Flying with a toddler

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Flying with a toddler

Postby mamay » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 am

So here is my dilemma. I am flying from MT to PA with my 3 year old in July. I will also be 6 months pregnant at the time.

I am debating whether to take her car seat with me. The thing is she HATES her car seat so I don't know if it will cause more problems. I was looking at the strap systems you can use to attach a car seat to a carry on so they work like a stroller and debating using that. The other option is to take a stroller and use that to get from gate to gate and then just gate check it. What do you all suggest? I hate to create more issues with her car seat since she doesn't like it. Although I might be able to gt by with only buckling the top part on a plane. Its not like in the even of a crash a car seat will save her life... I just plain don't know.
Melissa (31) DH (40) DSS (9 ) DD (3) and Pumpkin #3 baking!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Beta #1- 741
Beta #2- 1483- less than 24 hours doubling time!
mamay
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby melly1982 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 am

We are flying ATL to London in May with my 12 month old (and I will be 5 months pregnant). We chose not to book her a seat as it was way too expansive so she will travel as a lap child. We are taking the stroller and checking it at the gate so she will be in that at the airport. Im dreading it!!!
Mel xx
TTC #1 since Jan 2010

Kaitlyn Grace 4/28/11 6lbs 9oz
Isabel Rose 9/20/12 8lb 1oz
Suprise #3 EDD 10/07/2015

melly1982

Return to Strollers & Travel