Double stroller? Please help

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Double stroller? Please help

Postby MarineWife30 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 pm

I think this may have been posted before, but I'm looking for the best double stroller out there. My son will be 20 months old when this one is born. I HAD a Graco Snugride infant carrier so I was hoping to go with Graco but it recently got ruined in a flood in our basement so now I have to buy both anyway. I still think I want to go with another Graco Snugride since we loved it and I think it gets some of the best safety ratings but so far I haven't been impressed with any double strollers out there. I hate that they're so big and bulky. I had the metrolite stroller with my first and LOVED IT! Any suggestions?
MarineWife30
Angel
Angel

Postby JenAsh3 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:27 pm

I absolutely love my graco duoglider! It handles wonderfully, the snugrides will snap in, the back seat lays down in a carriage position--this was great when the babies were still in carriers b/c D hated to stay in his!, the front seat reclines, plenty of storage underneath & w/ the canopy they are pretty much completely covered from sun/rain!
It is big, but as I have an SUV, it's not a problem to put in the back. But, I'm not sure how well it would fit in a car trunk!
Jen
A&D 12/12/07
P 10/6/09
JenAsh3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SlainteMhath » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 pm

I just recently bought the Baby Trend Sit n' Stand stroller. Your toddler sits on the bench facing you in the back and the baby goes in front. It comes with an attachment so almost any infant seat can fit up front. And when they are too big for the infant seat, it is a regular seat. They also have one that has an option of a seat in the back, but I didn't bother with that.

This is the one I bought: http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Sit-&# ... ler&page=1

This is the one with the optional back seat: http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Deluxe ... ler&page=1

It manuevers fairly well and is the same size, if not smaller, than my travel system stroller when folded. It isn't small by any means, but I've yet to see a double that is!

ETA: It easily fits in the back of DH's Mazda 3.
[ImageImageImage
SlainteMhath
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jmlgirl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:49 pm

We just bought the BOB Revolution doyble stroller. (my sister and a few friends have it and love it)

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/index.php
Me: Jo & DW: Angie
DD Sophie
DD Stella
DD Nora
DS Quinn

www.advocare.com/10053966
jmlgirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starlette11 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm

graco duoRider all the way.. its the side by side.. perfect!! i wanted my children to both be able to see out and experience the world...and i didnt want them always fighting for the front..

the stroller pattern is hidious! but i sacrificed the decor for comfort... it only has four wheels which means you wont step on a middle wheel every other step... it has one large bar to push vs. two handles.. (can you imagine if a grocery shop cart had two handles instead of a bar?) you can lay both children down almost completely flat. and there are two HUGE bins on the bottom...

i also found that the baby carrier ended up fitting perfectly in one side.. even though it wasnt made to do that.. i had the baby trend carrier..

can you tell im biased?

our life in the stroller department was glorious!
Me ~Lori
DD (11)
DD (10)
DD (7)
DS (5)
LMP 11/25/15, blighted ovum
starlette11
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby booboo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 pm

5 GIANT STARS for the BabyTrend Sit'N'Stand LX from us!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT

best part.... it folds up SOOOO small, smaller than my single did, and it easily fits in the back of my sedan. Plus, I used it as a travel system with my Baby Trend FlexLoc carseat.... heavenly!
booboo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fingersdoublecrossed » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 am

You might want to read this if you're considering a double jogger:
http://preg.twoweekwait.com/community/m ... ic&t=84645
(please scroll dwon to the end of the page)
Not sure if this would help??

Julie
Julie :hb: Steve
Sara: (01/05) & James: (07/07)
:angel: 02/04 & :angel: 06/06
fingersdoublecrossed
Friend

Return to Strollers & Travel