Two Week Wait

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!
Post a reply

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:59 pm

mamadru-- yeah if you can separate yourself from the dreams, I think I'd try to just stay...but I get what you mean. Those vivid, emotional dreams really stick with me and make real life awkward. Maybe give it some time to dull the memory of the dreams!

AFM--great news!!!!!!!!!!!! I get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off!!!!!! I work all the days around that, but will have those two days off in exchange for working Thanksgiving, black Friday as well as the weekend of new year's eve and new years day. Who the heck cares about new years? I'm pregnant and have a 1 year old...nothing fun is going to happen anyway! :) I'm so happy.

We have not decided yet, but we might go team green....lol I doubt we'll be able to hold out but I kind of want to...and it would piss DF's mom off and that almost makes me want to do it too (ahh I'm horrible! but she keeps giving us SO much crap about having a 2nd baby and not being married yet). But really, the surprise would be great!

Also, I finally decided that we are going to have the baby at a hospital again, not at a birth center (I work very part time at a birth center). I just have a gut feeling that I need to be at a hospital, and since I hemorrhaged pretty badly last time, and had preterm labor issues, low placenta and bleeding issues and put on bed rest....I think it's just the best choice for us.

And as for DS--he is doing good but O M G the tantrums and now the hitting too. Poor guy was barfing all night last night but is doing fine today except for just being fussy. I just wish we could control the little guy...being in public is embarrassing! Makes us feel like bad parents. But what can you do with a 17 month old? Remove them from the situation, tell them no, give in....

Hope you're all doing well and had a nice Thanksgiving!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 am

jeanie, thats great! You get to spend christmas with your family! How are you feeling now? lol I guess I just have a better relationship with df's mom than most would, so I don;t want to make her mad. You know... her son is an asult so it's really none of her business.
beegee- I guess your right. I mean it was only a dream... and he is a great doctor.

Things I guess have been going okay for us. We got a call today saying that the landlord got a check on our behalf and we only have to pay 75$ for rent this month, didn't say who it was from though, maybe it was a christmas gift? but who would know where to send money like that...I'm currently 9dpo and lol good ol' times going crazy in the tww. I feel like af is on the way, but I can't remember how many times we talked about feeling like that in early pregnancy back in our ddc. Hoping it means good things but if not I'm okay with that too, maybe my body just needs a break for a cycle or so after that m/c although I have never waited before and charlie was concieved the cycle after a m/c.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 am

Hey guys!

Mamadru, that's awesome about the $75 rent for the month. Wow, a little christmas present; funny that it was anonymous! Keep us posted in your tww...

Jeanie, great news about not working this Christmas! I'm sure you're elated; I do believe you were exhausted over the holidays the last two years I've "known" you on TWW. Actually, and I was just thinking of you the other day-- wasn't it you and your DF who, when we were pregnant with our June babies at Christmas 2 years ago, felt a nice big kick from that baby when you 2 were in church together one night? I think it was the first 'real' kick and you were so excited. I dont' know why I remember that. :)

Sucks about your little man being so sick and barfy. Eleni has had a fever the last two days but hasn't been acting too sick otherwise... hope it passes soon!

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi ladies!

-Mamadru-- I normally don't want to make DF's mom mad, but she won't quit calling and harassing us...well mostly DF....about how she thought she raised him better than this and she is so disappointed in us that she can't sleep it just makes her sick and on and on and on. It's been awful. Good luck on this cycle!!! And how awesome that you only have to pay $75 this month! What a blessing!

-Beegee-- Oh my goodness my hormonal self just cried when I read that you remembered that we felt DS kick for the first time in church together on Christmas Eve! :) haha....not sure why but that was just really touching that you remembered that! Sorry Eleni has a fever! Not fun! DS has been throwing up since Sunday (yes, a whole different bug). So he's been throwing up for 5 days. Pediatrician doesn't really care as long as he's not overly dehydrated. I hope it goes away soon before me and my DF get fired from our jobs for absence! I think I'm in more danger than DF, but hopefully I'll be out of that job soon!

Which brings me to my next big news! God is good! I have been applying my rear off and even had 7 new applications in the last week. Today I was sitting on the couch with my sick kid and feeling very sad and desperate. I prayed to God "Please help us! Please help me find a better job!" Less than 5 minutes later I got a call for an interview for tomorrow! So excited!!! My current job just started assigning me to 21 patients BY MYSELF and told me to expect it to stay that way for a few more months at least. Seriously? So I'm just beyond happy and feel like God was listening, and maybe this will be a better job for our family. Now I will have to run out to the mall after DF gets home to take care of DS....I don't fit in my interview clothes anymore! And I need to not look pregnant, lol.

:) wish me luck. God is good.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:04 pm

GOOD LUCK AT THE INTERVIEW, JEANIE!!!!

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks Beegee!

So...the interview was awkward ( I must just bring out the awkward in people). But at the end the guy asked me if this was something I was interested in, and I said YES! It actually is going to be a part time position instead of full time, with the opportunity to pick up extra shifts sometimes. That would be great, since I have two jobs, I don't really need this to be full time (I am still benefits eligible!).

On the downside, DS is still sick. This is day 6 of him throwing up. I told my birth center job I HAVE to stay home with him this weekend and can't work my scheduled call time until after DF gets home...I can't send him to daycare like this and no family wants to help because they are all still recovering from the bug he gave them a few weeks ago! But work is giving me crap. I just don't have a choice. I'll tell you...I envy stay at home parents for not having to figure out what to do when kids get sick!

I am a bit concerned that he has a bright red rash on both of his cheeks. It doesn't really match up to the slapped cheek disease (fifths disease) symptoms though with all the barfing. Probably just a rash from whatever virus he has. But if it is fifths disease or something else it could kill my baby or cause birth defects. But...once again, nothing I can do about it anyway.

So please say some prayers for me for this job! I should know next week. I REALLY want this job! It sounds great.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Mamadru- I wouldn't worry too much about the dream. But if it makes you feel awkward around your doc then I say, do what makes you feel comfortable.
What a wonderful Christmas present. I wish someone would pay our rent for us too. :P

Jeanie- YAY! You get Christmas off! That's great! If you decide to go team green that's awesome! I could never hold out on knowing that. I'm the type of person that if I buy something for someone I HAVE to give it to them right then and there. LOL. You know like those kind of people you see in movies that blurt out what it is they got the person the second before they're done opening a present. I'm a dork like that. LOL.
Poor little guy is still sick. So sorry to hear that. Does he have any other symptoms other than the throwing up?
That's good news to hear the interview went well. KUP on what happens.

Beegee- How are you feeling? Any plans for Christmas?

AFM- As of today, 3:53 pm I am officially done with school. I now have an Associates in Accounting and a Bachelor's in Accounting! It's odd because I can't picture not being in school anymore. DH is pushing for me to get a job right away but I'm not ready to give up being at home with Cameron. I really do enjoy spending every minute with him. I pray that God lets me know what I am supposed to do.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:59 am

Camsmommy- Yay for being done with school! Congrats!!!! Maybe you could work from home? I hope whatever you choose to do you are happy with.
Jeanie- how is your ds doing? Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job. Good luck!

AFM- 12dpo today and getting bfp/bfn so I guess tomorow should tell.... a bit on the depressed side, a month ago today I got my bfp with our :angel: . I don't feel like doing anything but staying in bed and trying to get Jr to cuddle with me. We took jr to see santa yesterday, I'll post the pic after I get out of this funk that I'm in.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

8O :dunno: Thought af came today... df and I dtd to try and bring her on and after we were done I had a spot on the tp, so I thought she was here, but now cm has returned to creamy,lotion like and I feel like I'm going to puke and I'm starving... could I actually be prego? My ic this morning was BFN and af is now late!

Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm intrigued now mamadru. Please KUP.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am

Jumping in to update.... beta yesterday was 7... and then af came, doc said it was a chemical :( on to the next cycle... off to do finals.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm so sorry Mamadru.

Good luck on your finals! I just got my grades back and I got 2 A's! Super stoked to finish my college career that way!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Camsmommy, thats great on the grades! Great way to finish college.

I thought for sure that I was going to fail everything this semester because with the miscarriages and the move it was very hard to concentrate, but so far 3/4 grades are in and I got a c in my anatomy class and b's in mu cust. service and insurance classes... What is everyone doig with their L/o for the holidays?

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Anyone else amused by l/o every day? They are getting so big!!! C is starting to speak i sentences... 18mnth check up today... I have to share though yesterday c said why and I replied with why, ti went back and fourth like that for about a minute and then df said why Charlie looked at him and said "acuz" lol... hes currently in his room up from his nap saying uh-oh, probably dropped his "woobie" have a good day everyone!!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Camsmommy--congrats on being through with school! My dad is an accountant, and he loves it!

Mamadru-- I'm so sorry you have had another loss *hugs*. Good job on keeping your grades up throughout this!

AFM--DS is finally better. He was throwing up and having diarrhea for 10 or 11 days (and he's already very small...he was 21 lbs when we took him to the doctor for all of this).

I didn't get the job. :(

I have an interview tomorrow for a post-surg position and.....wait for it :) ....

AN INTERVIEW WITH THE MAYO CLINIC in January!!! For a NICU position! It would mean moving out of state, but that's just fine. We'd deal with it.

I tried to quit my job today. It's getting really really bad. I was the only nurse with no medication aide for 20 residents today. TWENTY. I turned in my letter with my 2 weeks notice.... then the boss gave me grief and I started crying and then somehow she talked me into staying but then said "oh are you sure? I don't want you to be stressed out..." Ugh. And she kept my letter. Wouldn't give it back. Oh well. DF and I are talking about just getting legally married so I can get benefits with him, but it would be after the end of this year. We still want a church wedding, but I won't fit in my wedding dress anymore (lol), and we want family and friends to come, so we are postponing the "real" wedding.

I am just about done with this job. I don't even get a break for lunch or a snack or anything for an 8-10 hour shift. It's getting hard to manage especially being pregnant. I told my boss that and she said I should just take a break. Ummm... okay and leave people in the middle of all their little personal crises? I can't walk out on someone who is crying to me because they hurt so bad, or family who has questions or concerns for me, etc...

Sorry for the rant. I'm always complaining about work. I'm sure you're all tired of hearing it. But I am actively trying to leave at least. Please keep me in your prayers for these two upcoming interviews! I know God will bring something our way.

As for DS being amusing, mamadru---YES! He cracks me up more and more every day. A new thing he is doing that melts my heart--he is asking for hugs! He'll say "hug?" with his arms outstretched, and we just can't resist! I will stop absolutely anything for one of his hugs! Also, we keep telling him to say hi to the baby in my belly and I've been asking him the last two days "What's in here?" pointing to my belly, and he yells "BABY!" and smiles and giggles! He also yells out "baby" anytime he sees a child about age 2 or younger.
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend