Carrier advice (X-posted in AP)

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Carrier advice (X-posted in AP)

Postby smouse77 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I am in the process of figuring out which baby carrier would be best for me. I am thinking a wrap, like the Moby, but am not sure. I have arthritis in my neck and back and the sling I had with DS killed me.

I also live in south florida so I need something breathable and fairly lightweight. Would the Moby be too warm?

I also saw the Mai tei, but am concerned about the thin straps over the shoulders and they don't seem to fit an infant very well.

I am looking for something I can put on before going out shopping and put baby in, take baby out... so on as needed.

Any advice would be great! Really don't want to spend a ton of $$$ and find out it is painful to wear.
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Postby aerb » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 am

I used a Moby all the time for the first 8-10 weeks or so... I'm not sure we would have survived without it. Sometimes it was the only way I could get DD to nap. It honestly is pretty warm though. It's cotton, but the cotton is kind of heavy. I was often sweaty in it, and even DD sometimes seemed a little sweaty when she'd come out of it on warmer days w/ temps in the 70s/80s. But I really love the Moby regardless. I'm sure the AP forum will have all sorts of ideas for you; my baby-wearing knowledge is limited to the Moby (& the crappy Baby Bjorn that I wish we hadn't registered for).
Allison-- 33, DH--33
DD Miriam Aislinn born 9/8/10.
4 angel babies :angel::angel::angel::angel:
BFP 5/1/12
aerb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby smouse77 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks for responding! Yeah, ii is now in the 90's during the day and it's not even summer yet! I think the Moby fabric will be too heavy.
Sarah-29
DH-38
DS-01/2009
DD-08/2011
smouse77
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Strollers & Travel