pickest eater ever

Transitioning to Solid Foods/Picky Eaters/Feeding Difficulties

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

pickest eater ever

Postby Chiteacher » Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am

So we have been feeding DS solid foods for a while now. He has recently decided he no longer wants to eat anything. He will eat snacks, cheese, crackers, fruit but no real meals. So we tried giving him some purees to get some food in him - nope, nothing that you have to feed him.

We have made some pretty awesome food for him, sweet potato fries, broccoli and cheddar patties, meatballs, chicken and apple balls, corncakes. He will take a few bites and then throw it all over the floor.

His poop is loose now, like he is not getting enough solids....Anyone have any advice?
Me (Jane) & DH married 5/29/05 DS 5/6/10 (6lbs 7oz) DS#2 10/7/11 (10lbs 7oz)
Chiteacher
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby afdani1984 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 am

I have one of these too. We try offering him a variety of new things to try, and most of it ends up on the floor. Right now about all I can get him to eat is fruit and frozen baby food cubes. He loves macaroni and cheese, both homemade and from the box. Yes I do give him boxed mac and cheese if I'm pressed for time or need to make something quick. He won't eat plain pasta or plain cheese though. I just keep offering things I know he likes and will eat and try to find ways to sneak new things in. I also find if I put too much of a variety on his plate/tray at one time he gets overwhelmed. This is also part of the reason I don't think we are ready to completely kick formula. I kind of use that to fill in any nutritional gaps he might be lacking during the day. It actually really bums me out to try and find things for him to eat and then it all goes to the dog.

So far we've found he likes:
-mac and cheese
-flounder fillets (go figure)
-mashed potatoes with cheese and chicken stock
-just about any kind of fruit, especially mandarin oranges and grapes
-baked ravioli
- wheat bread..plain, toasted and with various toppings (hummus, apple butter)
Danielle (25), DH- Thomas (26)
DS- Joseph Miko born 31 May 2010!

1 pug: Lola (2), 1 tuxedo cat: Oreo (3) and two rat kings: Octavious and Artemis.
TTC since July 09

1-11-10 HB 145...IT'S A BOY!

afdani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby afdani1984 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:35 am

I have one of these too. We try offering him a variety of new things to try, and most of it ends up on the floor. Right now about all I can get him to eat is fruit and frozen baby food cubes. He loves macaroni and cheese, both homemade and from the box. Yes I do give him boxed mac and cheese if I'm pressed for time or need to make something quick. He won't eat plain pasta or plain cheese though. I just keep offering things I know he likes and will eat and try to find ways to sneak new things in. I also find if I put too much of a variety on his plate/tray at one time he gets overwhelmed. This is also part of the reason I don't think we are ready to completely kick formula. I kind of use that to fill in any nutritional gaps he might be lacking during the day. It actually really bums me out to try and find things for him to eat and then it all goes to the dog.

So far we've found he likes:
-mac and cheese
-flounder fillets (go figure)
-mashed potatoes with cheese and chicken stock
-just about any kind of fruit, especially mandarin oranges and grapes
-baked ravioli
- wheat bread..plain, toasted and with various toppings (hummus, apple butter)
Danielle (25), DH- Thomas (26)
DS- Joseph Miko born 31 May 2010!

1 pug: Lola (2), 1 tuxedo cat: Oreo (3) and two rat kings: Octavious and Artemis.
TTC since July 09

1-11-10 HB 145...IT'S A BOY!

afdani1984
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Egray » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I have a picky eater too, I've found offering a variety of foods throughout the day helps and also condiments condiments condiments!

I just made my duo quesidillas and they wouldn't touch them until I put some salsa and sour cream on their plates to "dip" and they ate it all up.

Ketchup, BBQ sauce, sourcream, salsa, they eat it on everything......
Egray
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Solid Foods & Feeding Issues