Chicco Keyfit 30 users, come here!!

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Chicco Keyfit 30 users, come here!!

Postby nyanne » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:54 am

We have one and love it...question, though...how do you go grocery shopping?? So far I've gone twice with him when I haven't had to get a lot so I can put him in the back of the cart and pack things around him and underneath. I'm not sure how to do a whole shopping trip, though, while my husband is working and Evan's too little to sit in the seat. Oh, and he hates his Baby K'tan and Baby Bjorn so wearing him right now really isn't an option.
Anne
nyanne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heather32 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Do you have the infant seat?? Because normally the infant seat latches to the area where you would put a sitting child. The other option I had to do when my Evan outgrew his infant seat (4 months) was to buy one of those cushy cart covers and when he was sleeping i would lay him lengthwise in that seat. HTH.

I am looking at getting that stroller combo for DB #2 and am so glad to see any good reviews :)
Heather:33 DH:36 DS (6) 11/04 DS (2) 2/09
DD (Brand New!) 8/7/11 8pds 4oz 19 1/2in.
:angel: 04/07 (14wks) Rest in peace sweet angel baby
ImageImage
Heather32
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cartersmama » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Anne, have you tried to put the seat in the seat area the other way? Like instead of trying to "latch" the seat on, turn it sideways and see if it fits in that way. With Carter I had no clue how to do it, so I put him in that way, and it worked fine. But then again I don't know about that seat. Good luck!!
me: Stacia
dh: Jesse
Little guy: Carter
newbie: Lilah Christine bon 09/06/08 9lbs 6oz!
cartersmama
Star Member
Star Member

Postby nyanne » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:51 am

Stacia, I couldn't get it to fit that way either, it's too big.

Babyjinks, the seat goes up to 30 lbs. and it's too big for the front part. I did see another baby at the store like you said, lying sideways on one of those cushy covers.

I read on BRU that someone said it will fit on the wide part of the cart. I will have to try that and see. Then I could put things under him instead of just around him like I've had to do.
Anne
nyanne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby carterbaby1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:27 pm

It will sit on the little fold out basket at the the top...but only at certain stores...doesn't fit at my Walmart or Schnucks grocery, but does fit at Target and ShopnSave grocery....it has really been hit or miss.

But........ I LOVE the chicco travel system
IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Ella Kate was born on 4/6/08, 8lbs 8ozs, 20.5 inches long. She was three weeks early!

ImageImage
carterbaby1

Return to Strollers & Travel