Christian mommy group

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby MightyMarj » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 pm

It's doing better, thanks for asking! The dr yesterday said it's healing well, but he still wants me to try and stay off of it as much as possible for the next 5 days since the incision was pretty long. I can walk on it in a boot for short periods, but woah nelly does that hurt! So I mostly use my crutches. I'm almost out of pain meds, and then I'll just be on tylenol, which should be fine. My mom is taking care of me & the kids the next couple days while DH is out of town on business. My dad is coming tonight, and he'll drive all of us to their house. I don't know what I'd do without my parents. They are such a blessing! Friday I have an appointment to do some physical therapy to make sure my foot doesn't get too stiff from the scar tissue.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 pm

I keep forgetting to check over here - we got really quiet for a while! Hope everyone had a great Christmas & welcome to the new members! :hi:
Marj, i think that book is the same one my MIL has been reading. Is it really thick? My FIL died suddenly 2 years ago this May & books about heaven have really helped her get through. We have a GriefShare group at church (she has been through it twice & now DH is facilitating it with MIL helping) & there was something said in one of the videos that really bothered her, so someone recommended that book to her.
We did a Bible study this fall called "Interrupted" by Jen Hatmaker. Very eye-opening & i would recommend it to anyone! We are getting ready to start Beth Moore's newly revised study of David. I'm looking forward to it! Kimber, Blanchard's not that far & our pastor says that if you live within 300 miles you're close enough to come, lol! :wink:
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby steph_is_blessed » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 pm

hey ladies! hope everyone is doing good this evening! say a prayer for me please as I would LOVE to get approved for a 21 day daniel fast by my doctor. I can modify it if need be, it's the heart going into it that matters. Has anyone seen the news recently regarding all the dead animals, birds, fish, bats etc, what are your views on this? I do not fear it because I know certain things must come to pass and i am never alone but, do you think this is a divine God thing? or a atmosphere/world thing? just wondering your take on it! have a blessed night!

First Kick 10/4/12 <3
steph_is_blessed
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Ya know, I honestly don't know what to think about the dead animals. So strange. I don't recall anything in scripture about that being a sign of end times though. Do any of you? I think it's probably related to pollution or some sort of environmental disruption, but it's so strange that it's happening in different areas of the world. Saap, I'll pray for you. Is it the Beth Moore Daniel study? That's one of my favorite studies!

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow, I'm so happy this thread came back! Reading to catch up....
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Praying for your fast- saapabon. I am getting ready to go on a diet as well- kind of a cleanse. It's 7 days w/ nothing but shakes & then I'll add in veggies & fruits & then proteins slowly, then whole grains & last, dairy to see if I have any food issues & also to get more healthy.

As for the dead animals- that's the first thing I thought when I heard was the it was a sign, but IDK if it is. Now, I want to look into that!

OK, Question of the Week:
What do you see your role on these boards is? Like, as a Christian? IDK if tat makes sense, but it's something I've been thinking about lately. [/u]
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 am

Ahh! I had no idea this board had been revived--yay!! There have been so many hot topics in OT lately that it's nice to have some like-minded people to talk to, if that makes sense.

Okay, I guess as for my role on these boards as a Christian...hmm. That's tricky. I try to let God and how I am supposed to behave dictate what I say. I will explain my stance and stick to it, but I try hard to do it in a caring, non-judgemental way. I also try to find the balance so I'm not coming off as trying to convert someone, but am still getting the point across that God has changed my life in so many ways for the better. It's hard!

Saap--what is this fast? I haven't heard of it.

Marj--I'll have to look for that book. My nephew died unexpectedly 7 1/2 years ago (he was three), and we all still struggle with it, especially his father. I'll have to read that book and see if it might be something that can help him out.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 am

There was something I wanted to talk about that is bothering me, and of course as soon as I clicked "post" on my last one is when I remembered it.

Are any of you part of Facebook? I'm wondering if you all have friends that post personal stuff about their marriages, such as "My husband did this today and I am so near just leaving. He doesn't respect me, etc, etc". It just really bothers me to read these things, but I don't know how to approach the topic. For one, I think it is very un-Godly to badmouth your husband publicly. Anything like that that needs to be said should be said one-on-one to the person it applies to. I think it's horribly disrespectful. The other thing that bothers me about it is that it's just setting people up to think poorly of that spouse. So when the anger wears off (because it almost always does), things might be good between the husband and wife, but it's now tainted others' view of the husband, which isn't fair.

I hope this makes sense...it's something that gets to me, and I wish there were a way I could say "don't do that!" without being rude. Thoughts?
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:36 am

Yeah, IA. That's a rule we set up when we got married. We were taught it premarital counseling, and it has really helped us. I do slip up every now & then, but in general we don't bad mouth each other to others.

But I haven't come across that on FB that much.
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Stefanie, I definitely think it's wrong to badmouth your spouse in public, unless it's for something silly like, "Don't you hate it when they leave the seat up?" Especially since on FB there are a lot of mutual friends and family members. The only way I can think of to say something is to say that you struggle with it personally and try to really watch what you say, but it's hard, etc. And since most of us do struggle with this, it won't be a lie. I'm sure there's a bible verse you could back it up with, but I can't think of one right now. I'll try to find one and post it later.

Dee, I try (and hope I succeed) to always post in a kind and respectful way, even when I disagree with someone. I know that even Christians sometimes disagree about the finer points of scripture, so I try not to take anything personally. I do kind of feel an obligation to set things straight when people misrepresent Christianity or christians. What do you feel like your role is?

MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby punkykittysexpecting » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 pm

hi ladies!!!! :hi:
my name is kristen. i will go by that or punky. whichever works for you.

how many kids?
i have a 3 week old baby girl, lillianna

what church/denomination?
i go to bethany reformed church.

sahm or working?
im a stay at home mom for the moment. looking to go to college soon, so im not going back to work as of now.

what's your biggest struggle as a Christian mom?
i would say my biggest fear would be her loosing faith in god. she will be brought up in the church. but i have my struggles with god myself and i dont want that to get in the way of her believing.
kristen (25) single momma to:
DD: Lillianna Jean (1.19.2011) // DS: Lucas Alan (1.2.2012)
CDing momma!! :)
punkykittysexpecting
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Welcome Kristen! Glad you're here. :)
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:53 am

I need to remember to check here!

I'd like to ask all of you to pray for my church. Our pastor of 25 years died in a motorcycle accident on wednesday. It was very sudden & he was very much loved. He married me & my husband & dedicated two of my boys. We are all very stunned & saddened. :cry:
Here's a link to one of the news stories (some of you in OK may have seen it already).
http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=14053546

TIA for the prayers. The funeral is on tuesday. :cry:
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katinahat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:12 am

Hello :) !

How many kids?
My husband and I don't have any children yet, but we're expecting our first in November.

Which church/denomination?
We attend a large, nondenominational Christian church out here in Colorado

SAHM or working?
I'm currently a senior in astronomy/astrophysics at the University of Colorado-- should be done with my classes by August. Then, I'll be a SAHM for a while, most likely until all of the kids are in school. Thinking of being a geospatial analyst for the NGA after that.

What's your biggest struggle as a Christian mom?
Right now, we're praying that DH and I will find the wisdom to be able to raise our children to cherish and depend on Christ. It's frightening to think that we would teach them incorrectly and inadvertently drive them away from Him.
Me: 23
DH: 24
DD: 10 Nov 11

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, homeschooling, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.
katinahat
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 am

Katiejo, I'm so sorry to hear about your pastor! I will pray for his family. My sister's pastor just died unexpectedly of undiagnosed leukemia. It's so hard for the congregation and pastor's family because they didn't have time to prepare. Maybe the two of them are getting to know each other in heaven right now!

Katinahat, it's nice to see you. I know what you mean about being fearful of driving your kids away from Christ. All we can do is pray for them and do our best though. The rest is up to them and God. It's scary knowing they could make the wrong choice or that we could do something wrong to affect their decision, but there's no point worrying about it. God hasn't given us hearts for fear, and he wants us to be bold in our love for Him and our kids. Don't worry. You're gonna be a great mom!

MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES