Christian mommy group

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby carebear7951 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 am

Stefanie-I spotted/bled with my last two! I know how scary it is b/c before that I had only spotted with my m/c...but it can be totally okay. I think they say it's not "normal" but it's "common" or something like that.
carebear7951
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:22 am

Thanks girls. Calling in a little bit to see if they will get me in for a beta or something to help reassure me. :)
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:01 am

Had an u/s and I'm measuring 5 weeks, 4 days, so just perfect! I had some irritation that seems to be causing the spotting, and some fluid that she believes is a burst cyst that likely caused the cramping (I had the same thing with my son). I will go back next Wednesday to see the heartbeat and rule out an ectopic. She said the odds of having one in the uterus and one elsewhere are 1/30000 but she wants to make absolutely sure. Oh, and my hCG was over 9000...I'm 23dpo. :)
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 am

:ptl: That's great news, Stefanielynn!
I probably won't be around much for the next few days. My laptop got the "flashing question mark of death" yesterday, so i have to take it to the Apple geniuses to fix it. The hard drive is toast & it's only 3 years old. :? Luckily, we found out that this is a common problem with my macbook & the hard drives were recalled, so it will not cost me anything (except everything that was on it) to get it fixed.
So right now i'm stuck using the old desktop computer. I'll try to pop in when i can, though! :D
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Stefanie, I'm so happy to hear our prayers were answered and baby is thriving!

:ptl: :ptl: :ptl:

KUP on how Wednesday's appointment goes.

Katie, that's a bummer about your laptop! I hope you didn't lose any important info.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:33 am

Sorry I have been missing in action the past few days, lades! I am trying to cut back on internet/forum time so I don't get addicted :).

Stefanielynn--I am so glad your news was good!! :D
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:23 am

Becca, I am doing the same thing. I've been spending too much time on the computer, so barely got on at all yesterday. I had like 20 emails this morning...ugh. I do feel better about myself when I know I'm doing productive things with the kiddo rather than occupying myself with stuff that doesn't matter. I'm usually not bad about it, but since finding out I'm pregnant I've constantly been on here...bad, bad, bad!!
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:18 am

stefanielynn wrote: I'm usually not bad about it, but since finding out I'm pregnant I've constantly been on here...bad, bad, bad!!

:D Me too! (Well, it was hard when I was TTC, too, but seems like I'm always on here since I got pregnant.) It's a combination of being more tired and less motivated, and doing a lot of research on pregnancy, etc... I just have to set limits for myself and stick to them!
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:47 am

Hey girls - i have a prayer request. My mom had a routine mammogram the other day & they found "something". She goes back on the 9th for another mammogram & an ultrasound. Please pray that this isn't cancer. I'm trying really hard to have faith, but right now i'm just scared. Her name is Diana. Thanks. :(
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 pm

I will say a prayer for your mom. :hugs:

So, I have some bad news. I mentioned that a wonderful woman had laid hands on me a couple of days before I got my BFP. She was in her second trimester, and I just found out today that she lost her baby. I don't know what happened, but my heart is just broken that she helped me get my baby and now she has lost hers. I know there is a reason for it all, but it seems so wrong and unfair. :( :(
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 am

stefanielynn wrote:I will say a prayer for your mom. :hugs:

So, I have some bad news. I mentioned that a wonderful woman had laid hands on me a couple of days before I got my BFP. She was in her second trimester, and I just found out today that she lost her baby. I don't know what happened, but my heart is just broken that she helped me get my baby and now she has lost hers. I know there is a reason for it all, but it seems so wrong and unfair. :( :(

Stefanie--that is too bad. It's hard for me to understand why or how these things happen sometimes... just remember that it was the power of God that helped you get pregnant and she was just a willing vessel... God has a plan for her life.

I have a situation that also troubles me. I often pray about it. I have a friend who is several years older than me, and been married much longer, and they have been trying for a baby for years now. She has a problem with her hormone levels and pituitary gland. So finally, she got pregnant in June and then miscarried right away :cry:. I felt so grieved about that. DH and I tried for our baby, too, but it took only a little less than a year and they've been trying forever, only to get a m/c?? I can't imagine how hard that is. But all we can do is support them in prayer, and pray that that was a sign that they actually may be able to get pregnant in the future.

There are so many things that happen that test our faith, and I have to remember that my God is a good God. God bless your friend, and may He comfort her in her time of need.

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

praying f/ ur mom, katiejo.

:( stefanie.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 am

Becca, we had tried for 22 months for our first pregnancy. It ended in m/c at 6 weeks, 3 days (I'm 6 + 4 today, so feeling more confident in this pregnancy after passing that milestone). It then took us 6 months to conceive our son. If we hadn't lost our other baby, we wouldn't have our son. At the time I was miserable and angry and just couldn't understand it, but now I look at my little boy who is turning 4 in a few days and I couldn't imagine things going any differently. Hopefully your friend is able to have a silver lining soon, and she gets the baby that is supposed to be here on Earth with her. :hugs:
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MegsIsMommy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks Dee for letting me know about this group! I had never ventured into the Mommy Circles before. :-) Guess I really need to begin embracing that I AM going to be a mommy! :lol:

A bit about me... Expecting our first and couldn't be more excited! Married for seven years this month! :-)

I was raised in a contemporary Baptist/non-denominational church and we claim that too. We have had such a hard time finding a new church home since moving from Georgia but continue trying. It gets so frustrating going week after week to new churches and never feeling like it's the right fit. We found one that we loved soon after moving here but everytime we tried to get involved we were turned down for some reason or another.

I'm currently a SAHW since my job ended in July. We're doing Dave Ramsey as well {although I often wonder what he would suggest in our circumstance if it would be for me to work and bring home a little after paying for daycare, etc. or if it would be to do what we are doing} and believe God is going to meet our needs for me to be a SAHM and raise our kids as DH and I believe they should be.

Since I'm not a mom per say yet, I will say that my biggest struggle as a Christian women is to watch my attitude... Especially towards DH at times. :oops: Like if I feel he is not doing enough around the house {this whole me SAH has really thrown me for a loop in my new roles and what's expected of me versus him now} I have to step back and take inventory and be humbled...

And becuase I totally did read every single page, here are a few of the comments that stuck out to me! :-)

MrsLewis907 wrote:we met online in a chatroom my freshman year of college (2002).
Dh and I met online too and finally in person January 2002... Not in a chatroom but via good ole' AOL! haha! :-)

tinyfairypeople wrote:I think I have a good testimony (I was an athiest who got pregnant at 16) and I just hope and pray that they will take my experience to heart, when they are old enough to share it with them, and that they will chose to protect their hearts and love God.

I would love to hear your testimony if you ever feel like sharing! It's so awesome to hear how others were drawn to be Christ followers! :-)

dee12h wrote:I really just think that school (even private) is not geared toward little boys (2nd grade & under).
I personally do not believe it's geared for children! It's become a free babysitting service more than an educational experience where children can grow and learn and be kids. That's just my two cents... :-)

stefanielynn wrote:I have a bachelor's degree, and people treat me like I'm "wasting" it because I choose to be home with my children. Yeah, financially it's tight (especially because we're paying off that bachelor's degree!)
I also have a bachelors degree and I feel like it's the most expensive piece of wasted paper ever becuase all I've ever wanted to do was be a SAHM! DH keeps reminding me that I gained valuable knowledge during that time and will use it when I least expect it. I guess he's somewhat right as we've started a foundation and some is coming into use but still! I just hate that we're still paying for it.....

MightyMarJ wrote:The only issue we've had is MIL's language from time to time, especially using God's name in vain and other cursing in front of the kids. I just said to her that I know she's not doing it to be disrespectful, but could she please be careful around our kids and explained why we don't like hearing God's name in vain.
This is going to be a HUGE problem with my in-laws... They are saved but their language tells differently. I have told them I REFUSE for my child's first word to be a curse word that they learned from them so either they get their act together when the baby is around or they won't see baby until it says it's first word! Unfortunately, I once upon a time worked in a daycare and heard a handful of times this happening and while the parents thought it was funny, I did not.

Dee12h wrote:Then I got involved in "reformed" theology which absolutely made sense to me. I loved it. (well, still do). If you're not familiar, it's basically Calvinism (but I hate that term), predestination, sovereignty of God, etc.
Have you heard about the Acts 29 Network of Churches? http://www.acts29network.org/ My dad and his wife have become very much involved in the church planted in their town {http://www.fourcornersnewnan.org/} and DH and I's last visit to see them resulted in quite the debate... What's kind of crazy is everything minus the "predestination" I believed in completely. I still do not understand it completely {I do not pride myself on my brain comprehending it all} but I can see that point of view. I guess I just want everyone to be saved that the thought of God only calling on His predetermined group of people upsets me. Anyways. Thought I would share that. :-)

And Becca, I believe the moment I accepted Jesus into my heart I was filled with the Holy Spirit. a few weeks later went on to be baptised in water and our pastor put his hands on me and prayed. I do not know about having a Holy Spirit baptism per say.

Katiejo, prayers for your mom!

Oh I have lots more to say but must run to get ready and meet DH for a few hours before he heads out of town the next few days. I'm nervous for the first time being here by myself... It's becuase I'm pregnant and I just like knowing that he's here and able to take care of me if I am throwing up again or something.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you more! :-)
Megs {29} DH {32}
MegsIsMommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 am

Welcome Megs!!

As far as what Dave Ramsey would say about working or not, I wouldn't worry about that. You can look up calculators online that show what your "true" income would be if you were working while having kids. There are added expenses--daycare, work clothes, lunches away from home, the probability of less home cooked dinners, gas, wear and tear on your car, possibly another car payment, etc. If you strongly feel you should be a SAHM, then that's what you should do! You will find a way to make it work. You only get one chance at seeing your kids grow up. :wink:

Had an ultrasound yesterday, and we have one healthy baby with a heartbeat! Super stoked! :)
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES