Bumbleride Indie Twin- Anyone have this stroller?

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Bumbleride Indie Twin- Anyone have this stroller?

Postby ashand888 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Does anyone have this stroller:
http://www.letsgostrolling.com/2008-bum ... -twin.html

If so, do you recommend it or not? What are your favorite and least favorite features? My one concern is that I'm not 100% sure from the reviews if our infant car seat will just snap in like a regular travel system or if I will have to use the "strap" that is mentioned every time I attach and detach it- something that would be really difficult here in the winter with DD (who will be 21 months when the baby arrives) and the new baby.

Any thoughts on the Bumbleride Indie Twin are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Ashlee
Daughter- 14 years (joined us through adoption)
Daughter- 7 years
Son- 5 years
Son- 5 years (joined us through adoption)
Son- 2 years
Due with baby #6 (another boy) in August!
ashand888
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amandamarie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:52 pm

I allmost bought this stroller.. but at the last minute changed my mind to the valco baby trimode twin. I cant speak for the bumbleride.. i am sure its a great stroller.. but the valco baby one looked pretty similar and we couldnt be happier with it.. the car seat attatchment for it is so easy to use and the seat sits very securely and it doesnt interfere with the other seats space. There is a strap attatched to the actual carseat attatchment but all you do is snap the two sides together.. super easy.Takes less than a second. It folds really easy and isnt too heavy. If you want to see pictures of anything specific to see how it works or looks.. just let me know. I realize this post is a few weeks old.. and I dont know if you are considering other strollers but I figured Id offer the information anyway.

amandamarie
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ashand888 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Thank you so much for your input! One concern I did have about the Bumbleride is that I read that the car seat takes up the space of the second child. What kind of car seat are you using in the Valco? We have a Peg Perego and I think they are compatible with most strollers. Have you found that it strolls nicely and goes over pavement and small bumps well? Thanks again for your recommendation!
Ashlee
Daughter- 7 years
Son- 5 years
Son- 2 years
ashand888
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amandamarie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 pm

We are using a graco snugride in it. I am pretty sure your carseat would be compatible.. ill have to check. The stroller is really roomy.. I just cant say enough good things about it. It rides over grass.. bumps.. anything really.. You can literally push it with one finger.. it rides so smooth. Also we have never had a problem taking it shopping or getting through doors.. One of the main reasons i chose this over the bumbleride was the footplate. My DS has long legs and the knee to foot length was 14 inches and the bumblride was 9 or 10.. also if you look on youtube and type in bumbleride indie twin by baby gizmo.. they do a review.. and watch the larger childs legs.. they dangle down past the footrest near the wheel. I didnt want my DS to have any sort of temptation to kick the wheels or get his foot caught.. and the stationary foot plate seemed more durable than the 'adjustable' kind on the bumbleride. Especially because DS does love to kick his feet! Also I love the canopies and the little zip off bags on the back with the valco..I just use those as my mini diaper bags while we are out. Also the canopies can come almost all the way down to shield the sun.. Another reason I didnt go with the bumbleride was that the 2009 model didnt look like it came with bumper bars of anysort.. which isnt a huge deal.. but it just made me feel 'safer' having a bumper bar in front and also gave Ashton someplace to hold on to. Another big reason I chose the valco over the bumbleride was the valco seemed to have more of a divider in the middle between the seats.. I dont know for sure if thats the case but in all of the pictures it seemed the valco had a bit more of a divider if that makes any sense.. it seemed like there were 2 individual seats versus one big seat with two harnesses. And last but not least if I remember correctly the valco had a higher seat back.. which is good because DS is tall.. and he still has plenty of room to grow. Also the valco just 'looked' more durable. My DS can be a bit destructive at times.. so something durable was very much needed.Can you tell I love the valco? lol.. it really has been great.. we have had it for over 2 months and no complaints. We ordered ours from strollermama.com on atuesdayand recieved it that friday. super fast shipping! Also I believe they partially assembled it because when we got it all we had to do was put the wheels on. I would definitely reccomend that store for purchasing a stroller. Oh and one more thing about the bumper bars.. our stroller came with 2 individual bumpers and an extra bumper came with the carseat adapter. Some of the pictures show the valco with one long bumper bar.. so i was pleasantly surprised to have individual bars. Im not sure if thats a general thing or if it was just that particular store that sent extras. Sorry for such a long response! Let me know if you have any more questions

amandamarie
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ashand888 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you SO much!!! That is very helpful info and I am now definitely leaning toward the Valco! Thanks again for all of your help!
Ashlee
Daughter- 7 years
Son- 5 years
Son- 2 years
ashand888
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amandamarie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Your welcome :)

amandamarie
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Strollers & Travel