Peg vs Chicco

Share advice on going places with baby

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Peg vs Chicco

Postby madismom » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm

So I was wondering if you guys has any experience with the 2 travel systems I am stuck on. We are either getting the Pliko P3 (Peg Perego) with the Primo Viaggio infant seat, or the Chicco Cortina with the key fit 30 seat. The Chicco gets the better ratings in safety and consumer reports but I love the Pliko strollers easy steering and how light weight it is. I am stumped- Any personal experiences to help me make our choice??? I want soemthing light and easy that will last. Thanks- Su
Su 29
DH 29
DD 6
dd 3/16/09
plus 2 fur babies:)

madismom
Star Member
Star Member

Postby laurab007 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:34 pm

I have the Chicco and I love it! It is such a great stoller and car seat for the money. The Peg is so much more expensive and I really don't think you need to spend that much on a stroller. The Chicco folds up so easily, the basket is big, I love the drink holder and little cubby for keys and cell phone. It's a really great stroller and I highly recommend it.

I used it exclusively until dd was about 12 months, then I switched to an umbrella stroller (I got the Joovy Groove and love it). I wanted something smaller for the car and just smaller for going to the store. We just didn't need all the features of the Chicco anymore (tray, basket, etc.).
Laura - 43 and still fabulous!
:angel: 1/19/10 M/C 8w5d d&c (triploidy)
No longer TTC

ImageImage

laurab007
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ZiggyGirl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:28 pm

+1 on loving the Chicco Cortina. We bought before the keyfit 30 (which goes up to 30lbs), but Lil bit outgrew it in length before weight, so that isn't an issue for us.

I love the fact that the handle on the stroller is adjustable, since dh is a foot taller than I am. It's very comfortable for both of us because he can raise it up, and I can have it lower.
ZiggyGirl
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby danielle-g » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 am

I would go with Chicco- one reason Chicco tends to be a bit heavier is BECAUSE its safer- they are paying more attention to safety qualities than weight... that is what I was explained to by a boutique owner who carries them all and knows a ton- it was all i needed to hear before I went out and purchased my Chicco system.
military wife to a deployed soldier
(dd) haidenne 5.12.04
(dd) ella rose- 6.29.09 - via successful VBAC
First time surro-mommy - EDD 1/16/2012
danielle-g
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MK13 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:00 am

My vote goes to Chicco as well. While it is on the heavier side, it drives so easily! I had a c/section and had to be out and about just 4 or 5 days after I had my baby and while it wasn't easy taking it out of the card and putting it back, the car seat went in really easily and I could drive the stroller with TWO FINGERS! I mean it! Can't do that any more since my LO's almost 20 lbs now but it still stears really easily with one hand as opposed to another stroller I have where I have to use two hands to navigate. Plus the big "shopping bag" underneath is great too. When I need to do some basic shopping and don't want to be taking a shopping cart, I just put the stuff down there and use it instead. The keyfit 30 seat is great too. With most other seats, I'd already have to use a convertible seat because of my baby's height (and weight as well pretty soon) and that would be a pain going shopping since he doesn't sit unassisted yet. This way I just consider lifting the seat a part of my daily workout!:-)
ME 35
DH 40
DSS 18
DS August 15, 2008 ... 3 weeks early
DS2 March 15, 2010 ... 3 weeks early
baby#3 ... edd 12/21/12 ... u/s at 12 weeks showed no heartbeat ... D&C at 13 weeks 6/14/12

MK13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babybump2008 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 pm

We have the Chicco and really like it. It is less bulky and lighter than many other travel systems, easy to push, and it folds up easily. I also like the basket which is a good size and cup holders. And, you can easily snap the car seat into it.

I don't have an experience with the Peg Perego other than when we were looking for a stroller. I found it to be pretty low. It reminded me of a child's play stroller.

babybump2008
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Strollers & Travel