugene btw :) )
I have 3 kids, Megan who is 9, Jaikob who is 5 and Kaleb who is 3.
I am a non denominational Christian and go to an AMAZING church which I absolutely love. I have grown more in my walk going there than I have the entire time I've been a Christian.
I currently am a "stay at home mom". I have an illness called Depersonalization Disorder and it prevents me from working.
My biggest struggle as a Christian mom. I think maybe just the worry of how I am going to foster the love of God in my children's hearts and keep them from going with the ways of the world as teens. I think I have a good testimony (I was an athiest who got pregnant at 16) and I just hope and pray that they will take my experience to heart, when they are old enough to share it with them, and that they will chose to protect their hearts and love God.
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers."
~Edgar Watson Howe
Formerly Tinyfairypeople
Psalm139
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsLewis907 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm Ashli, I'm 26, and have been married for a little over 2 1/2 years. My husband is in the USAF and we are stationed at our first base in ID...I'm originally from IL, and he's from MD, we met online in a chatroom my freshman year of college (2002).

We have almost 2 year old twins, Hannah and Evann, and I am currently 12 weeks with Baby #3 (yes, just one, thank goodness!).

We are presbyterian, but here we go to a Calvary Chapel which is non-denominational and very relaxed/open (no membership and such)...it's the closest thing we have found that works for both of us and our personal spiritual needs.

I am a SAHM, which I love but also sometimes hate all at once.

My biggest struggles are fearing I won't do a good job bringing our kids up knowing God...it's a struggle for myself to spend the time I need, and we don't spend the time with them doing it either. There is a lot of things I wish we did, along these lines and others, and it's just going to take some time to get it all implemented. Also, I'm debating on homeschooling the kids...but am not sure I can handle the stress of them continuing to be home all the time without the time away that school would bring (if they do go to school, though, it'll be private school hopefully).
Ashli 32, DH Patrick 33
Twins - DD1 Hannah & DS1 Evann - 7, DD2 Lily - 5, DD3 Abigail - 5
BFP - Mar 20, 2015 / Miscarried - March 26, 2015
Baby #5 - Shelby Nicole, born April 13, 2016, 6lb5oz, 19in
MrsLewis907
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Cool. Thanks for posting.

I only have one son now, but hoping for a few more. :)

We consider ourselves non-denominational but currently are in a baptist church. :)

I love being a sahm.

My biggest struggle now is probably my "mini" temper & cursing (which I NEVER used to do. lol.) I don't want DS picking it up and his first words are coming soon. :oops:

I am also considering homeschooling. I was hs all but 4 yrs and think I benefited SO much from it. DH was public schooled, so we're still "discussing". lol. I really just think that school (even private) is not geared toward little boys (2nd grade & under). JMO. What does your DH think of it, Ashli?

MommaSPRITE wrote: My relationship with God is very special and personal to me and I don't like when ppl try to shove my beliefs into a nice tidy box. Life is complicated.

SO true. :)
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsLewis907 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:15 pm

dee12h wrote:I really just think that school (even private) is not geared toward little boys (2nd grade & under). JMO. What does your DH think of it, Ashli?

Why do you think this? And why just boys? I've never heard such a thing, and am just curious. My husband agrees, homeschooling or private...we'd rather not send them to public unless we just can't afford private school. I think he's pretty much leaving the decision up to me, at this point, since I'm the one that has to stay home and do the schooling. I'd love to...but I'm just not sure I can handle it. :oops:

My kids drive me nuts some days...but I keep telling myself that it will be better when they are older. But then we'll probably have other younger ones by then, and I fear of what to do with them while I HS the older ones! I've never known anyone to homeschool before, though...I have no experience at all, but for what I've researched...and have talked a little bit over facebook with a friend who homeschools her kids right now.
Ashli 32, DH Patrick 33
MrsLewis907
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Wed May 19, 2010 7:22 am

MrsLewis907 wrote:
dee12h wrote:I really just think that school (even private) is not geared toward little boys (2nd grade & under). JMO. What does your DH think of it, Ashli?

Why do you think this? And why just boys? I've never heard such a thing, and am just curious. My husband agrees, homeschooling or private...we'd rather not send them to public unless we just can't afford private school. I think he's pretty much leaving the decision up to me, at this point, since I'm the one that has to stay home and do the schooling. I'd love to...but I'm just not sure I can handle it. :oops:

My kids drive me nuts some days...but I keep telling myself that it will be better when they are older. But then we'll probably have other younger ones by then, and I fear of what to do with them while I HS the older ones! I've never known anyone to homeschool before, though...I have no experience at all, but for what I've researched...and have talked a little bit over facebook with a friend who homeschools her kids right now.

I was homeschooled, as well as DH and his siblings. I am all for it, and we fully intend to do it with our children. Not to say it isn't hard sometimes, and it takes lots of commitment, but we feel personally that it is SO worth it!!

P.S. I agree to with Dee, to some extent. Lots of younger boys have trouble fitting into the traditional education system as it is, just because of the way they are created--as active, hands on, busy little people! Homeschooling is helpful because you can kind of personalize to your child's learning style a bit, and help them to really love learning.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsLewis907 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 am

ITA on the demanding aspect of public school...so much anymore it seems teachers do not have choices in how they teach, and must get so much accomplished and according to set standards. It's really sad. I really do want my kids homeschooled, I'm just debating on if I can do it (but I'm thinking, I can at least try it out, you know?).

I've look into christian curriculums (I don't know what to do myself or how I'd do it yet, without some direction...I need that, for at first anyways), and am looking into one called Heart of Dakota. DH wants to do Abeka, that's what he was taught with in Private school, and I'm not against it at all, but think it needs to wait a few years at least...I hear it's a lot of sitting bookwork, and I think the HOD would be better for the younger years.
Ashli 32, DH Patrick 33
MrsLewis907
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shellbelle4 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:12 pm

how many kids? 2yo daughter and 7wk old daughter

what church/denomination? Non-denominational

sahm or working? SAHM with part time WAH job

what's your biggest struggle as a Christian mom? Establishing a Bible-centered routine and incorporating Scriptural lessons into every day life. My greatest desire is for my children to choose Salvation at a very young age and hopefully finding it natural and fulfilling to follow the Lord.
me 32, DH 38

DD born March 25, 2008, 8:35am, 7lb 14oz, 22 and 1/2 in
DD#2 born March 26, 2010, 4:49am, 7lb 3oz, 21in

Shellbelle4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES