June 2010 Mamas #4

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby mamadru10 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Wanted to pop in quick, had my cervical lengthening sono today and tech said its a lil girl I'll update on everyting else in the morning
Matthew Glenn 09/02/1999 33w3d
Charles thomas Jr- 6/1/10- born 37w2d!
Alexandria Isabella- 11/21/12 39 weeks

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 am

Yay! Congrats! :happyforyou:
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Jeanie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 am

:) congrats on the little girl!!!!!

AFM--still preggo!
DS-3
DD-1
Angel baby grew wings 6/30/13

Cautiously expecting again, due 5/1/14!
Jeanie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm

I took a peek into the June DDC and Jeanie is in labor! How exciting!
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby psarahm » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Wondering how your birth went, Jeanie!!! I've been lurking for an update :)
psarahm

Postby Beegee » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Hey girls!

Hope you're all doing well... congrats Jeanie!!! And Mamadru, congrats on the little girl and sorry to read that you and your man are having problems.

Im so sorry to be so mia. Life is so busy, and im back to typing with one hand since i'm usually holding my little Amalia in the other. She is almost 3 months old already! Things are going very well with her, she is such an easy baby-- quite opposite her sister! :) Eleni though, has kept me more busy than her newborn sister... turns out toddlers are nuts, eh!? But wonderful and hilarious too, of course:) We are currently potty training-- are any of you guys doing this?

some Amalia spam!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby psarahm » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:34 pm

congrats on the new little one, beegee, she's adorableeeee!!!

we're potty training.... about 90% of the way there! Lucy is still in diapers for naptime/bedtime, and is wet most of the time upon waking. She's averaging about 1 accident every one-two weeks while she's awake. :) It's been an ongoing thing, but we're just going with the flow and keeping her in her undies and she's doing awesome!
psarahm

Postby Beegee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:31 am

That's great that the potty training is going so well! We're doing pretty much the same here-- no more diapers except for bedtime. She has maybe one accident a day or every other day, but we've only been PT'ing for 2 weeks and she's even dry at naps, so no complaints from me! I'm really amazed at how quickly she picked it up, to be honest. We went cold turkey from diapers, so I didn't know what to expect. I found 'gradual' approach to PT just wasn't going to happen bc she had ZERO intererst in the potty or toilet. I've had the potty out in the open with us since Christmas, and she was not loving that thing like I thought she would, haha. Oh well, I've never PT'ed a kid before and it's going great, so we're happy!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:20 am

Sorry to barge in but I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I was in the June 2010 due date group but I lost track of you guys somehow.

Beegee your girls are beautiful! How's it going with two at home now??

Jeanie congrats on the new baby!

Mamadru - I see you are having a girl. Yay. Girls are so much fun.

Camsmommy - How is Cameron doing? It is so hard to believe that they are two already! I wish we could keep them little just a bit longer!

I haven't really committed to potty training yet. I need to. I can't even get Avery off of the boob! I'm STILL nursing her! I am due in December and if at all possible I'd love to wean her, potty train her and get her in her own bed before then. Think that's possible. I'm not sure in what order to do those!!??

It's nice to see everyone is doing well. Take care. Now that I've found you I will pop in from time to time!

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby Beegee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:28 am

Hey Thirdtimesacharm! Glad to see you're still around and congrats on the newest pregnancy! I'd totally potty train now if you can, or else wait til after the new baby's here. I've read that if you PT close to the birth of a new baby then there will probably be major regression when you bring baby home... so if you tried now, then there'd be 5 months for her to get it down pat. And if it doesn't take, then you can just try again in the new year! And hey, congrats on nursing this long!
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamadru10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 am

Beegee- wow I can't believe your new baby is already almost 3 months old, one of my fav parts is the craziness we get with our tots. Glad to see things are going well for you.

psarahm- They say it can take some time to get them to stay accident free and not to go during the night, rough road but hang in there.

thirdtimesacharm- Maybe you could wean while helping her transition to her own bed. Kids will pt on their own time so i wouldn't worry about it too much, there has never been a kid in kindergarten that still wears diapers.

Jeanie- I hope you are doing well and enjoying your new baby.

AFM- Things are actually going great for the most part. DF and I splitting up was for the best, besides we have both actually moved on (crazy sounding I know). We are both back with the people that we always wanted to be with and doing well with working out our visitation stuff for Charlie. Had the anatomy scan on tuesday and tech confirmed girl, I'm over the moon about it but were a bit worried because I started having ctrx just after the last scan, cervix was at 3.4 then and it's now 3.1... I'm taking it easy though now. Charlie is refusing to pt yet, but boys usually take a bit longer he is such a trip though I have no clue where he gets the words he says from but I love it. Guess thats about it for now.

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CamsMommy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Beegee- Amalia is so beautiful! I love your avitar picture of both girls in the bed. So cute! Oh the joys of potty training.

Psarahm- How did you start potty training?

Thirdtimesacharm- Welcome back! Cam is doing great! Growing like a weed! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Mamadru- All that matters is that you and Charlie are happy! Yay a girl!

AFM-We just finished moving into our new place and we are so excited! Cam absolutely LOVES it here. We are about 95% done unpacking.
No potty training for us...yet. I want to take it slow. He has been showing interest but I'm letting him guide me. I want to get him into a toddler bed first. He hasn't tried climbing out of his crib so selfishly I want to keep him in his crib. I know the second I put him into a toddler bed he'd be out of it in two seconds.
Me, 33 Hubby, 34
CamsMommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Beegee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:59 am

Hey Camsmommy! Yay to an awesome new place! I TOTALLY hear you on waiting to move him out of the crib-- Eleni's still in the crib too. That crazy kid still fights every nap and bedtime so there's no way she'd be up for staying in an un-barred bed... I can foresee all the problems when we move her out of the crib. Although I kind of look forward to the simplicity of seeing her climb up into her bed at night and maybe reading a book with her in it, etc. But I know it's just too soon for us right now. And so for that reason, she'll be in diapers at night for awhile; can't encourage no-peeing-the-bed-at-nighttime if she can't even get out to go use the toilet!

Yeah, i didn't anticipate PTing Eleni so soon, thinking she'd be in dipes a lot longer, but frankly i got sooooooo tired and frustrated fighting with her at diaper changes. She didn't want to be in a wet dipe but didn't want us to change her, so we'd have these dramatic meltdowns at each change, complete with her freaking out, kicking and flailing, etc., EVERY change. Oy. Exhausting! So that was that, one day I got the idea in my head and couldn't let it go... it was time!
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby psarahm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:22 pm

I just decided one day that we were done with diapers during the day. :) I stuck her on the potty every few minutes until she peed for the first time, and she got the hang of it pretty quickly... We never looked back. Outings made me nervous, but in the fourish months she's been out of diapers, she's only had one accident away from home. I just make sure if she has an accident I don't make a big deal about it, just wipe her down and clean pair of undies. At first I acted super unbelievably happy when she'd go and she would get an m&m, but she stopped asking (most of the time) and I stopped offering. I also found a book at a library sale about a little boy potty training that she's pretty obsessed with. We know it by heart now, and when she poops on the potty we talk about the little boy in the book pooping on the potty. i didn't expect potty training to be a continual thing, i thought it was something that might be *kinda* hard, but that once she got it we were good to go, but now i realize that it's pretty continual lol. someone sent me an e-book to my email that had a lot of awesome tips that i took to heart. :) if anyone is interested i can pass it along!
psarahm

Postby mamadru10 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

anyone have any advice on how I can get charlie started? He is so not interested, still have the bink to wean from too, I'm just at a loss because he will not cooperate yet. :dunno: :help:

mamadru10
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES