Summer 2015 babies :)

Start a buddy group of like-minded mommies or reconnect with your old due-date friends here. This board is for buddy groups only. Thanks!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Summer 2015 babies :)

Postby nymeria » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:25 pm

I feel you Kyoto and I am so sorry for you. I really admire you. I am miserable enough as it is, I don't know how you cope with the children and with your husband being abroad. You are a hero :D

Preparing cold dishes works pretty well for me. Did you try making pesto? This is my favourite recipe. It's super quick and doesn't include any cooking (except the pasta):

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Recipe type: Sauce
Makes: ~ 1¼ cup

Ingredients

1 8.5 oz jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (herbed is even better!), drained (oil reserved)
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
4 tbsp pistachios or pine nuts (I use half and half)
1 clove garlic
½ cup fresh basil leaves
Oil reserved from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes (~1/3 cup) + extra olive oil to equal ½ cup total
Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions

Add the sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, pistachios/pine nuts, garlic and basil to a food processor or blender and pulse everything together. Slowly add in oil, stopping to scrape down the sides, as needed, until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Notes & Tips
(1) I like my pesto a little on the thick side – if you like yours more saucy, you may need more oil. (2) Definitely start with ⅓ cup of oil, but from there you can add water instead of olive oil if you want to lighten it up a bit. (3) You can replace the nutritional yeast with pistachios or pine nuts.
source: thevegancrew.com

Hope you will feel better soon.

Afm, all eyes are on tomorrow. I am pretty excited about my doctors appointment and really hope everthing will be ok!! I am a little sad that my husband won't be there with me as he is horrified about witnessing a vaginal ultrasound. I feel disappointed but I will try to be a little more grown up about that :wink: He is really caring and loving and I feel bad because my mind seems to highlight the "bad things" way more than the wonderful ones. God, I am so easily irritated that I am annoying myself with that :D It is still pretty unbelievable to me that a tiny human being is growing inside of me 8O I feel so blessed, happy and freaked out at the same time.
nymeria

Postby lauren818 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi ladies!

Kyoto, I'm there with you. I have had a very hard time keeping dinner down (who named this morning sickness? mine is definitely afternoon/evening sickness) and it's sapping my energy. Although I don't have other kids (yet), I am in finals for my PhD program which is very busy/stressful and I'm supposed to be writing papers although I have the attention span of a flea! I wouldn't worry about your kiddos getting hungry - maybe they have a friend they can go have a playdate or sleepover with this weekend to buy you some downtime until DH comes home?

Nymeria, so excited to hear about your ultrasound! Mine is a week from today and I'm already nervous/excited. It's hilarious that your DH is freaked out about the transvaginal ultrasound - I have avoided telling my DH anything about it and have a feeling he's gonna do a "WAIT... WHERE DOES THAT GO?" at the appointment. You could try just having him hang out by your head at the appointment since there will be a sheet to cover anything (I'm thinking of the "Friends" episode where Rachel keeps yelling at Ross to stay by her head).

Some tips to keep morning sickness away/manage it (although I'm a pro at it by any means): (1) my doctor switched me to a prenatal vitamin with extra B6 and lower iron (she said it's fine for the first trimester) although I can't tell if it's helping since I'm still throwing up but that could be due to my crazily increasing hormones; (2) I've eliminated coffee and anything spicy from my diet - not because I don't love them or even crave them but because they give me wicked heartburn/nausea; (3) I bought some hard ginger candies that seem to help a little (they are better at helping mild nausea than preventing the puking); (4) I'm trying to eat every 2 hours or so - like I'm nibbling on a yogurt right now and two hours ago, I ate an applesauce; and (5) I've discovered this baby hates desserts, likes fruit, and loves meat and yogurt, so I'm eating based on that (dinner yesterday was half a chicken breast and two carrot sticks... I didn't say it was a balanced diet).

AFM - I'm really tired and have started throwing up at least once per day the last few days, but DH is over the moon after I told him that morning sickness correlates with a reduced risk of miscarriage. My nose has also gone super sensitive which is driving him NUTS (I can smell dirty laundry from 10 feet away, etc.). My pets (dog and cat) seem to know something is up and they are being SUPER lovey-dovey. And to make everything better, my sister just had a baby girl yesterday who I will get to snuggle next week!

Otherwise, I'm super annoyed at this exact moment since I am going to be flying next week and realized I don't have a seat assigned on one of the flights. I have to pee all.the.time and am worried about throwing up on the plane, so I called American Airlines to ask if I could please get an aisle seat and he told me sure, if I'm willing to pay $80 for it and otherwise I have to wait until I check in or get to the airport. Grrr. Hoping whoever I get at the gate or at baggage check will be more accommodating... otherwise, I guess I'll issue frequent apologies to my seatmates....
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

Beta #1 (18 dpo): 994
Beta #2 (20 dpo): 2550
Beta #3 (21 dpo): 4005

U/s 1: 12/16/14 - 6w6d by LMP; measuring 6w. Fetal pole 4.5mm and HB of 108!
U/s 2: 1/28/15 - 13w by LMP; measuring 12w6d! HB of 148-153 and lots of wiggles!

2/2/15 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!! + InformaSeq results all negative!

U/s 3: Measuring behind again but looks great - sucks her left thumb just like I did!

U/s 4: All caught up - again! We have a little yogi :)

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby KyotoGirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Nymeria - You're too sweet! If I'm a "hero" it's gotta be something like World's Okayest Mom. ;)
Thanks for the pesto recipe. It (unlike most food this week) actually sounds great. I love pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes together.

How was your appointment today? SO excited to hear all about it!!! Mine's not for another two weeks. Your description of "blessed, happy, and freaked out" was perfect. Love it!

Lauren - Sorry to hear that you're with me on the queasy boat. It's no fun at all! I'm trying your "eat-every-two-hours" suggestion and today's a way better day than yesterday, so thanks! And, SUPER HUGE CONGRATS on the arrival of your new niece!! How wonderful!

Also, what kind of PhD are you working on? DH and I know the joys/stresses of school well. I'm taking science prerequisites at night so I can transition to a new career and become a nurse.
DS - 5
DD - 3
Baby #3 Due either 7/24/15 or 8/1/15

KyotoGirl
Friend

Postby nymeria » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:41 am

Lauren, I wish you all the best for your finals!! When will they be over? When I was preparing for my defence I was throwing up everyday without being pregnant , lol. But I have a friend who was pregnant during her finals (8th month) and she said that it felt actually comforting to her. She knew that she was never alone, baby was always there for good luck and she didn't take the exams and the defense so seriously as she knew that there are way more important things in life. I hope your little one will give you a lot of strength as well, although I can only imagine that being in the first trimester during all this stress is not so much fun.
Good luck, that you will get a good seat in your flight next week. But even if you have to go to the bathroom 20 times don't feel like you have to apologize. I can even imagine that some friendly passenger will give you his or her better seat voluntarily.

Kyoto, I am very happy to hear that pesto sounds good to you and you found some relief with Lauren's eat every two hours strategy. For me every three hours works best.
I love the title World's okayest Mom :D I will get a T-shirt which says that, the day I earn it too :wink: Really hope that the two weeks until your appointment will go over really quickly!! I cannot wait to hear about it :)

The appointment went very well, thank you so much for asking. DH changed his mind and came with me :D I think he finally got to the chapter with the doc appointments in the book I gave him (Did I mention it? It's called "Dude, you're going to be a dad") And he apparently didn't want to feel left out. The baby is still there an growing like a champ. It was 1,5 cm from head to butt :) We could see and hear the heartbeat, it was just amazing. First DH wanted to wait in the other room but when he heard me laughing and squeaking he came running :D He didn't even realize what the doctor was doing as he was only staring at the screen with tears in his eyes. That was a really good family moment. I cannot stop smiling thinking about it.
There was one surprise: it turns out that I am rh-negative. I had no clue about that and it got me a little worried, although the doc said, that nowadays it is not dangerous anymore... Well, they will keep an eye on it.
nymeria

Postby lauren818 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Kyoto - I'm working on a PhD in Management at a business school. I was previously a lawyer so am apparently a degree collector! I plowed through a paper today that I was able to turn in for two classes so now I'm 50% of the way done! Finals will officially be over next Friday although I have one professor that still hasn't given us our final... and we have seven days from whenever he gives it to us to turn it in. Makes it a tad hard to plan, well, anything! But I'm still off to see my newest little cuddly niece a week from today and I am SO excited!

Nymeria - Thanks, lady! My defense won't be for another 4 years but even thinking about it makes me nervous! Oh and FWIW, my mom was RH negative and I was RH positive (as was my father) and both me and my sister were born healthy and this was back in the 80s before treatment got really good. The big question is whether your DH is also RH negative. If so, you're totally golden. If he isn't, they can definitely treat it no problems (I'mm proof of that!). I am SO jealous of your ultrasound and can't wait to get mine on Tuesday - I will only be 6w6d so am nervous we won't get to hear the heartbeat. SO happy your DH ended up being there!!!!!!!!!!

AFM - Weirdly, my nausea has been WAY better the past two days, but I'm hoping it's the adrenaline from finals and the fact that I've been trying my eat every two hours/new prenatals/etc., and not a "bad" sign. I know nausea can come and go and I am still tired/sore boobed (ok, to be honest, ginormous swollen nipples that hurt, my boobs are actually fine)/etc. but can't help worrying! My older sister had two miscarriages so I reached out to her and she said she was spotting with both so hoping that since I haven't had any spotting, I'm in the clear!
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

U/s 2: 1/28/15 - 13w by LMP; measuring 12w6d! HB of 148-153 and lots of wiggles!

U/s 3: Measuring behind again but looks great - sucks her left thumb just like I did!

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nymeria » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:29 am

Hey Lauren,

thank you so much for the reassuring words and sorry for replying so late. I was on a family trip over the weekend ( a really successfull one: my cousin gave me all of her maternity clothes ;) )

I am really happy for you that you will get your US tomorrow. Let us know how it went, ok? The waiting thing can be so nerve wracking. I still have these moments of doubt like "am I really pregnant???" But then I try to visualize my baby's strong heartbeat and how beautiful that sound was and that helps me to relax a lot. My sisters and my mother all had at least one miscarriage, so I get pretty anxious sometimes as well.

And Yay for being half way through your finals!! Hope this professor made up his mind by now.

My DH is indeed Rh positive so I will get the necessary shots, but I am pretty calm about that now. I just cannot wait for the Christmas holidays... I took two weeks off, after that my first trimester will be practically over and I hope I will have more energy by then. I also need some time with my DH. We barely see each other these days as our schedules are so different and my dinner and bed time are practically the same. He is so sweet and caring, but I fear that he might feel a little overlooked...
He finally told some of his (single) friends last saturday and they congratulated him a lot. I think he really enjoyed it and was proud and happy to become a dad. Although he is already 37 he lives the life of a student and feeling everything changing is probably a little menacing for him.
How do your men handle the pregnancy? Are they supportive/ scared/ ecstatic? Your DH is probably a pro by now, Kyoto, right?
nymeria

Postby lauren818 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:50 am

(Reposting from first trimester forum to make sure you guys get to see!)

Went for our first ultrasound today and got to see our little one. By LMP, I should be 6w6d but I knew I ovulated late (CD17 not 14) and so was planning to measure behind. Baby measured at 6w exactly and we got to see yolk sac and fetal pole; pole measured 4.5 mm; and by holding super still and holding my breath, we were able to see and hear the heartbeat at 108.

I'm still nervous - I was expecting to measure 2-3 days behind but 6 makes me a little nervous. As I told DH, I will stop worrying after the baby is over 18 years old (or, ya know, never!)!

Here's our little bean - the arrow things were added to help us know where the baby is!
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nymeria » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Lauren, your baby is beautiful and strong and everything will be fine. But I totally get it. I would love to have a US machine at home so I could constantly monitor the little one :D (just kidding).

It's amazing that you could already see the heartbeat!! I had to wait 8 weeks for that :) I am really happy for you!
nymeria

Postby lauren818 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:04 pm

If I had an ultrasound machine at home, I'm not sure I would do anything besides stare at baby!

Thank you for the kind words, nymeria!

I have a baby addiction now and just bought a Doppler to try to hear baby at home since my next appointment is so far away!
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nymeria » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 am

Wow, that sounds exciting! Does it work? Where did you buy it?
I just saw in your signature that we were exact TTC buddies. DH and I also started TTC for #1 in August :) But we are a litlle bit older. I will be 31 in 2 weeks and DH is 37. For how long have you guys been together?
I so get the baby addiction. Yesterday my oldest sister sent us hand knitted socks.One pair for DH, one for me and two for the baby in the same colours. I was is in tears. It's the first item we got for the baby from someone from "the outside world". All of a sudden it seemed so real and I left me beaming with happiness :)
nymeria

Postby lauren818 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 am

I haven't gotten it yet! I bought it online from eBay actually (it was the cheapest) but saw tons available - I ended up purchasing the Sonoline B as it seemed to be the most common one used. I watched some YouTube videos of people in their 8th and 9th weeks being able to hear the heartbeat, so I will definitely be trying! I think it is unlikely at this stage that we will hear anything for the next week or two but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna try :)

DH and I will have been together four years this spring; we've been married for almost 18 months.

Those socks sound just precious!!!! DH's family also knits and apparently, his grandma has decided this baby is a girl so has already made girl clothes. Apparently she got bored with gender neutral yarn!

I'm feeling much more positive today - I think after realizing that the baby really is there and healthy, it's becoming much more real to me as well! Of course, I need to finish a paper but all I can think about is baby, baby, baby! :)
me-30, DH-33

BFP at 10 dpo - 11/24/14

lauren818
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Previous

Return to MOMMY CIRCLES