June 2010 Momma's #2

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:15 am

I guess we are both crazy then. I don't go anywhere without constantly talking to him. Maybe that's why they are saying so many words, I looked it up yesterday and at 12-16 months it seems that 5-20 words is normal.
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes! DS is talking up a storm and amazing me every day. Although he's known the word "no" for a while...just the last two days it seems he's realized he can tell us NO to questions and trying to get him to do things like eat or whatever. Lol....terrible twos a little early.

Words he's saying now include: mama, dada, baba, dis (this), no, mmmhmmm, gak gak (quack quack, meaning duck), gawg (dog), elbo (Elmo), ni ni (night night), bye bye, ball.

We got his pictures professionally taken today for the first time since he was an infant. Pricey, but worth it. Too bad he was grouchy and didn't want to smile much. We got some cute ones though!

I got a call from the NICU today about interviewing! They have a night position open. Now....I am very very hesitant to take another night shift position because I was MISERABLE on night shift and I feel like it would be putting my job in front of my family. However, this is what I've wanted to do since nursing school, and this is the first time they've called me in two years that I've been applying there. Also, my current job isn't very good and they are putting me in a bad position where I feel my license may come into jeopardy. They are treating me like crap too and it's not something I ever really wanted to do...just a job I took to get me off of night shift.

So I decided to take the interview and we'll just see what happens. I'll pray about it and hopefully if I get offered the job, and take it, then that is what I am supposed to be doing. I am hoping if I can just get into the field, a day shift will open up for me before too long (hoping a year or so at the most).

My mom said "well at least this time you don't have a small baby, so it will be easier." I just agreed but felt awful thinking in my head "yeah, but I WILL have one in less than a year!"

It still feels surreal that I'm pregnant.
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm

:goodluck2: on the interview. If the NICU there is anything like the ones here people don't stay long, so that will open up a spot for you quickly. If this is your dream job though you might find the nights easier to bear for the time being, if your not extra tired from being pregnant. I don't think I could work in the NICU, I have seen and dealt with too many losses to be able to work with babies knowing that they could take a turn for the worse at any time. When I'm done with school I plan to get into the birthing center though.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Mamadru-- I work at a birthing center PRN right now and love it. It just doesn't offer full time or benefits. I did about 6 weeks as my capstone in the NICU as a senior in nursing school and loved every minute of it. I know it will be rough emotionally at times. But I worked in critical care for adults for over a year, and feel like I could handle it. It seems like no matter where I go as a nurse, I get close to patients and they die. There's no escaping it. Even at the birthing center, we just had a couple lose their full term baby shortly after birth and I have had to resuscitate a baby as well. There's just something about holding a little tiny life in your hand...and knowing you are part of their life-altering struggle to survive, that is so awe-inspiring. And watching a baby come in at 28 weeks and grow to be a baby that breathes on it's own and eats from a bottle... Also, the amount of family contact you get is both wonderful and heartbreaking (some of the families just don't care).

I think I could try to make night shift work but with a clear goal to move to days ASAP. There isn't much NICU turn around in this hospital, which I take to be a very good sign.
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:33 am

Wow Jeanie, I have never heard anyone think of it like that before!

Today (or yesterday) is O day yippee!!!! I'm pretty sure it was yesterday though, had cramps on the right side for about 3 hours, if that's the case we hit it dead on :). Heres to hoping!!!

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 am

:goodluck1: Jeanie on the interview!

:goodluck1: To you too Mamadru!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 pm

thank you CamsMommy!

UGH! We are moving into our house next week, nice to get out of the appartment but I haven't even started packing. I'm not sure what to pack or how to even find the time with charlie. He tosses all of his toys out of his room every chance he gets so maybe I should start with his room? If you were moving (it's only across town) what would you pack of bubs and what would you leave out? Between the family and school I'm just not sure I will be able to do this.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 pm

I would pack the essentials from the kitchen (pots, pans, plates, silverware, cups...), bathroom (towels, toilet paper, toiletries...), bedrooms (bed...), some toys, books, and other distractions for C and maybe some baby gates to block off areas of the house you don't want him to get into. Is there any way that you can maybe transfer some stuff over night when C is asleep and one of you can stay with him while the other takes some boxes over? It's such a chore to move. I still have boxes in storage that I have yet to go through because I'm lazy...lol.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Well DF said not to worry much and that he has moved around so much he could be an expert at it. So other than getting more boxes and bags I guess that leaves me to focus on school and the kids... and these darn OPK lol... must have been one heck of an O :) I usually test it out till I see just a faint line but I got + on both of the tests I took on the 24th and eventhough they started to get lighter yesterday they are still pretty close to being positive. Usualy I get a - on the am and a + on the pm and by the next day they are going faiiiint... :fingersx: this means good things and poor df is really getting tired, he made a comment earlier saying that hes glad that we can relax for a few days. Nope not just yet, another day or two maybe lol. How is everyone else doing?

Seems like most everyone is doing a fb group now and that's how they are staying in touch, should we do that too?

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Mamadru- I think that doing a facebook group would be awesome! I am glued to fb all day long. I only come on tww to see if anyone posted an update. Things really seem to have settled down over on all the other boards. THe only other one I visit is Off topic.

Well I'm off to finish my 10 page paper thats due this week. Once that's finished I can finish another paper also due this week. The joys of school. lol.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 am

AHH, school lol. I have papers due for every class I'm in right now too. Must just be that time in the semester! Facebook is great but I don't think I have anyone on my friends list there except for the lady that had the twins in our ddc

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:39 am

So what are your little ones gonna be for Halloween?! Post a pic if you can.

Last year Cameron was an alien. This year his is an astronaut. SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! Here is a pic of that we took of him in his costume last week at the aquarium Halloween night.

Halloween 2011

Halloween 2010

Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

He is so adorable! C is going to be a vampire, but we aren;t putting him in his costume till monday, were knee deep in boxes to load up and take to the house tomorow, and I guess now isn't the time to stop packing either!

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi ladies. Sorry for my absence...pregnancy symptoms came back full swing a week or so ago. However I still seem to be gaining weight even though I can barely eat most of the day. Haha...oh well.

I went to bed at 7:30 the other night :lol: .

Interview went great, I think. They'll let me know next week. And things at my job now are getting hairy...lots of people quitting and no replacements! So it might be nice to have an out if I need it.

Isaac will be a dragon this year!

Cute pic of your little astronaut.

Mamadru-good luck!!! Hope you catch that eggie! And good luck with the move! I moved with my little boy in May...it was rough but we just left what we HAD to use until last and put it in an overnight type bag.
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:03 pm

oh yeah and....I am not on facebook that much....really don't like it, but let me know if you start a group over there.
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES