June 2010 mamas #3

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby CamsMommy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:12 pm

When I was testing with Cam, the blue dye came up right away. It wasn't for several days that the frer picked up anything. I guess it's a hit or miss with those. But in the mean time I am sending you tons of :babydustg: and :luck: KUP!

I think I have pics of them if you'd like to see them.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 am

I always love seeing pics! I got a neg with fmu today and then with smu I got amother faint line.... i think ill run and get another box of frer eventhough i don't trust them. Seems every one of them has a white line when it gets wet and stays that way, so i can't tell if there is anything or not :mad:
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:25 am

Awe, keep peeing! :lol:
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Jeanie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Sorry again that I'm so slow on this board. I'm just really busy these days.

mamadru--I've heard a lot of women get positives on blue dyes first! Let us know how this goes. You are in my prayers for another take home baby.

beegee--LOL at them wanting your parent's incomes still! That's stupid! We are grown adults and our parents are certainly not paying for our schooling! Sorry you don't qualify for financial aid! Also--in response to your questions--DF will most likely be a stay at home dad for a while after we move. His job transfer didn't go as planned and he was going to take a big pay cut to the point where we would be spending more for childcare than he would be making. They were offering him a job way below what he normally does now. He will keep his eyes open for a better job, and in the meantime enjoy the time home with the kiddo! We are blessed that this new job of mine should be sufficient to support our household. And I'll only be working 3 shifts a week. I won't have to work two jobs anymore!

AFM--We went to Minnesota this week and found a place to live. It's smaller but seems to be safe and have some good amenities. Childcare was a no-go. People are fricken nuts. People are fricken nuts that they think they can act crazy and still expect you to pay them gobs of money to watch your kids! But since DF's job isn't working out, and he will get to stay at home, we have some more time to figure out childcare when we get there, in case DF finds a job he likes soon (he won't stay at home forever, it's not his style...would drive him nuts). I put in my notice to my current job and my last day will be March 3rd!!! My second job, I haven't given notice too just yet since I may want to pick up a shift here or there for a few extra bucks before we move. SO glad to have officially told the place I work full time at that I QUIT and I'll be out soon!

Baby is kicking and DF felt her kick for the first time just a few days ago. I can't believe I'm over halfway through this pregnancy! Time flies...
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Jeanie- everyone is busy nowadays. I think I only get to post so much because this semester most of my classes are online. AHH.... You said your having a girl?? Thats so great! 7 months now ttc for me and haven't been to see the doc in almost 6, he was confident that I would be pregnant before my recheck but other than my m.c and chem he was wrong it seems. I'm so putting off going back because i'm afraid my mc 3 months ago is still an open wound most days and I know that he will bring it up. Where abouts in MN are you moving if you don't mind me asking? I'm so happy for you, the job sounds great. I knew you would eventually find something that was deserving of you. Still no real answer for me, af should be here sunday though so I guess if she shows I will be making a few nasty calls to some hpt companies.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 pm

mamadru--how did things turn out? I'm sorry this has been such a long road for you...I am blessed that conceiving our two has been so easy. I know I take that for granted sometimes, and I really really shouldn't. We are moving to Rochester, MN where the Mayo clinic is based.
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 pm

my BFP were getting a lil darker for a bit after af was late... and then she showed up. Now 1-5 dpo, I have an apt for a repeat pap on the 22nd along with a thyroid test.... darn cervical dysplasia, right now the doc is just keeping an eye, biopsy wasn't great but nothing serious yet. We are hoping that it don't keep growing because it would be hard to have a baby without a cervix :(. It will be 8 months we have been ttc when I see the doc, and so far just a few chemicals and an angel baby, guess it's all a waiting game now.

Thats great that you will be close to work, and you get to work at the Mayo Clinic! Hows your bub doing? My Df stays at hime with charlie and things work out okay. I can't wait to hear how the move goes for you. I'm even more excited for when you get to meet your new babe and show us pics!

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jeanie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 am

Oh no...another chemical? I'm so sorry. This sucks (and that's and understatement).

I hope that cervical dysplasia doesn't get any worse either. It sounds like it's been a tough bit for you!

AFM--DS is doing well...but his tantrums are driving me up the wall! It's no no no all the time, and screaming to try to get his way. I feel like an awful parent! Just bought the book "Happiest Toddler on the Block" but haven't had time to read it yet. We don't give in to his tantrums or pay him tons of attention for throwing fits. He gets bullied at daycare and pushed down and this girl takes his food, etc.... and I think he's learning this bad behavior there trying to defend himself. Thank goodness he won't be at that daycare much longer now because the provider is taking too many babies and can't handle it. When I dropped DS off the other day, I heard her yelling at an infant to shut up. A baby! Jeesh. I don't believe she'd hurt DS, but I do believe she is overstressed and taking too many kids (past her legal licensing limit for sure).

So....anyone have any advice for the tantrums/terrible almost two's?
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:27 am

Sounds like your right about the behaviors stemming from daycare. Charles does throw his lil tantrums too, we make sure he's safe, remind him that we don't know how to help unless he uses big boy words and walk away until he is done. It has calmed things down a bit.. but he still gets angry at times. Most of the time he has a meltdown its because he is either hungry or tired other than that it's not too bad.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby psarahm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:03 pm

When luc starts getting upset and i think it's heading toward a tantrum, i start by getting down to her level and validating her. i look her in the eye and say 'mommy knows you're upset, you're SO ANGRY that you can't have a cookie right now... OHHHHHH, baby, LOOK! Do you see that BIRD outside the window there? it's talking! i think it's saying hello to us! HEY lets go check out that book over there on the couch, would you like to read it?" or something equally as exciting, lol. often just putting her frustration into words does wonders. distraction is an amazing tool. staying upbeat and SUPER enthusiastic about something else... pretty much always works. that other percentage of the time when that doesn't work i pick her up and love on her. it's normally because she's overly tired or hungry and just needs a snack. or maybe just snuggles. being little can be overwhelming and frustrating sometimes. I guess I don't understand how ignoring things helps. it seems that it would build on the frustration, and then our LO's just kinda give up. :( i would hate to be ignored like that if i was so upset, ya know?
psarahm

June 2011 mom, need help!

Postby LindsayHollis » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

Hi guys!

Im a June 2011 mom and I just wanted to ask you guys a favor. My family entered a nationwide contest to try to win a $30,000 donation to Children's Hospital! Its a 30 second dance video. All i need you guys to do is just click the link and then the VOTE button. No registering or anything, and you can vote once a day! Please help us out.. and enjoy watching my cuties!

thanks

http://danceoff.primroseschools.com/vid ... arm-boogie
Me: 31 DH: 36

DD1: born August 6, 2009
DD2: born June 10, 2011

TTC #1 - 9 months
TTC #2 - BFP 1st month 8O
TTC #3 - 9 months - BFP!! EDD December 6th 2015!!!
LindsayHollis
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Jeanie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

psarahm--so good to hear from you again! It's been a while!

Thanks to you and mamadru for the suggestions about the tantrums. We have really been trying to simplify our speech with DS when he throws a fit. We try to ask him what he wants and if he doesn't say, then we go through a standard list of things that might be bothering him. It does seem that he usually needs food, sleep, or attention. It's easier on him if we ask him yes or no questions (Do you want to eat? Do you want to go night night? Do you want a drink?).

And like suggested, distractions sometimes work wonders. I guess it's all day by day learning as these little people grow up!
DS-3
DD-1

Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 am

OMG.... Keep your fingers crossed for me ladies!

psarahm- I can see your point on how ignoring won't help, but I think with as much as they have to explore/learn sometimes it's just a frustration that they have to let go of. I usually know if charlie is hungry or tired and if that's the case then we take care of him, but I think he sometimes just wants to vent too, like adults do when we have a bad day, the difference is that they have difficulties with dealing with it all. We used to try to snuggle and all that gave was some owies to mommy and daddy along with a baby that just wanted us to leave him be for a few minutes.

Jeanie- How are things going for you?

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 am

Fingers are crossed for you mamadru!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mamadru10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 am

ACK! With all the excitement I forgot to post the pic of the test I took the next day! The sory of it all is quite funny! The weather was really warm here and af was a day late the first time I poas... I just knew I wasnt pregnant, kept saying that it was just because the change in the weather, but DF kept saying I was preggers... said my mood swings were too bad for me not to be... so I took that dollar store test to prove him wrong and suprise lol you see the result. well I was keeping the test to show my doctor but the line faded to what looked like an evap over night so I had df go get me the test below... It's also for sure positive! So far things are going great I feel like crap and I love it lol! I get to suprise my doctor today because I didn't bother calling him to let him know (remember he said I would be pregnant by the time I came in for my recheck). He will probably do a series of beta for me and if the numbers are high enough hopeuflly i can talk him into a scan :)... I think this is it guys, I think this baby is going to make it.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES