Convertible???

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Convertible???

Postby MegsIsMommy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 am

I realize I'll probably be splurging to buy a Britax but wanted to see if their were any other Convertible seats out there that you would recommend that would work from the time we bring him/her home from the hospital until a booster alone?

My dad actually bought us an infant carrier this weekend {he was so excited to learn he was going to be a 'Pops'!} but after reading up some and learning that at some high speeds certain infant carriers can dislodge from the base and thus no longer safe. Freaks me out! I don't plan on using the Infant carrier for the convenience factor of transporting baby from house to car, etc. I plan to get a sling/wrap and move baby from seat to wrap and so forth. Much easier than carrying around a huge clonker seat that the handles may break on in the process anyways! :-)

Sorry for the additional rant. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!!
Megs {29} DH {32}
MegsIsMommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nikkijames » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm

As a mom of three kids, the infant seat is invaluable (and britax makes one!) First, I am a baby wearing mama too, but when the bubs is asleep YOU WILL NOT WANT TO WAKE A SLEEPING BABY even if s/he is in the carseat! :lol: I say this with dd asleep in her moby as we speak!

Second I totaled my vehicle, I mean totaled in a front end collision when my son was three months old. He was in an infant seat (Graco I believe) and did not get a SCRATCH on him!
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Strollers & Travel