Toddler & infant carseat set up

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Toddler & infant carseat set up

Postby coastieschick » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 am

How do you have your kids arranged? I know they say center is safest so I was thinking using the anchors to hook up DS's carseat behind the passenger seat (he has the Graco Nautilus) and then putting baby in the center seat using the seatbelt to tighten the base and then I guess when baby is big enough to go to a convertible carseat we'd move them to the other side so they both have the anchor system. IDK, tips, suggestions???
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Toddler & infant carseat set up

Postby Cayman4 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:43 am

We have DS who is almost three in a Radian behind the passenger seat and DD's infant seat behind the driver seat. The infant seat is too bulky and wouldn't fit in the middle and we have an anchor there too. However I could fit another Radian there but haven't bought it yet. I read the safest spot after the center seat is behind the driver because your instinct is to protect that side of the car during a crash.
Me: 34 DH: 37 DS: 3 DD: Born 8/31/12

Benjamin Thomas born on 12/4/09, 7 lbs. 13 oz., 20 in.

Alexa Michelle born on 8/31/12, 8 lbs. 1 oz., 20 1/2 in.

Cayman4

Postby coastieschick » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 am

Good point, maybe I'll try DS behind me then baby in center, if whatever seat we gets will fit that way. I'd be worried I couldn't get to the baby to give pacifier or toy or whatever if the seat was behind me. Honestly we might have anchors in the middle seat too, but I thought most cars only had 4 anchors and that you couldn't have 2 carseats attached to one anchor, so either the side or the middle gets to use it? I should probably look to be sure, lol
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:38 am

no I am absolutely getting another infant seat (I've been looking at the new Graco seat that grows with them from infant to convertible), just not sure how to configure the seat with my son's convertible seat (he just turned 2 & has a graco nautilus in my car and a different one in DH's truck but that's just for emergencies/trips we take that need a truck, so not AS important to figure out))
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Strollers & Travel