Graco Duoglider LX or Graco Quarto Double?

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Graco Duoglider LX or Graco Quarto Double?

Postby Nina3117 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 am

I am debating between the two. My son will only be 12 months old when my daughter is born, and that is why i am in debate. I really like the Quarto double but an afraid that the front seat is not secure enough for a one year old.

Any thoughts?
Nina ~ 26
DH ~ 30
DS ~ 1
DD ~ Born March 11, 2009
:angel: 5 Weeks
Nina3117
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenAsh3 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:29 pm

I have the duoglider & I really like it. D is usually in front & is the more active(crazy!) of the 2, but I haven't felt like it was unsecure at all! And he's constantly leaning from side to side & 'flailing' about! :roll:

You could always put the infant seat in front & your 1yo in back, if you decided the front wasn't secure enough. I did that for a while, when A wasn't quite ready to sit in the seat, but D was. Worked well. They were facing each other & would make each other laugh! :D
Jen
A&D 12/12/07
P 10/6/09
JenAsh3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fingersdoublecrossed » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Here are some detials for you on BOTH strollers:

Graco DuoGlider LXI
The Graco DuoGlider LXI Double Stroller is one of the premier tandem strollers on the market. For parents with an eye on fashion, the Darius design is fantastic for a girl or boy.

Hauling two children around town is generally not a joyride. But, parents can make it a joyride by transporting their children in the Graco DuoGlider LXI Double Stroller. It is one of the most popular Graco Duoglider double strollers. It is certainly one of the more popular double strollers around. It continues to be one of the most popular Graco products and overall one of the most popular strollers.

Product Features
Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller features combination 3 point/5 point harness
Most tandem strollers do feature removable canopies with tinted sun visors
Parent organizer tray with cup holder
Removable front and rear child's trays with cup holders
Graco DuoGlider has extra-large storage basket
Rear seat reclines to 4 positions, including fully recline
Front seat reclines to 2 positions
Twin stroller features Infant head support on each seat
Graco Duoglider Double Stroller has ergonomically designed handle
Large front swivel wheels
Under seat storage
Removable, washable padding
Comfortable infant headrest
Graco DuoGlider LXI Double Stroller features a footrest
Weight: 31 lbs.
Folded dimensions: 38.5 x 19 x 14 in.
Open dimensions: 35.50 x 25 x 40 in.

Each seat holds 40 lbs.
Graco DuoGlider LXI Double Stroller has interior front seat dimensions: 12.5 x 9.5 x 15 in.
Rear interior seat dimensions: 13 x 10.5 x 15 inches

from a different site:
Two of them. One of you. Even out the odds with this durable, comfortable tandem. At just 20" wide, it easily gets through doors, yet has all the perks parents need to get through the day.
Both the front and rear seats are compatible with SnugRide Infant Car Seat and Infant SafeSeat Car Seats, making this a great ride for infant sibblines and twins, and each seat has a removable canopy with tinted sun visor. Both seats have removable headrests and multiple position recline, while the rear seat reclines flat for maximum comfort for tuckered out toddlers.

Each seat has a child's tray with cup/snack holder, and the back seat is elevated so everyone gets a good view. The extra-large, easy access drop-down basket lets you easily access the whole day's gear, and the parent storage tray has 2 cup holders so you won't lose your car keys or spill one drop of that much-needed iced mocha. Last but not least, the DuoGlider Stroller folds with one hand, which is nice for parents who've already got their hands full.

Features:

SnugRide Infant Car Seat/Infant SafeSeat Car Seat Compatible - click into stroller without removing child from car seat
Parent storage tray with 2 cup holders keeps keys and drinks handy
1-hand fold with latch simplifies closing and storing it
Extra large, easy access drop-down basket lets you reach in without disturbing reclined child
Front and rear multiple position seat recline keep both children comfy, plus rear seat flat recline so Baby can rest
Removable front canopy for better viewing and peek-a-boo window in rear canopy lets you see Baby at all times, both with sun visor
Removable front child's trays with cup/snack holders
Lockable front swivel wheels with suspension for a smoother ride
Front amd rear 3-point and 5-point harnesses help keep children securly seated
Elevated rear seat so everyone gets a good view
Rear child's trays with cup/snack holder
Removeable head support for extra support
Wash removable seat cushion in cold water on delicate cycle. Line dry.
To clean stroller frame, use only household soap and warm water. Never use bleach.
If wheels squeak, use a light oil
Recommended Use: Each seat holds child up to 40 lbs.
Dimensions: 35.5"L x 20"W x 40"H
Weight: 29.5 lbs.

And here is for the Quattro:
Graco Quattro Tour Duo Travel System
The Graco Quattro Tour Double Travel System is a great combination of double stroller and car seat. The combination features the Graco Quattro Tour and the Graco Infant SafeSeat. All car seats and strollers wish they had the safety and comfort features that these Graco car seats and double strollers have. It comes in the lovely Ionic pattern, perfect for a girl or boy.

Graco Quattro Tour Strollers are easy to maintain. That is certainly a key feature for parents. The seat pad on the Graco Quattro Tour Stroller is removable and can even be machine washed. The Graco Quattro Stroller also has a high weight limit. The front seat can accommodate up to 50 lbs, while the rear seat can handle up to 40 lbs. It has all of the unique safety and comfort features parents look for with Graco strollers and doesn't compromise in any way. The two seats are comfortable enough for baby and offer plentyof room. The Graco Quattro is a double stroller which will be loved by owners and envied by others.

Graco Quattro Tour features:
Graco stroller features a compact, one hand gravity fold
Multiple position grip points for maximum maneuverability on the Graco Quattro Tour
Infant centric rear seat accepts Graco SnugRide & infant SafeSeat car seats
Toddler centric front seat on the Graco Quattro Tour Stroller includes cupholders & individual storage
2-Position reclining front seat
3-Position flat reclining rear seat
Front spring suspension on Graco strollers provides a smooth ride on any surface
Drop down basket on the Graco Quattro allows for quick access
Smooth, one touch brakes on the Graco Quattro stroller
Graco Quattro Tour weight: 35 lbs.
Dimensions: 29 x 22 x 44 in.
Front wheel size on Graco Quattro stroller: 8 in.
Rear wheel size: 9 in.
Handle width: 15.75 in.

Here's another site's description:
***you might want to VERIFY with Graco what the WEIGHT of the stroller is that you might choose...there seems to be a discrepancy between the discriptions* even though it's only a few pounds, it may make a difference to YOU???

Description & Specifications
Platinum Quattro Tour Double Stroller Features:
Accepts all Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seats and Infant SafeSeat Car Seats
Extended front seat weight limit holds child up to 50 lbs to last past the toddler years
Compact one-hand fold ? 20% smaller when closed (As compared to Graco DuoGlider Stroller)
Easy access drop-down basket lets you reach in without disturbing reclined child
Uniquely designed handles make it easier to maneuver
Parent storage tray with two deep cup holders keeps keys and drinks handy
Front and rear multi-position reclining seats keep both children comfy, plus rear seat reclines flat so Baby can rest
Two cup/snack holders and storage cubby under seat and a cup/snack holder tray in rear seat
Front seat car seat adaptor to accept a second Graco SnugRide Infant Car Seat or Infant SafeSeat Car Seat
Elevated rear seat so everyone gets a good view
Rotating canopy with peek-a-boo window shades your child from any direction
Lockable front swivel wheels with suspension for a smoother ride
Front and rear 3-point harnesses help keep children securly seated
Easy one-touch foot brakes
Removable infant head support cradles child's head and neck

Recommended Use: Front seat holds child up to 50 lbs. Rear seat holds child up to 40 lbs. Dimensions: 28.9"L x 22.3"W x 44"H Width of Handle: 15.8" Weight: 39 lbs.

Take care,

Julie
Julie :hb: Steve
Sara: (01/05) & James: (07/07)
:angel: 02/04 & :angel: 06/06
fingersdoublecrossed
Friend

Postby fingersdoublecrossed » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:03 pm

BTW Nina?
If you've got some $$ to spend, THIS is the stroller I would suggest...but particularly because your kids will be CLOSE in age...as the seats aren't known for being for tall kids.

http://www.janeusa.com/powertwincolors.htm

I don't know the EXACT specificiations but you can check further if you're interested...or I will! ;)

Julie
Julie :hb: Steve
Sara: (01/05) & James: (07/07)
:angel: 02/04 & :angel: 06/06
fingersdoublecrossed
Friend

Return to Strollers & Travel