Graco Quattro Deluxe or Chicco Cortina???

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Graco Quattro Deluxe or Chicco Cortina???

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 am

these are the 2 styles of travel systems i'm trying to decide between at BRU but the man who was helping us said the Chicco wouldn't fit on shopping carts or restaurant high chairs ... is that really the case? that would be a HUGE inconvenience but i love everything else about the Chicco!

anyone have experience?

Chicco Cortina http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3156651

Graco Quattro http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3224013
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby laurab007 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I have the Chicco and love it. It's a great stroller. The Quattro is huge and every I know likes it overall, but says it's just too big and heavy.

I always put my Chicco in shopping carts and used it at restaurants. In a restaurant, you can always put it on a chair and by the time they're sitting up and eating food, they'll be sitting in the high chair.
Laura - 43 and still fabulous!
:angel: 1/19/10 M/C 8w5d d&c (triploidy)
No longer TTC

ImageImage

laurab007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:14 pm

that's so weird - i wonder why the BRU guy said it wouldn't work? i know there was no notch on the bottom like most of the infant car seats have, maybe that's why ... so you can put it in the seat part of the shopping cart?
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby memi » Fri May 01, 2009 5:35 am

I also have the chicco travel system and HATE it!!! It really stinks when you have to go grocery shopping and can't fit things in the cart because your infant is in the back in the carrier. I didnt feel comfortable resting it on the "seat" part of shopping carriages, because it just rested there. I used to put him in the snuggli front carrier and shop that way.
Now the problem that I am having is that I need a double stroller or sit n stand, and chicco does not make one to fit it's infant seat. All the better doubles and sit n stands were not compatible for the chicco seat. I finally ended up with the Joovy sit and stand, which is OK but the bench seat in the back is very small and uncomfortable, even for my 3 year old son, who only weighs 24LBS.

Just make sure it's what you really want before you buy!!!! hope this helps!!
me--Emily (31 )
DH-( 32 )
DS-8/31/06
DD-8/16/09

memi
Angel
Angel

Postby KatieJo3 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:00 pm

I love our Chicco travel system!!! I also used the car seat with shopping carts, but if I remember correctly.....it didn't work well with the BRU shopping carts (those purple ones) and when we were at BRU, I had to put her carrier actually in the shopping cart itself. I'd highly recommend the Chicco system.

BUT......I don't recommend the Chicco PNP...we got one and I wish I'd just gotten a cheaper Graco one.
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Sun May 03, 2009 5:11 am

we did end up registering for the Chicco KeyFit 30, thanks!!
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nat » Thu May 14, 2009 8:06 am

They both look neat. I got one that looks very similar to both. I got it in my 1st tri :oops: i couldnt help it, i saw it and wanted it, cant wait to use it and take baby for walks! I don't like the one wheel in front strollers they look like wheelbarrows.
DD1 14,DD2 09/29/09,DS 12/17/10
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nat
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hazelbazel » Mon May 18, 2009 8:29 am

I've had 2 graco strollers over the last year and both fell apart, I wouldn't recommend graco at all! No experience with Chico. But I now have a peg perego aria and I LOVE it. My 13 mo old loves that he can sit and look all over the place and turn around; and mommy loves that he can do this while being strapped in. he also can sit straight up in this one and that is not the case with many strollers. As for the car seat fitting in various places, my graco snugride fit in some shopping carts and not in others. The shopping carts seem to all vary from store to store. Hope you have good luck with the chicco!
DS conceived after many rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's and a vericocele repair- born 4/1/08
DD conceived naturally first try! - born 1/29/10
Boy/Girl Twins! Conceived after 3 months of trying, BFP month was a clomid cycle- born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Strollers & Travel