June 2010 mamas #3

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby mamadru10 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 am

Camsmommy- Thats a tough decision to make. Maybe you can ask other people that you know in the area about daycare? or maybe get a job opposite your dh's hours? I honestly don't know what I would do if I was in your situation.
Beegee- C still gets up at night too. I wonder if they will ever sleep a good nights sleep. I absolutely love all the words that he says though. hows your preg going? You get to take mat leave soon right?

AFM- No big deal that af showed, I have to see my doc in feb anyways... tyhey have to do a repeat pap because the one they did 6 months ago came back with abnormal cells... they sis their bi-opsy and doc said it wasn't anything major at the time but they wanted to keep an eye on things for a while. My major is Health Care Business Services (associates degree). I did all the fun classes and now it's the financial and record keeping stuff that I'm working on now, except this human diseases class seems like it will be interesting... speaking of I gotta get my butt to class, I have 3 of my classes with the head of my program and there is no way I want to disappoint her when she will be the one pretty much deciding my future.
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 pm

:hi: .... is there some secret board that I don't know about? Or is everyone really that busy??

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm still here. I've been trying to get things squared away before I officially start applying for jobs. (EEEK!)
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Beegee » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Haha you know i've wondered if there was some other board all the members went to too! The Off Topic forum used to be so busy and now it's quiet as a mouse.

Things are so nuts here right now. Can't remember if i told you guys, but DH quit his job in Aug to go back to school and we're now in Month 6 of single income hell (mine), budgeting like mad while i work full time and he's buried in the books (computer science)... while we try to pull off being a good mom and dad to E and grow another healthy baby. It's so freakin exhausting. AND, I don't know if i totally bitched about this yet (I try to keep my whining to a minimum) but DH's mother is flying in from Greece in March to stay with us FOR TWO MONTHS. Shoot me now, please. So add another extravagant mouth to feed and person to support. Sheesh. Mother-in-law in my small house for two months while I have my second baby is not my ideal situation... but I can't fight it because Dh never gets to see his family and frankly we could use the help (well, 2 weeks, not 2 months) when this baby arrives. But what we didn't need was to PAY for her flight here (there goes a THOUSAND dollars when we're living off of one piddly income). With the current economic situation in Greece, his parents have no free cash yet are totally comfortable spending our money, which is infuriating. It's actually a really long story but I'll save you the time/details and just sum it up with: I'm so, so annoyed.

So that's what's been keeping me busy over this way!

Camsmommy, good luck with the job hunt!

Mamadru, I hope everythign's okay with your abnormal pap results. I hate that; have totally had to deal with that before... ughhhhhhhhhhh. Colposcopies and biopsies and ughhhhhhh. Hopefully it's all good.

Jeanie, any word on the job interviews? How'd they go?
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi ladies! I keep meaning to update but have just been super busy.

My good news? I GOT THE JOB AT THE MAYO CLINIC IN THE NICU!

My bigger, better news? :) found out IT'S A GIRL!

Life is awesome right now. Work sucks as always, but I won't have to deal with them for too much longer.

I told them in my interview that I was pregnant and they didn't even care! In fact, they offered me my choice of start dates. I'm going to start at the beginning of April so that I can be oriented into the job before the baby comes. I think it will be easier to do before I'm completely sleep deprived. Also, I will get their awesome insurance, which will really help out with having this baby (my current insurance sucks).

So I'm in a blur of work, pack, paperwork, online househunting, online looking for daycares, etc. I have so much to do! We will try to move mid to late March. Across the country! I had to do lots of work to get a new nursing license for Minnesota. There's tons more paperwork, too.

We are going to MN in a little less than a week and will be there for 4 days (one day traveling up, one day traveling back, two days there). During that time I will have a preemployment physical, drug screen, and HR paperwork. We also are planning to meet with 3 people to discuss daycare. Also, we will be having to find a place to live too! All that in basically 2 days. It's nuts. But that's all the time we can get off of work and all the time that the Mayo Clinic will pay for (yes they will reimburse both me and DF for the trip, even though we aren't legally married!). I will probably turn in my 2 weeks at work when we get back and try to just work into the first day or two into March so that I don't have to pay COBRA rates for insurance for March. That job is putting me in bad situations where I'm afraid my nursing license could be in jeopardy.

AND I found out on Friday we are having a precious little girl. One of each now! I was quiet on the boards because I had to go to the ER at 18 weeks something and they printed me an ultrasound report (but wouldn't let me see ANY of the ultrasound but that's another story) that said they couldn't visualize a brain. Well, they saw a brain on our scan on Friday! THANK THE LORD!!!!

I would have been happy with a boy or a girl, but I am excited to try the girl thing next!

Beegee--wow things sound crazy at your place right now! You are a SAINT for dealing with your husband's family. That is insane. I can't believe they expect you to pay for all of that. I can't believe they are staying for 2 months! And if I remember correctly, they planned a really expensive wedding for you and then stuck you with the bills, too, right? You seem to be doing a great job dealing with it... Feel free to vent all you want!!!

Camsmommy--I hope you figure out the daycare/work situation. Go with your heart and with your gut. Ultimately, that's what we have to do as parents. It must be hard feeling one way and having your DH wanting you to do another! Let us know how things are going...

Mamadru--Good luck with the follow up pap! I have seen a lot of those come through when I am working at the birth and women's center. Most of the time it's nothing. But a really really important thing to keep an eye on. Hope all is well.

Glad to hear it's not just my baby that is a horrible sleeper these days! But sorry to hear you all are having problems, too. I figured DS just thought he'd get us ready for the new baby...haha...
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Jeanie! What wonderful news! Congrats on the job (FINALLY!!!! so glad you can quit your current place) and congrats on the baby girl! Oh I am so, so excited for you. That mayo clinic sounds amazing. I'm so happy you got a break! What will DF do in the new city when you move? Fantastic that they're going to pay for everything and that you'll have insurance and everything before hte new baby arrives!

What an absolute scare you must have had with that ultrasound. How on earth could they have made a mistake like that? That is just horrifying. Thank god everything is okay!!!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Congrats Jeanie!!! I'm over the moon for you! See everything fell into place.

How terrifying about the whole scare at 18 weeks and am glad that everything is ok.

Beegee- I'm so sorry that you are going through all that mess. I will be praying for you and hope that things get easier for you guys.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby CamsMommy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Oh one more thing. I thought I'd get your input on this.

I don't believe (nor does DH) in the whole paranormal thing but my Mom and majority of my family do believe in it. Cam has been staring at this certain spot on the wall. I thought that maybe there was something on the wall or some glare or something but nothing was there and just left it alone. But over the course of the last week or so he has been staring at that same spot, laughing, and talking to it. It's now starting to weird me out. I mean he's not crying or getting scared and has only been happy talking and whatever to it. Thoughts? Opinions? Do you believe in spirits or ghosts? What would you do in this situation? DH doesn't think anything of it but he isn't here during the day and see how much he interacts with the wall (that sounds funny, :lol: )

Gonna X Post in off topic too.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Beegee » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Bahh! that's so creepy, Camsmommy! Hahaha, it could totally be nothing, of course, but I get why you're scratching your head over this. I'm totally not a believer of the paranormal either, but that's really funny. If it's any consolation, Eleni will have jibberish conversations to seemingly no one as well. I'm so going to be looking for signs of her talking to a ghost from now on though! :)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 am

Jeanie! Great news!!!! I just knew you were going to get that job and congrats on the lil girl, you must be excited! It sounds like things are working out for you. MN isnt too far away from me haha oh yeah by now you should know that er docs suck! But I'm glad everything turned out good.

Beegee- do you guys get financial aid for school at ll? Were using mine and it helps quite a bit... waiting on a huge check now as a matter of fact. I hear ya about money and family though, I try to keep the two seperate and so far its working.

Camsmommy- I hope you find something you like for work, it can be such a pain to find a job but I think after you get out there you might enjoy it.

ok, I don't think I missed anything, not much going on my way, this month we are taking a more relaxed approach with ttc... but I'm starting to worry a bit. With infertility I wonder if they start from the time you had a m/c or from the time you started ttc, either way I'm thinking that if were not lucky by july then were just going to quit. So much homework to do all the time now. I will hopefully be done by this time next year though... speaking of df is sitting here glaring in my direction waiting for the comp. Have a good day everyone.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beegee » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:50 am

Hey Mamadru, I'm glad you guys are gonna take a relaxed approach to ttc. I think with your history of chemicals plus your high stress from school and being a busy mom, that your body could use a little relaxation! Regarding infertility issues, I remember reading in a post somewhere from a woman in the UK who already had a healthy baby but was TTCing number 2. And her doctors wouldn't look into her IF issues until she'd had at least three miscarriages. And they didn't count early losses/chemicals as "real" miscarriages. They meant losses within the 7-12 week time frame or so. It was obviously very stressful for her; pretty much waiting to miscarry (while hoping she wouldn't, obviously) just for someone to treat her. But that was in the UK, I have no idea what they do in the US. Hopefully your body will figure out what it's doing soon and you'll get your baby in 2012!

Oh yeah, and we totally didn't qualify for financial aid. What was funny was when DH was applying for some bursaries/scholarships and whatnot, all of the forms asked us what our parents' salaries were. We had a good laugh over that; as if at our age our parents had anything to do with our tuition fees, haha! I never even had help from my parents for school when I was 18, nevermind 33!
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

AHHHHH ok, mamas... has nayone elses l/o learned how to climb out of their crib yet? It's on the lowest setting and today we heard him talking and then heard THUD and a whimper followed by a scream.... when we got him calmed down "I cwim, I fol was what came out of his mouth (I climb, I fall) so does this mean that I need to get him into a toddler bed now? Have never been a fan of the nets and whatnot I think they are a safety hazard!

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Well, I know that nobody posts here anymore but I thought I would let you gals know that.....

invert

original

And today I got two more faint lines! Had df poas too and it was neg, same box my ++ came from this afternoon :)

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

EEEK! Pee, pee, pee, and pee some more! After said peeing, post your sticks here. :lol:

No Cam hasn't even thought about climbing out of his crib. I have been contemplating transitioning him to a toddler bed though. One that has higher railings on both sides that can be taken off. I was recently told about a sliding toddler bed that is sold at Ikea. I might take a look into that one. It is adjustable length wise and ends at a twin size bed.
My only concern with that is him getting out of bed and playing with his toys. lol.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 pm

That bed sounds interesting. We were at target and they had a cars2 bed and once charles seen it he insisted that we buy it. I don't like the rails on it, but so far he is eager to take naps and go down for the night. I'm still in denial about being preggers again... those tests are blue dye, buuut frer just keeps giving me this wacky white line. Maybe all 3 of the tests I took were evaps, and all well within the time limit too? IDK, back in november I got my pos on the same blue dye before frer would even show anything.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES