June 2010 mamas #3

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby mamadru10 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:58 am

Jeanie!!!! That is great news! I really hope you get the job with the mayo clinic. I'm glad your ds is feeling better. Wish your job now would be more understanding, I can't believe she is a woman and seems like she is having a hard time with you being pregnant. Could she just be bitter because something went wrong for her? I love the hugs, kisses and cuddles, seems like c is starting to be more interested in affection too and I think its great.

AFM- I'm so silly and forgetful. I rushed off to c's 18month appointment hoping that he gained weight and when we got there we were told it wasn;t till the 16th lol! So I guess today is the day, poor boy I hate when he needs shots, hopefully he won't today but I doubt that. He's too funny though if you tell him that he has to go to the doctor he says doctor and starts coughing and says doctor and then when you ask if hes sick he says ya sick couch, cough go doctor... I don't know where he got that from because none of us see the doctor frequently. His thing is needing to sit in our lap, so I drop everything to let him do it, had to tell dh to do the same! Oh and if we ask him if he wants to go shopping he says "sphopin...food, yum yum yum! I love being the mommy of a tot and can't wait till we have a newborn again.

FInely got around to uploading the pic so I wanted to share!

Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Mamdru- Thats great news that you passed your classes. And yes, Cam amuses me everyday. He is literally my little parrot. I have to watch what I say at times because he repeats everything! LOL.

Jeanie- Awesome! Working at the Mayo clinic would be too cool. Any job that you would be happy in would be awesome! KUP!

AFM- We are leaving for Dinsey World here in an hour! It's less than 2 hrs from where we live so it's only a weekend trip. Either way it's going to be great! I've never been and this is Cams first time there too. We are taking Cameron to the Very Merry Christmas Parade. SO excited!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby CamsMommy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 pm

I know that everyone is probably busy with Christmas plans and all but I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and if we don't get on before the New year, a very Happy New Year!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Merry (late) christmas to everyone... my holiday is over, I guess thats the upside of not having family close. The only visitor I will have won't show up till around new years eve bleh! I guess in some wasys I'm hoping she shows though, I could use a break from early M/Cs and chemicals! Hope everyone has a great holiday though.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!

We had a blast, and I was sad to see family time end so soon.

It's back to work (since Monday).

I'm in the second trimester now...wooohooo!

Hoping this all day m/s will start getting better soon! I threw up all my nice red lobster dinner last night (icky thing to throw up!). I feel blessed to have made it this far though, and will take sickness through the whole pregnancy if I have to.

Mamadru--I hope that one way or another, you get a break from the heartbreak this month. Thinking of you!
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:47 am

Boo for going back to work Jeanie, but at least being in the second tri means less worry. With Charles I was sick the whole time I was pregnant, I hope that isn't the case for you.

I did get a break this cycle yay! lol, the crazy things I get happy about... neg hpt on 12 dpo and then she showed up before I could even think to test yesterday. Yuck! What a way to start out the new year, but on a positive note at least I have no worries for almost two weeks. I can't wait to get back to school, I can't believe they give us about 6 weeks off for winter break, I would like to get it all over with already, then I guess I get to become the hated and either work for an insurance company or in a medical facility doing something with billing and admitting. Did anyone do anything spoecial for new years eve?

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi ladies! It's Jeanie. I had to do a name change due to some issues with DF and not wanting him to come on here to stalk me. I just need a place I can speak freely. Fortaleza means "strength of spirit" in Spanish, (and also "stench" I think, haha), and I thought it might be encouraging!

mamadru-glad you got a break. I feel weird being happy for someone getting a negative hpt, but you need a break after all of this recently! I hope you enjoy your time off of school. :) and yay for almost becoming the "hated" haha. Someone has to do it! And I'm glad we have people who train to do those sorts of things, or lots of institutions would cease to function!

For New Year's Eve the only thing special I did was stay up until midnight, lol. DF and I got in a big fight, but I enjoyed some sparkling grape juice at midnight. What did you do? Probably something more exciting than me!

Some more good news--I have another interview! I got a call today to set up an interview for a pediatrics position at the hospital. The interview is on Tuesday. My Mayo Clinic interview is a week from this coming Friday! Lots of excitement and possibilities coming up!

Hope you all have a blessed 2012! Happy New Year!
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Jeanie, I hope the issues with your df have calmed down, I do like your new name though. Grape juice sounds good too but my boys drank it all on me :/. Good luck with your interview tomorow I think I'm more excited about the interview you have comming on friday though. I think that would be a great place to work at, either way I hope you hear some good news soon.

New year's eve was actually horrible! jr was fussy and df was so intoxicated and annoying. I did have two pina coladas though :) but the champaign we had was so nasty!

oh... heres heartbreaking! Charlie got some sort of bug and vomited alot, he kept looking at up scared because he didn't know what he was doing or what to expect, it was like mama help me, make it stop. I felt so bad and then he just layed on the sofa with my pillow for a few days. Yesterday he started eating and playing again.

Back to school on the 23rd and I was looking over my schedule yesterday and noticed what could be a disaster waiting to happen. We have been lucky so far and I have been able to see jr and tuck him in every night and all that great stuff but with the way my classes are this semester that is going to be a problem. On wednes I'll be in school from 4-9 so I won;t be here to eat with him or tuck him in and then on thurs I'm in school from 7-10 so I won;t be home when he gets up either... if anyone has any suggestions I'm up for trying just about anything! On cd 10 now so I should O in 3 days, guess we know what I should be doing right now then :oops: anyways have a good night! I'll check back in soon

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Happy new year, you guys!

Oh my goodness, for some reason I haven't been getting notifications for this thread and I'm totally one of those out-of-sight-out-of-mind people, and then just today i thought "crap, I haven't heard from these girls in ages!" and realized I was 2 pages behind on things from the last month. DOH!

Mamadru, sorry to read that you had another chemical, boo! Hopefully you'll get that sticky bean soon. And poor Charlie getting so sick! I guess your classes are going to start soon. Hope the new schedule works out alright.

Jeanie, good luck at your Mayo interview, and I hope last Tues's interview went well. You need a job you can love! How's your pregnancy going? Feeling alright? Are you team green or will you find out the gender soon? Sorry your new years eve was so crappy. Mine was definitely nothing special; went to bed around 11 or so, and left DH watching tv alone, haha.

Camsmommy, how's it going? How was Disney World (a month ago, haha)? I bet Cam had a blast. Any major plans for 2012?

AFM, things are going pretty well over here. I cannot believe how big our LOs are all getting. We should share updated pics! (even though it's damn near impossible getting E to stand still for a photo, haha). I'm sure i can wrestle one up from somewhere.

We had a nice xmas holiday and I took the first week of Jan off work to relax since the Christmas season was so hectic. So I came back to work on the 9th and it's been go-go-go ever since, now that people/co-workers are starting to realize I'll be starting my second maternity leave in just 3 short months from now. YIKES, RIGHT? Where did the time go? I'm always saying that now, haha, I sound so old.

My pregnancy is going really well, and sadly it's been pushed to the backburner a bit since I've been so busy chasing a toddler and working fulltime. Honestly, if I didn't have to pee every 20 minutes I'd probably forget I was pregnant on some days :lol:

anyways, hope you girls are doing well. I love that we're keeping in touch!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:59 am

beegee- Long time no see! I have tons of pics of C... and yeah they are growing so fast. I can't believe your pregnancy is flying by like this. Did you decide team green? If not are you sharing the gender of your bub?

I have such a crazy tww going on.... I have been testing since 7dpo with ds tests (will share pics in a minute! I got a neg on 7dpo, silly me testing so early, but a faiiiint BFP on 8dpo... Here I am thinking that those tests are not reliable eventhough I have never had evaps, streaks or anything else go funky on the ones I have taken, I ran out yesterday and got a 2 pack of answers and after only an hour hold I poas and got a neg, then waited almost 3 hours and I'm not sure I see a line on the second one either but df says he did. He says I can't go buy anymore (I'm thinking I might get more ds tests) so... should I consider myself pregnant or not? I know different tests show different at different times... how long should I wait to do a cbe digi?.... I also have slight af feeling cramps, but its way too early for that... ok, ok heres the pic... sorry it's so big but I think it helps make it easier to see

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:55 am

Just wanted to update.... today my hpt was neg with fmu, I think it's safe to say that I'm not pregnant. IDK what happened, but I'm not going to go looking for explanations maybe I just had some bad tests.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:03 am

Sorry this wasn't your month Mamadru, maybe you'll get a Valentine's day BFP?
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:50 am

Af should be here today... I'm okay with that and maybe it was just a bad test who knows.... no big deal. I'm back in school again, 5 classes this semester and 4 are online. I'm hoping with so much to do I won;t think about ttc too much. C has been uhhhh, lol, I dunno how to describe him. Everything is mom, mama, mommy... it's like he forgot how to say dada. He climbs and scribbles and gets into everything. Hes eating much better now, i think even getting a lil chubby. I love that he trys to discover everything... oh and he's counting to 3 now :).... it feels great that he can do so much, but I'm reeally sad that our babies are growing up so fast. We watch the huggies potty video and the whole time I cry because after hes out of diapers he will just be a big boy :(.... ok now that I'm done venting how is everyone else doing?

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 am

Yeah, it's insane all the things they can do right now. E is all about both me and DH right now, she's so in love with us it seems, haha. Her sleeping has completely gone down the crapper (not that she ever slept thru the night much anyways), but other than that we're all good. She's got a few more words than she used to, which is a constant source of entertainment; hearing that little voice is too damn cute.

I forget, Mamadru-- what are you taking in school?
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Jeanie- How did the interviews go?

Mamadru- Sorry that this wasn't your month. With as big of a school load as your taking your going to be completely distracted. You're super mom/student. What classes are you going to be taking?

Beegee- Long time no hear! How is everything going with you and the pregnancy?

AFM--I'm on the hunt for a daycare. I figure I can check them out and then I can start applying for jobs. DH is pushing me to get a job and I get so frustrated. He says it doesn't matter if it's part time or full time just as long as it's in my field. He sees it as whats the point of having a degree if your not going to use it. I get it, but I don't trust anyone with Cam. I worked in daycares before and I would never trust my child to be in the ones I worked in. I want for Cam to be able to tell me if the caretakers are being mean to him.
Its an inner battle I'm facing here. I feel guilty for looking for daycares. Ugh...I feel so awful and torn. I wish that there were a simple solution that would satisfy all people involved.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES