June 2010 Momma's #2

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Beegee » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 am

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! That is the FUNNIEST video I have ever seen! His sand-moustache is disgusting and adorable at the same time. I can't believe he did that slide on his own! OMG! Thanks so much for sharing.
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby krzykt75 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 am

I KNOW!! He's hilarious. I was a little nervous the first time he went down, but he's seriously crazy and has absolutely no fear. Scary because his dad is the same way.
Me: Jodi - 36
DH:44
DS:Jack Francis, 8/16/08
DS:George Wyatt 6/30/10

krzykt75
Addicted
Addicted

Postby CamsMommy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Freakylady- Congrats on the new little one! Whatta birth story. WOW! Post pics if you can.

Beegee- I hope that the nausea goes away for you soon. Make it kinda hard to disguise that your preggers when you are queasy all the time. Are you going to find out what you are having? Or are you going to be team green?

Jeanie- I am sending you tons and tons of baby dust! There seems to be a ton of people having gallbladder issues. My father-in-law had his taken out. He could have passed because it was already gangreen. Luckily, they got it in time and he is doing well. My husbands coworker thought he had food poisoning but turns out he needed his gallbladder out too. Yikes. I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Mamadru- I'm glad that your procedure is over and done with and that all is well with you. How is school going? How many classes are you taking again? I completely get the whole baby needs me when I'm getting ready to do homework thing. Luckily, Cam takes a long nap so I get most my stuff sone when he is sleeping.

krzykt75- LOL! That video was so hilarious! What a great share.

AFM- We are finally settled in FL. Its been rough. DH and DS love it here I am the one that is miserable. It feels like a vacation and feels like I'm waiting to go home...to Wisconsin. I'm sure with time and with a major attitude adjustment I will learn to like this place. I am in my last semester in college. Come December I will have my Bachelor's degree in Accounting! Yay!

Cameron is bottle free! No more bottles for us. It has been so nice to wash a sippy cup that has 2 parts as opposed to a bottle that has 6 pieces! We just did it cold turkey. The first night he refused the sippy so he went to bed without his night time sippy of milk. I felt awful, but the next morning he took to milk in the sippy and we haven't looked back.

Here is a recent picture of Cameron on the beach
ImageImage

And a video. Please excuse the mess tornado Cameron came through my house leaving nothing but complete destruction behind. Image
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby CamsMommy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Yikes! Sorry about the size. I made them smaller in photobucket but obviously it didn't take.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 am

Jeanie- I don't mind the supplements all that much. I used to take them at night so I wouldn't have to deal with the symptoms. Any news on a BFP yet? Hope you get the job that you wanted, I know that it's hard with the economy right now.

KrzyKt- Look at him go! Good luck with the ENT, hopefully you will get some good news. Brave lil boy too, c seems to hate slides. C insists on having his pacifier too, were trying to slowly reduce the time he uses it. He can only have it for naps and once hes about two we are going to explain that its for babies and the "bink fairie" is going to pay a visit to take the binks and give them to tiny babies and leave something special for him.

CamsMommy- You are not missing anything not being here in WI, seems to have gotten cold a bit early. School is going okay, I'm 4 classes but one is self paced so I can do it when i want as long as everything is turned in by december. Congrats for being a bottle free mama! His eyes are so gorgeous. Charlies room is a disaster, I don't know how he can find anything in there. We clean it up and in 5 minutes he has everything all over the place again.

AFM- It has been something around here, DF lost his job, and a few days later we had to rush charlie to the hospital (was the most traumatic thing for me). We let him play in his room and keep the safety gate up, DF was fixing my computer and I was getting dinner ingredients together. No sooner than I had opened up the fridge I heard a crash and then poor bub screaming. I ran in the hallway and he was laying on top of the gate, OMG! He was holding his ear and crying but I didn't see anything wrong at first, then I caught the blood on my shirt out of the corner of his eye. I pulled his hand away from his ear and sure enough there was blood everywhere, I told DF that we needed to go to the hospital and I walked out. I ended up sitting in the back with charlie, poor lil guy kept saying my ow, my ow the whole time we were on the way. We got to the ER and they cleaned up his ear and found out that it wasn't cut all the way through but he cut his earlobe deep enough to need 6 stitches. (i'll post pics later) I feel like the worst mother ever! Turns out that he can run into the gate and knock it down, there is a lava lamp on the bottom shelf of the bookcase in the hallway, well when he knocked the gate down he fell and knocked the lamp over and cut his ear on the base. I was planning to put that lamp in his room sometime soon (I bought it even before he was concieved and it was supposed to go in his room to give him something to help him soothe himself to sleep), now I think I'm going to toss it.... other than that, I think things are going okay for us. I'll check back in and post pics soon.
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

Awe Mamadru, accidents happen. You are so not a bad mama. It'll be ok. I hope that all is ok with C and his ear and that it is healing fast. Poor little man. They are all just a bunch of curious little explorers that get into everything.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Jeanie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:44 pm

krzykt--OMG! such a funny video!!! I was laughing so hard and loud, my DF had to tell me to be quiet or I'd wake up the baby! :) thanks for sharing! and lol at the sand snot mustache. Boys :lol: .

Camsmommy--Your son is so adorable! My DF was looking at the updates with me (lol he stalked our DDC while I was pregnant...) and said something to the effect of "wow, that is a cute kid! He's almost as cute as Isaac!" And I've never heard him say that about a baby before...he's a bit biased! Hoping you get used to Florida before too long...it must be difficult to adjust to such a large move!

mamadru--Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your little boy getting hurt! The more I mother, the more I realize that boys are nuts and I will never be able to keep him from getting bumps, bruises, and worse...we can only do our best to limit the number of ouchies...but they will happen no matter what! It's like even if I'm right there, I turn around for a half second and he's face diving off the couch or standing up in the grocery cart (while strapped in), etc... I hope he's healing fast! It tugged at my heart when you said he just say "my ow" over and over, because that sounds like something my little boy would do. Hope you're recovering from that incident too!!! So sorry that happened.

AFM--I have an interview on Tuesday and and interview on Wednesday. I'm hopeful! And the more my bosses keep mistreating me, the less guilty I feel about thinking of giving my two weeks notice, lol! I really feel like life is good right now, and I'm very happy. I'm having so much fun with Isaac. We have a nice townhome we are living in now. We are not struggling for money. And I have the man I love sleeping next to me each night (such a blessing when for so long we had to sleep at separate times of the day). I'm sorry if I seem to just complain all of the time about work. I should really stop that. I am blessed, and God will give me a job that will work with our family and make me not feel like a horrible nurse everytime I go to work. It will just take time.

So glad to get updates from all of you! No BFP from me yet. I am having all sorts of crazy amounts of colostrum today though, and I haven't breastfed for 6 months! Usually I barely get a drop if I squeeze, but now it's just coming as much as I squeeze!

Here's my chart (if it works) My Ovulation Chart

I ordered some cheap sensitive pregnancy tests online, and they are here, but in the manager's office and I probably can't get them until Tuesday. Then I'll be POAS! DF swears I'm pregnant since I'm having nausea, sensitive smell, and the crazy leaky boobs. But I think it's too early for all that....although my chart is confusing me, and I'm not sure when I ovulated!

I'll keep you guys updated!
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:50 am

Jeanie, good luck at the job interviews! I really hope you get something you can finally love! Sounds like you're in a good place (life-wise, happy-wise) regardless, but the quality of your days will increase so dramatically if you could be happy in the workplace too. And good luck ttc! I've never had the leaky boob thing since I stopped BFing (in June). That must be an unpleasant surprise!

Mamadru-- yikes about poor Charlie needing 6 stitches! Your poor baby. I hope he gets better soon and the shock of the experience wears off you, fast. And I'm so sorry to hear your DF lost his job. Does he have any leads on other jobs?

Camsmommy, congrats on going bottle free! I'm nowhere near that yet. I love the new pics of Cam. Haven't been able to watch the video yet, looking forward to seeing it. I'm so sorry you're not digging the new location yet; it must be hard to go thru such a dramatic change, while being a mom and finishing your accounting degree. You need a break, madame!

AFM, feeling like garbage today again, but I'm finally 12 weeks along so I know I'll be feeling much better soon. And fun-- today I have my first ultrasound (and it's also my 33rd birthday)! Busy day. I can't wait to see this baby.
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Jeanie- Thanks so much! My kiddo is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. lol.
I'm sorry you are having a hard time at your current job. However, I wish you the best of luck on your interviews.:goodluck2: In the end, you will be where you are meant to me.
PLease let us know when you poas. I'm so excited for all that are ttc again. I'm living vicariously through you all because Lord knows I'm not ready for another one.

Beegee- Happy Birthday!!!!! :cake: :balloons:
Yay! I'm so excited for you! I hope that the nausea goes away soon.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Ok, Charlie is being incredibly fussy today, so just popping in to post that pic like I said I would. I should be back tonight to give updates.
Poor lil guy :(
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 am

Beegee--Happy birthday!!! And congrats on a lovey ultrasound. I went and looked at it on the April DDC boards. Hope your nausea goes away soon! And let us know when you have your next ultrasound so we can stalk, lol.

Camsmommy-- :lol: now that there's a chance I could be pregnant again, DF is starting to have second thoughts! So if this month doesn't work out, it may be a while again for us. That's okay, I'm getting a little nervous too, lol. I finally got my crosshairs on FF, and it's saying I'm 3 DPO. I got some cheapie pregnancy tests and took one yesterday just for fun (got 50 for $9)...obviously BFN haha. I will probably be testing again in 5 ish days and on since it won't really cost me much. I'll let you guys know!

Mammadru-- ouchies! Poor baby! But it looks like they really did a lovely job repairing it nice and even. If it makes you feel any better, I got stitches on my FACE three different times as a child, and they are so faded that you can't even tell anymore, except for the one that is on my eyebrow so no hair grows there. After it heals up, make sure to put sunscreen on the scar for a while when you go outside, because sun exposure darkens scars.

AFM--my first job interview is today! Hooooooray!
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Okay so---first job interview is a complete NO!!! Wow it was awful. It is the highest rated nursing home in our county, opening a new rehab unit (which is what I do now). And they were planning to have only 1 nurse on the unit for 17 patients....which would mean giving all their meds, doing all their treatments, dressing changes, etc, by myself with absolutely no backup if somebody started having a stroke or a heart attack or something awful. ONE nurse! No way, not going to do it. I have 10 patients right now and it's pushing it with the amount of care they each need. I'm glad they were honest about their plans for staffing though so I could stay clear away! But it was great practice for my interview tomorrow!!!
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Jeanie-Wow! 1 person for 17 patients. That is nuts! I can't believe that they are expecting one person to do all that work. I'm glad that they were honest with you about what their intentions were. I hope that tomorrows interview is better! KUP! Good Luck!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Jeanie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks Camsmommy!

Interview today went GREAT! It was just an HR interview, but they are going to put my information through to the director of the NICU for a part time days position there--my DREAM job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers and prayers and prayers that they hire me!
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

GOOD LUCK JEANIE!!!!! I hope you get the job!

Mamadru, hope the little man's ear is healing well. Quite a picture, OWCH!

Thanks for all the bday wishes, you guys! The u/s went well and I found out that I wasn't quite as far along as I thought (off by 4 days, no biggie... unless you're patiently counting down the days til the nausea's gone, haha). They couldn't get all the measurements they needed so i go back on the 13th. Woohoo for another ultrasound!

Camsmommy-- is your DH still sure he doesn't want any more babies?
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES