Going to disneyland with an almost 1 yr old!

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Going to disneyland with an almost 1 yr old!

Postby Stephie702 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyoen have any tips for traveling with an infant? we are driving to CA, which is about 4 1/2 hrs away. we will be staying at hotel for like 4 days... any tips on what to do and bring and how to entertain baby on car ride??

also any tips for disney with infant?
~Steph-
DH, DSD 11, DD 22 months
Lilyana Leeann born 8/27/09 via C-Section 8lbs 3oz, 21inches long!
the love of my life <3
Stephie702
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jounderw » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 am

Traveling with a baby can be a challenge, but proper planning and packing can make things go as smoothly as possible. It would be great if all babies would just sleep the entire trip, but if the trip is going to be more than a few hours, that is obviously impossible. Make sure that you pack many, varied toys for the car. When your baby gets tired of one toy, switch it out with a new one. You might even consider purchasing a couple brand new toys for the journey.
Also, pack CDs or other musical items for your baby to listen to while riding.
Remember that you can still interact with your child in the car, even if he is rear-facing. Singing songs, turning around for games of peek-a-boo, and just talking with your baby all lets her know that you are still there. My daughter learned to coo for the first time on a long car ride so I love it!! So fun that you and your new little family are taking a long roadtrip! Have fun
Long Distance Movers
jounderw
Friend

Postby smouse77 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:25 pm

I can answer the Disney question! We have season passes to Disney world and have been taking my ds since he was 4 months.

Dress baby in layers depending on weather. Bring a stroller that reclines, and a lightweight blanket to cover over. Disney also has a 'baby area' with dark cool rooms, rocking chairs, also an area to buy babyfood, diapers, wipes, so on, just in case you run out. You can also pack a cooler bag with food, water, juice and whatever else baby likes. We even bring in subs and a bag of chip to have for lunch! Oh, I almost forgot, sanitizer wipes for the highchairs and disposable plastic kids placemats are great. And an extra set of clothes. I think that's it! :D

For the hotel, we usually bring a pack and play, small white noise machine or fan (to block out noise) and a our own bath mat for the tub. Have fun!
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Postby smouse77 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

I just noticed that this was posted in august! :oops: sorry. Hope you had a nice time! :lol:
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Strollers & Travel