Summer 2015 babies :)

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Summer 2015 babies :)

Postby nymeria » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 am

Hi everybody,

I am new to this side of the forum and a little shy to crash an existing thread. As I loved the TTC forum and found so much support there, I hope to make a similar experience here. Who wants to join me?

A little bit about me: I am 30 years old and I am pregnant for the very first time in my life. It is an exciting experience and I am really grateful and happy. I also have tons of questions and little fears and would love to be part of an active community here on the forum as I didn't tell anybody in real life yet (Except my husband of course :D ) He is 37 btw and we are married for 3 years now.

Two days ago I had my first doctors appointment and saw my little poppy seed for the first time. I was crying like a baby. Cannot wait to go back there in two weeks. I really hope we will be able to see the heartbeat by then ( I will be 7 weeks 5 days), is that realistic?
Symptomwise I am pretty lucky so far: no nausea, only tender boobies, hunger and fatigue. How are you ladies feeling?

Oh I should mention that I live in Germany (I am German), so I might have awkward timing replying sometimes :)
nymeria

Re: Summer 2015 babies :)

Postby kittypie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Hi Nymeria,

I am in the same boat, older (36) and first pregnancy, haven't really told anyone apart from a friend who is a GP/OB, always handy to have in your life aye?

I feel tired and a little off, but not super nauseated, and to be honest, the tiredness could be sleep debt anyway, so I don't really feel that different. I am about 6 weeks along I think, and am seeing the dr on Monday afternoon.

I am in Canada, but I am Australian.
kittypie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby nymeria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:37 am

Hey kittypie,

wow, you are far away from home.How come? I am also six weeks along, my EDD is the 24th of July. and yours? As my own birthday is between Christmas and New Year's as a kid I was always jealous of the summer children. I am so happy for this baby that it will be able to celebrate in the sunshine.

This is great, that you have an OB as friend :) My oldest sister is a midwife. She doesn't know yet that I am pregnant, but I cannot wait to pelt her with questions and ask her for all kinds of free samples, haha.

Monday afternoon you will probably already see a lot :D Is your partner coming as well? my husband missed the first exam and allthough there wasn't that much to see yet, he was quite bummed.

Do you also have these instances of insomnia? Every other night I wake up around 3 or 4 am and my mind races :?

When do you plan to tell everybody? Friends, family, work? Who will be the first and who will be the last to know?

Have a beautiful day.
nymeria

Postby KyotoGirl » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Nymeria,

Thanks for starting this thread! :) It's to have a happy, safe forum for venting and being excited!

I'm 36 and newly pregnant with our third child. DS, Xavier, is 5. DD, Vanessa, is 3. DH and I have been together for 18 (!) years, married for 12. We live in Connecticut now, but previously enjoyed an academic nomadic lifestyle during our graduate school years that had us living in Virginia, Arizona, Texas, and Japan!

We've told two friends and my husband's sister so far. But, I think it will be a secret from everyone else until the end of the 1st trimester. My first OB appt isn't until 12/23, so I guess my nerves and anxiety will continue until then. :)
DS - 5
DD - 3
Baby #3 Due either 7/24/15 or 8/1/15

KyotoGirl
Friend

Postby nymeria » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Hey Kyoto, so great to have you here :D

Wow, 18 years, that's amazing!! What is your secret?? :wink: DH and I are only together for 4 years, married 3 years and it seems like yesterday that we met. I would love to have three kids as well in the next 5 years. How do you guys manage your academic careers with three children?

I am not sure if I can wait until the end of the trimester, I think I will tell most people around Christmas or on my birthday if everything goes well until then. Tomorrow I will go on a little road trip with two pretty good girlfriends of mine - I wonder if I will be able to keep my mouth shut. I told my oldest sister today, the one who is a midwife, and she told me pretty directly to only share the good news with people with whom I would also share bad news... Well, I try to push all anxiety away and be optimistic.

My next appointment is on 12/10. Why do they make you wait so long?? How do you feel symptomwise?
Have a nice weekend.
nymeria

Postby KyotoGirl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:27 pm

No amazing secret, just stubbornness on both our parts. :)

And, as far as managing everything with the two kids - we've just lowered our standards. The house is often a mess. I rarely wear makeup or blow-dry my hair these days. DH often works nights or weekends to catch up at work (esp. since he's submitting his tenure dossier this spring!) We're usually really slow on responding to emails/voicemails from friends and family. And, we don't get to do as much of the socializing/just relaxing things that we'd like to. But, the chaos is (usually) worth it! ;)

Your sister's advice is good, I think. Though, for me, almost anyone I'd want to share the good news with is also someone I'd feel comfortable sharing the bad with.

I'm not sure why everyone else seems to have earlier appts than I do. But, with all three pregnancies, my OB's policy was that the first prenatal visit should be around 8 weeks. 12/23 will be 8 wks, 3 days for me. I think they want to make sure to be able to see the heartbeat and get decent data for a U/S due date estimate to compare with the LMP due date. Then, I'll insist they go with the later of the two (if they differ) because both my kids were late (40 weeks, 3 days and 41 weeks) and I'd rather not be induced if I don't have to.

The waiting is awful though. I keep checking out this site (http://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12) to try to put my mind at ease.
DS - 5
DD - 3

KyotoGirl
Friend

Postby nymeria » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:02 am

Haha, stubbornness sounds convincing :D

It sounds like you and your husband really know how to prioritize. I am so excited about the wave of chaos to hit DH and me... No matter how many kids I babysitted before, I still have no idea how much our lives will change. So exciting :)

Thank you so much for the link. It is somehow reassuring how much the risk already decresed since the day I found out. I am really looking forward to tell everybody. For my parents-in-law and for my dad it will be the very first grandchild. And my baby sister (who is actually not a baby anymore but rather a tall freaking teenager of 12 years) will be beside herself :D But I will wait to tell them until Christmas. For now I will only tell my closest friends.

Besides being happy and nervous at the same time, I feel pretty exhausted today. I am hungry all the time and if I don't get to eat quickly I get really queasy. In addition I really have trouble sleeping through the night which adds to the fatigue during the day. Does anybody know a cure for this part time insomnia?

I have another general question. Does any of your partners smoke? And how do you handle that? DH only smokes 2 or 3 cigs a day, but the smell makes me nauseaous and I am pretty paranoid about second hand smoke. So now we decided that he will only smoke in his little office, but I wish I would know a way to make him quit completely...

Oh and Kittypie, how was your appointment??

Have a lovely day ladies.
nymeria

Postby kittypie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi Ladies,

My appointment was fine, Tim (my husband) was there too, it was just touching base and given the ultrasound and bloodwork forms to get sorted, I will arrange the ultrasound for next week probably, when I can fit it in around work. I think my due date is the 28th July, but that is just a guess based on when I think I ovulated based on nothing more than EWCM and ovulation pain, based on my LMP it would be the 17th of July or something, but I am sticking with the later date for now, it doesn't really matter.

I am in Canada for work, it finishes in February after which I am heading home, which will be about 4 months in so that is not too bad.

I still haven't told anyone else because all of my family are so far away, although Tim told his sister (she is a doctor), but haven't told the parents yet, it is early days and it still doesn't feel real, (maybe after the ultrasound it will..), I like the advice of telling people you wouldn't mind telling sad news to. I think I will tell a couple of our friends here soon, they are good friends and it is getting hard to hide the not drinking thing (I am Australian afterall ;) ;P)
kittypie
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lauren818 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:21 am

Nymeria & Kyoto - HI!!!! I'm preggo too and I found you!! :)

Kittypie - nice to meet you!

Our EDD is August 5 and I'm officially 5 days today; our first ultrasound is in two weeks! I was able to tell my parents but have otherwise only told a handful of people mainly because they knew we were trying and were politely trying to NOT ask how it was going!

Just got my first round of bloodwork back from yesterday - HCG was 960 @ 18 dpo but nurse wants me to come back tomorrow to check it again as they "like to see it in the thousands" so now I'm super nervous. Progesterone was up to 28 (WOOO!) which the nurse said was excellent given the lousy 4.8 before I started supplements!
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

Beta #1 (18 dpo): 994
Beta #2 (20 dpo): 2550
Beta #3 (21 dpo): 4005

U/s 1: 12/16/14 - 6w6d by LMP; measuring 6w. Fetal pole 4.5mm and HB of 108!
U/s 2: 1/28/15 - 13w by LMP; measuring 12w6d! HB of 148-153 and lots of wiggles!

2/2/15 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!! + InformaSeq results all negative!

U/s 3: Measuring behind again but looks great - sucks her left thumb just like I did!

U/s 4: All caught up - again! We have a little yogi :)

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby KyotoGirl » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Lauren!! Woo hoo!! Congrats!!! Glad to see you on this side. :)

960 for 18 dpo seems well within the normal range for 18dpo to me. Hopefully, it goes up nicely in your next round of bloodwork. 28 compared to 4 looks great as well!
I'd say try not to be nervous, but I know that's nearly impossible. I'm quite nervous still, partially b/c I haven't had any appts at all, and won't until 8 weeks, 3 days.

Kittypie - LOL about hiding the not drinking thing as an Australian.

Nymeria - We're non-smokers here, but my FIL used to be a 2 pack a day smoker. He cut down and tried quitting lots of times until he finally had success on what I think was the fifth or sixth try. He ended up chewing the nicotine gum for a couple of years afterwards and is only now starting to be completely nicotine-free. Nagging and encouragement from DH and his sister didn't seem to make any difference. He had to come to the wanting to quit decision on his own. Frustrating that it took so long, but he got there eventually and hopefully, your DH will too.

AFM, I think I may tell a few friends this weekend because DH is going to Japan on business from tomorrow through 12/21 and I might explode without a few more local people to talk to that know the "secret"!
DS - 5
DD - 3

KyotoGirl
Friend

Postby nymeria » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 am

Lauren - that's amazing!!!!!!!!!! :congrats: It' so nice to have you here!! I am sure you will get more great news today! Let us know how it went :) Do you know anything about the other ladies? The thread was so lucky, I reckon there were some more BFPs...?!?

Kittypie - So great that your husband came with you. I just got my DH the book "Dude, you're going to be a dad" and now he is being super smart about everything pregnancy related. The not drinking thing really is a trap. Everyone can bust you with that. I keep inventing stories why I don't drink
-Go away, I am hungover from yesterday (haha)
-Sorry, I can't, I have to take antibiotics
But I am a pretty terrible liar and I cannot fool my close friends. That's why I told some more of my girls the last couple of days. There were a lot of tears. Happy and sad tears. Some of them really want to have a baby as well but cannot find the right partner or were trying for a year. It was so heartbreaking to tell them and to see the joy and the pain in their eyes. I really really feel for them as I was in the exact same position only some days ago. At least I could provide one of them with the 25 OPKs I had left. I really hope from all my heart that this will make a difference for her.

But still, it is important to talk about it and I totally understand you want to tell some friends Kyoto! It is really tough luck that your DH has to leave for such a long time, but I guess you guys are pretty used to all the travelling. Do your kids already know that there will be a new baby? I really hope DH will be like your FIL and quit smoking eventually, but somehow I doubt it. At least it is not around me anymore.

I am doing pretty well although I still have trouble sleeping and I feel queasy more often now. My next appointment is on the 10th and I cannot wait. If everything is fine then I will tell my dad on the 12th as we will spend the whole weeked together. I really hope everything will be ok. My heart is nearly bursting from all the new love growing in there.
nymeria

Postby lcrowder0815 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:10 am

Hey everyone! Just found out we are expecting after having a D&C in August. I am so excited but so nervous and am not really wanting to tell anyone yet just to make sure everything will be okay. On the other hand, my husband and I want to be excited with everyone since we would probably tell them if something went wrong anyway. I'm happy to be a part of this group now though and am trying not to let my excitement get too far away from me!! So glad to be in this place with all of you in this time of our lives.
Collins born 8/15/12
Miscarriage followed by D&C 8/27/14
BFP 11/28/14

lcrowder0815

Postby KyotoGirl » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Welcome and congrats Lcrowder!
DS - 5
DD - 3

KyotoGirl
Friend

Postby nymeria » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 am

Welcome Lcrowder! :welcome:
I really understand you want to share the excitement, the joy and the anxiety. After being very reluctant about telling anybody when I just found out, I now shared the secret with my close friends and have to say that it made me feel much better. It is so lovely to have their support and it's just so much easier when you can stop being sneaky :) How did it go for you so far? Did you guys decide to tell someone over the weekend?
nymeria

Postby KyotoGirl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:31 am

Not much to report. Haven't been checking here much because I feel SO queasy and nauseous almost all of the time. Pretty much from when I wake up until lunch time and then again from 3pm-ish until bedtime. And, DH is away on business until 12/22. Wahhh.

With my first, I had almost none of this. With my second, I had some queasiness, but it wasn't as strong and didn't last for as many hours per day. I wonder why it's so much less pleasant this time. Getting older is not for the weak!!

I don't know how I will make it through the remaining 11 working days until Xmas break. Also, my kids are probably about to have the worst two weeks of dinners yet since I'm REALLY not interested in cooking (or eating) right now. ;)
DS - 5
DD - 3

KyotoGirl
Friend

Next

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES