August 2009 mummys part 3

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

August 2009 mummys part 3

Postby taffy75 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 am

Me: Dana, 36
DH: 42
DS1: 8/12/09
DS2: 4/10/11
taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks for the new thread! I remember DS looked so old after every haircut. Always made me sad. He's 6 now, where did the time go? :(

That baby will be here before you know it! Hang in there!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the new thread! :)

Hi Ladies!
Sorry for being MIA. I am taking 4 classes on line to renew my teaching certification which expires June 30th. I take these classes on line and it takes most of my time in the evenings. I will be done with 2 classes the end of next week, 1 I already finished and the last one i will finish the end of April. This will renew my certification for the next 5 years which is great because if and when I decide to go back I don't have to worry about my certification.

Kdsrdms: We do have a name picked out but my hubby has made me promised not to let the cat out of the hat. Thank you for the compliments on Molly Isn't it amazing how quickly they pick up words? I have to try and count how many words Molly is saying. What is funny is when she trying to say fish or fishy it sounds like S*it Speaking of the little gym we just went there this past Saturday for Molly's friend's birthday party. Molly had a great time there! Molly loves food. It doesn't matter what you are eating she always wants some. she is not a picky eater but she does not like sweets. The only cake she has ever eaten was her birthday cake last year. Lucy and Molly sound a lot alike Molly looks forward to brushing her teeth in the morning, after nap and before bedtime. She does not like water during the day but at night she drinks about 2 full sippy cups of water when she wakes up. I also water down her juice during the day. It is mostly water with a splash of juice in it.

Taffy: reading your post from March just reminded me I have to start washing the baby's clothes too just in case he comes early like Molly did.
How are you doing? Can't believe your baby will be here in no time

Babyluv: Sorry I had no idea you were on bedrest. How are things going for you? How are you feeling?

KristyLee: I guess we all have some smart little ones who love to chat. How are you doing? How is Kendall doing? Can you believe our little ones will be 2 soon? Time is sure flying by fast

Afm, I go to the perinatologist on Monday for my monthly u/s. I am so excited to see how much he has grown Then in 2 weeks I go to the obgyn and hopefully know if my c-section will still be June 14th. I am very uncomfortable as far as my bladder goes. I have a dull heavy feeling in my lower ab and it is uncomfortable to sleep well at night. I definitely did not have this with Molly but i guess that is the price you pay for motherhood. Other than that, all is well and healthy thank God. I had my GD test on Tuesday so I am guessing all is well since I have not heard anything back from my OBGYN. I feel stupid for wanting a girl in the beginning because I just can't wait to hold him and I am having so much fun buying him clothes :) I feel bad for not coming on more but with the classes I am pretty busy but at least it all ends the end of April.
The weather here is already pretty warm. I shouldn't complain because we have short, tank top and flip flop weather 10 months out of the year. It was 86 degrees today and this weekend it is suppose to be in the 90's.

Hi to everyone else if I missed anyone. Hope you all are doing well.

God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Hey Carmen! Glad you checked in! Good luck on your classes! I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. It will be over before you know it and so worth it!

I can't believe Kendal will be 2 soon! She's at a fun age though. She has started talking in sentences! I swear she says a new word everyday!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi ladies,
Had my peri appointment on Monday. Baby is weighing 3 pounds 12 ounces :shock: The doctor told me that he is not going to be a small baby. At this point Molly was 3 pounds 2 ounces. Everything looks great and healthy. I think next month is my last appointment at the peri.

I was 29 weeks 4 days on Monday. Was going to change my ticker but will have to figure out how to. Baby was measuring 31 weeks 5 days on Monday. I just want my blood pressure to behave and stay normal, don't want him to come too early.

HOpe you all are doing great!

God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby taffy75 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:37 am

Hello ladies! I had my little man a week ago - here's a link to my birth story and some Evan spam:

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... c&t=199665

And Alex meeting his little brother:

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:19 am

Congrats Dana!!! He's beautiful!!!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

:congrats: Dana! He is so beautiful!!! Awww... and look at the proud big brother! Makes me anxious for my little man to get here already :)

God Bless.
ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Hello? Anyone here?
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 am

Thanks ladies! I'm still around although not as much - forgot how exhausting newborns are! I felt like all I did yesterday was nurse - he nursed every hour just about during the day and every 2 overnight.

I do wonder where our group went though. :(

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby taffy75 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:47 am

*crickets*

kristy - you still around?

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristylee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm here! Glad to see you! Guess we are the only 1s left! :( How are your LOs?
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby armenc8261 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Ladies!

I am still around too! Hope you all are doing great! My water broke on Monday, May 30th, Memorial Day early morning at 3:00am. It was quite funny because I was in bed and thought I was peeing on myself but once I got on my feet I knew what it was. I woke my hubby up and told him it was time and he says, "okay let me take a shower." Then, I woke my dss up and told him it was time and he says, "okay, let me take a shower!" I guess I should be proud to have a hubby and stepson who are OCD about being clean and showering LOL!! We finally left the house around 4:00am and got to the hospital at 4:30am. My contractions were 7-8 minutes apart and lasting around 1 minute. All I can say is I admire all the women out there who give birth without any pain killers because the contractions were not fun! Needless to say, I was wondering where he wanted to come out of because I thought he was trying to come out of my butt! LOL! I had to be put under for the C-section because since I have MS the anesthesiologist said they do not like to do spinals or anything in the spine because they don't know what affect it will have later down the road with my MS. I of course was more petrified of the catheter than the surgery but the nurse I had rocked! I did not feel the catheter at all! Recovery is going well. Just a little more sore this time around but all in all we are all healthy, happy and enjoying our little man. He is a great sleeper. His sister at this stage was up every 2 hours but he has gone 4 hours straight at night sleeping. He never cries. I am very thankful for my family and for being blessed with 2 healthy kids when 3 years ago I never thought I would ever be a mom. Can't believe what a difference prayers, faith and determination has made in our lives. Our family is complete. I had my tubes tied. Bitter sweet but I am 39 and with my health issues I am thankful to God for my 2 little blessings. Now if I was 5 years younger, I would have just 1 more

HEre are some pictures! Hope you all are doing well.

God Bless!

ImageImage
ImageImage
armenc8261
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kristylee » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Congrats Carmen! He's precious and your daughter is beautiful! Glad you are both healthy! That is awesome that's he's a good sleeper. 4 straight hrs are awesome!

I'm still deciding on another one or not. Can't decide!
Kendal Lee is here!
8-14-09 7lb 10oz 20in!!

kristylee
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby taffy75 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Kristy are you still around? There's a FB group for us Aug. mommies that has been getting some posts if you're on there. If not, hopefully you'll see this!

taffy75
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES