Double stroller.. please read

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Double stroller.. please read

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 am

Hello moms of more than one kiddo!
I'm in the market now for a double stroller.

Zac still uses a maclaren at times because he is so active and likes to take off suddenly. I don't mind at all because HE doesn't mind it.
So what I need is this:
A duo stroller that has a FULL reclining infant seat AND can attatch the infant seat to the stroller.
The toddler seat doesnt really matter as long as he can sit and be buckled in an it holds over 40lbs.
I was looking at the sit n' stand strollers but I'm not sure (cant find info) if the front/infant seat reclines fully.

Any tips are appreciated. I have time to do my research but thought you guys could help.
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Mom to Zachary (March 8th, 2005)
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsLewis907 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought most of the double strollers that have a toddler seat in front and infant snap in in the back, that back seat also reclined fully...its just usually the front toddler one does not? That's how my Graco Duo Glide was...but we returned that (just wouldn't fit into the car, it's so big!).

I'm probably not much help, and someone correct me if I'm wrong!! I'm sure there are differences between strollers too. :oops:
Ashli 32, DH Patrick 33
Twins - DD1 Hannah & DS1 Evann - 7, DD2 Lily - 5, DD3 Abigail - 5
BFP - Mar 20, 2015 / Miscarried - March 26, 2015
Baby #5 - Shelby Nicole, born April 13, 2016, 6lb5oz, 19in
MrsLewis907
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:15 am

Well in particular I was looking at the "sit n' stand" stroller or the joovy caboose. However, I could not find out if the seat the infant sits in reclines all the way if a toddler is sitting facing backwards behind them. Know what I mean?

I have heard good things of the graco duoglider an quattro duo but kindof wanted something a bit smaller. My son will be 4 when this one is born and technically should be done w/the stroller, but seeing that he is Autistic and we do a lot of zoo's, parks, mall, etc. I wanted something he would still be able to sit in if he needed or *I* needed him to. Also so that if I'm otu w/out my son (when he's in school) or he doesnt need to sit, then i wont be lugging around a huge double stroller for nothing.

Then again maybe I should just get a good double stroller for when I havce them both and have a single stroller for when I have just the baby? I can't use th maclaren I have right now for that though since it is not for an "infant."
Oh the things to think about. lol
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby emoprincesa » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

I am *planning* on getting a Zooper Tango when I save the money. Ava will probably be walking by then...but a girl can dream :wink:
Amber (27) Mommy to Brayden ( 07.07.07 ) and Ava ( 09.09.08 )
emoprincesa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Never heard of it, i'll have to look it up. 8O
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Very neat, but I forgot to add that I don't want a side by side stroller for my own personal preference. LOL but it does look neat!
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Qtrpony » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:55 pm

I also want a Zooper tango. I love that I can use my graco carseat in it. I like the side by side because both kids can see and even play with eachother. But everyone has different needs.

PS- Ebay has the cheapest zoopers. they are brand new and sell for about $300. When I get the money together that's what I'll do :wink:
Me 28- SAHM
DH 26- Firefighter
DD born 4/06
DS born Nov 25 at 4:47pm
7 lbs 4 oz, 20 in

Qtrpony
Angel
Angel

Postby Babydreamer1326 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:12 pm

we have a combi double stroller with the matching infant carrier. LOVE my stroller! Very lightweight...reclining front and back seats and I can open it and close it with ONE hand! :wink:
The stroller was a little over $300 and the infant carrier was $180..not bad :wink:
Deztyni Dezyrae, 7/13/06
Caydyn Tayeshaun, 9/26/07
Layla Tymprynce, 3/20/09

Babydreamer1326
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ThinkingAbout2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:07 am

Thanks again for your input, ladies! :D
Sara - 30
Wife to Charles - 36
Carlie 3-20-09
Image Image
ThinkingAbout2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MarineWife30 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:42 am

I did pretty extensive research on double stroller and went shopping several times to try them out before I purchased. I was originally looking at the Graco Duoglide since I have the Snugride carrier but I HATED how bulky and heavy they are and how difficult they seem to fold up. My sister has one and no one likes it so I started looking at the Baby Trend Sit and Stand. This probably would have worked as DS1 is nearly 20 months old already and he seemed to sit okay on the back seat but...hubby preferred him in a more "secure" seat with his own cup holder and try so we tried the Evenflo Take Me Too Stroller. It was DEFINITELY lighter and easier to fold than the Duoglider and hubby and I thought it was almost identical to the Sit and Stand in weight and maneuverability. The rear seat does fold down COMPLETELY so you can use the Graco Snugride in it but of course it doesn't lock. Best part was that it was only 109.00 at Baby Depot so we bought it. I know NOTHING will compare to my Graco Metrolite which I am absolutely IN LOVE WITH, but I'm hoping the Evenflo will do the job!

GOOD LUCK!
MarineWife30
Angel
Angel

Postby fingersdoublecrossed » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm

I just wanted to post an AS QUICK as possible reply for you ladies...just in CASE I can help!

To answer some of the questions:
yes, the duoglider DOES fully recline in the back seat...front seat only partially....and it does accept a car seat.

Depending on IF you want to have a single WITH a toddler seat, the Baby Jogger's toddler seats only go to 33, so I wouldn't recommend them...

the Valco will go to 40 lbs but I've read that SOMEtimes they're TIPPY (I imagine MORE so with a large in front and TINY in back combo.
I don't particularly LIKE the valco as it has a BAR in a certain spot...under the canopy...and if the child is tall, the potential is there for head banging....although it is padded, it's there and a PITA (IMO)
I loved the toddler seat though...and so did my son when we checked it out.

I had a joovy ultralight and sold it...so that will tell you SOMEthing! :roll: And the front seat only HALFway reclines...and IMO, it's not ENOUGH for a child who's ASLEEP....but it depends on YOUR comfort level.

The other graco...quattro is quite HEAVY...40 something pounds I think?? (please check to confirm it's actual weight)

I also wouldn't recommend the Kolcraft contours options...it is SO heavy AND the seats are SMALL.

I will be going with a Baby Jogger Elite or Summit 360 with the toddler seat...although my daughter is a pound over the weight limit, I have no problem with the overage...I wouldn't want to push it ALOT of course though! ;)

There are lots of FOREIGN strollers...if you've got the money, I can suggest some links.

My problem is the HEIGHT thing...my daughter is fairly tall...although she's 4, she's still in the stroller 1/2 time as we walk a fair amount...and so while I still NEED a double, we are getting close to NOT needing one.

IMO, if you're looking for a jogger with a toddler seat, the baby jogger looks great...and 'better' IMO than the valco...but the weight limit differences on the toddler seats may restrict some.

As far as the sit & stands...unless you think your child will LIKE that...the standing, I think the platform...I don't know...I just HATED seeing my daughter on that platform...she didn't look COMFORTABLE!! :(

But as far as HEIGHTS and CANOPIES, the Joovy Ultralight caboose has a GREAT canopy and the coverage is great...and even for a taller child, it's OKAY...not great but okay.

The baby trend is with SMALLER seats so smaller or closely aged kids would be BEST with that kind...
IMO this is all IMO so please forgive me...I don't want to offend! :wink:

Take care all

Oh and BTW, here's a great place to get a stroller:
www.countrymoosekids.com if you type the word MOTHER in the coupon code box, you'll receive 10% off! 8)

I think if you're in the US, www.albeebaby.com has great PRICES...and free shipping...but not to Canada, so I couldn't go with them! :roll:

Julie
Julie :hb: Steve
Sara: (01/05) & James: (07/07)
:angel: 02/04 & :angel: 06/06
fingersdoublecrossed
Friend

Postby Christie2007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm

We have a Combi double stroller as well for my boys, and I LOVE it. I tried a zillion different ones, and the Combi is so lightweight and easy! I absolutely love it. Both seats recline fully as well. We don't use the car seat with it as we are switching to a convertible car seat for Hayden now, but it is very comfortable and the seats are really padded plus we use his BundleMe and it adds even more padding for him!
DS1 - Riley 6/29/07
DS2 - Hayden 12/4/08
DS3 - Lukas 6/3/11 - diagnosed with truncus arteriosus type I, VSD, and bicuspid aortic valve. Truncal/VSD repair (open heart sugery) 6/20/2011 at 2 weeks old.

Our Blog for Lukas
Christie2007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Strollers & Travel