Christian mommy group

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby katiejo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Dee, i've never heard of that program either. I may have to check into it. :)

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. We are currently at a family reunion with the Duggar family & having a great time! Josie is the same size as my Gabe - it's hard to believe that she's 8 months old because she's so tiny!
Anyway, i hope that everyone is having a great weekend! :D
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:03 pm

the Duggars? I'm jealous. :) Are you related?

OK, Question of the Week for everyone:

How do you make your "quiet time" or devotional time more meaningful? Like when, where, what do you do? Do you change it up a lot or just read the Bible & pray every time? How do you stay focused? (ok, maybe more like questions. :) )
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am

Yes, Katie. The Duggars? How do you know them? :)

For the question: I'm still working on it. I'm new to all of this, and find that I don't spend as much time in devotion as I need to. :oops: Sometimes I'm good and spend time everyday, and sometimes I go weeks without. I find when things get off track, that's when I realize I need to get back into my Bible and take my praying more seriously.

Another weakness I've discovered in myself is telling people I will pray for them with the complete intention of doing so...and then I don't do it. Since I find out about prayer needs over the phone or the internet most often, I pray as soon as I say I will (or as soon as I hang up the phone). It might not be the most organized way to do it, but at least then I know I'm getting that needed prayer said.

Finding "quiet" time to do it all is hard. We read with our son, and that helps. The hubby and I try to read together at night before bed, but that doesn't always happen either. We need to make it more of a priority, I think.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:14 am

Yes, i'm related. A family tree has been done that goes all the way back to the Revolutionary War & my boys are 124th generation Duggar. :D My MIL is JimBob's cousin, so i married in, lol. We spent last saturday night at their house. The film crews were there, too. The reunion episode is supposed to air on Oct. 19. Josie is doing great! Michelle wasn't letting anyone hold her, but we got to go see her (she had her away from everyone). So sweet! :D

As for your question, Dee...i'm a lot like Stefanielynn. I am having a hard time finding time for devotional time now that i am outnumbered. I'm in the process of working on a daily schedule, so hopefully that will help. I'm not a morning person but i think that in order to fit some quiet time in that i'm going to have to become one.
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:56 am

Hi girls! I just wanted to stop in...I don't want to see our little group die!

I don't really have any questions this week, but wanted to pop this back up to the top and see if we can get it active again. :)
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kimber » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 am

8O Wow! Haven't been here in awhile and it's booming!

I started facilitating the Beth Moore Esther Study at our church on Saturday's. Love Beth Moore! Anyone else done any of her studies?
Mom to 4 and Wife to Chad Edward
DS1: 11
DD: 10
DS2: 4
DS3: 2
Kimber
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Kimber - the Esther study is great! We did it last year. Have you seen the movie "One Night With The King"? It's based on the book of Esther. I love the Beth Moore studies. My very first one was the "Daniel" study. Man, that was a tough one! Really good though. :)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kimber » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Ok, Katie I just read your location! Small world! I am in Blanchard, Oklahoma! Weird! :lol:

Loving Esther and I love Beth Moore. I started reading her book....getting out of the pit! Have you seen her new book out?
Kimber
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:17 am

I know exactly where Blanchard is - i lived in Norman for a year after i got married. Love love love Norman! I miss living there, actually. We could hear the football games from our apartment, lol!
I have Beth Moore's new book, but i haven't started it yet. We're currently doing the Angela Thomas study called "When Wallflowers Dance." It's really good so far.
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kimber » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:41 am

Oh, I have wanted to do that one.

Would anyone be interested in doing one with this group? We can post questions on a daily basis. To keep us accountable?
Kimber
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

My toddler acts like she hates me

Postby Cuppycake » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm

My name is Shelly in California. I have a 19 month old daughter. We go to Calvary Chapel. Her daddy is gone 3 to 4 weeks at a time with his work and is home usually for a weekend only before going off again. He is home for 3 weeks right now (4 days so far). Well, this time my little girl doesn't want anything to do with me. She actually pushes me away and refuses to come to me. She has even hit me a couple times. She is completely loving to her daddy and wants to spend every second with him. Because he sees her so rarely he is all fun and games. Her schedule gets all out of wack when he's here and everything. She has never acted this way towards me before. I am so very hurt. Has anyone else dealt with this? Did it pass quickly?
Cuppycake

Postby MightyMarj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi, Cuppycake, welcome to the group! My DS went through a phase like that when my DH was traveling a lot. It's just that your DH is a novelty since she doesn't get to see him as much. Try not to take it personally, although I know it's hard.
My DS, the same little boy who used to push me away, looked over at me during dinner last night and said, "Mommy, I love you." Pretty much the most awesome feeling ever! So it doesn't mean she doesn't love you, just that she's probably bored with you. KWIM?
Last edited by MightyMarj on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby steph_is_blessed » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I didn't even know this group was hiding back here for the longest time! So I will come out of the shadows because I need more friendships and topics that are uplifting and pleasing to God. Church today was a good boot to the butt lol the service was amazing but, it challenged us very intensely and has caused me to re-examine my life and my walk with God, a question we were asked today remains in my head even now, what sets me apart from the world? do I blend in or do I stand out as God has called me to, I know big questions!!! I came home and slept for hours. I am eager to work on this in my life and be able to offer up all that I do to God as a living sacrafice... I hope that I can build friendships here that are encouraging! I have only one goal, to be encouraging and loving to others (as of today) which means i gotta lot of work ahead of me :)

First Kick 10/4/12 <3
steph_is_blessed
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi, Saaap! Sounds like the holy spirit really spoke to your heart this morning. I love it when that happens. I really wanted to go to church this morning, but DH said it was too soon for my foot, so he & the kids went without me. :-(
I did start reading an awesome book about heaven though. It's called Heaven (aptly enough), and it's by Randy Alcorn. It gives you a detailed description of what heaven will be like based on scripture. I'm loving it so far. The women in our small group are going to read it together.
I know what you mean about setting yourself apart from this world. It's a constant battle to not get sucked into a worldly lifestyle, to be in the world but not of it. My most important new year's goal is to establish a more consistent prayer life because I know that's the only way God can change me.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby steph_is_blessed » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 pm

How is your foot today Marj?

First Kick 10/4/12 <3
steph_is_blessed
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES