Two Week Wait

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)
Post a reply

Re: BFP after IVF#1

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Tagra- I'm so glad your appointment went well! Hopefully you will be able to go back to your normal schedule soon and graduate to the regular OBGYN. When is your next appointment?

Petri- Good luck today! Let us know how your appointment goes! My first two appointments with the OB were two weeks apart (10 and 12 weeks) because I was going off progesterone and was nervous about how that would affect me. Now I am on a "regular" schedule of every four weeks until 28 weeks, then every 2 weeks again. It's soo hard to wait four weeks! But at least my appointment is finally coming up!

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Ladies-

Hope all is well. Just popping on to check in and see how things are going?

Sauce- Just wanted to wish you luck for your appointment tomorrow! I know you probably can't wait to see your little baby again!

Tagra- How's it going over there? Excited to hear about how your next appointment goes. Hope the limited travel is not too tough for you and gets lifted soon!

AFM- my first OB appointment last Thursday went well. Baby looks great (even starting to look like a little person) and his/her heartbeat was 177BPM! My ovaries are still huge, covered in cysts that are larger than the gestational sac the baby is growing in, and are hanging very low in my pelvis- closer to my rectum. So they still won't give me the okay to go to spin class. But I'm hanging in there. They say that they should go down once I hit 12-13wks. I can't wait for that! The doc was super nice and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with them. The only thing is that I did not go in prepared with questions, but I suppose we have a few months to get all of the questions out! There was some confusion on the EDD of our little peanut as the OB was saying 6/12 would be my due date, but my RE had said 6/7. when I found one of the IVF calculators online the EDD I got was 6/9. OB has agreed to go with the due date our RE gave us of 6/7, but of course he told us that due dates don't mean a whole lot and that we could essentially go 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks later. Next appointment is 11/17.

Hope you ladies are both feeling well!

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 am

Hello LAdies,

Sorry for being MIA (missing in action) on here but I guess I was busy throwing up and struggling with feeling settled with whatvever I ate this past week. I was all okay until 9 weeks and then it all started at 9w2d. Waiting to see them after NT Scan this Saturday. I hope the baby is doing good. HB was 163 BPM so all looked good. I think no restriction as such she just wanted me to take rest and care as much as possible. And since we can get WFH then I thought its better to avail :) Planning to join back once I complete my 1st trimester. Since it has happened after ages every single person around me is just EXTRA cautious about any and everything!

Sauce - How did you apt go and how are you feeling?

PetriDish - Glad to know the new doc is nice and all went well. Thats a great HB number, congrats! And good luck for your apt.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi ladies! I'm so happy to hear both of your appointments went well!

Petri- That sounds so uncomfortable! I hope you are feeling better. Is this technically OHSS or something else? I'm glad baby is doing well! It's kind of weird that your doctors disagreed on due date. Doesn't IVF make it pretty easy to determine due date? I know due date isn't a set thing, though, so I'm sure a few days difference won't matter! I'm glad you get to go back soon!

Tagra- I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Only a few more weeks until you should start seeing an improvement! I'm so glad everything is progressing well! Yay for getting to see baby again this weekend!

Are either of you ladies planning to find out the sex? I can't remember if I told you this, but we did genetic testing before our FET so we have known from the beginning that our baby is a girl. I'm looking forward to confirming that at our 20 week anatomy scan Dec. 7!

Nothing new here. My appointment last week went well. They didn't do an ultrasound, but we heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. The only disappointment was that I found out that my insurance will only pay for me to give birth at one specific hospital in our city (it's my husband's insurance and he works at that hospital so I guess it makes sense) but my OB can't deliver there so I am going to have to switch doctors. It's annoying, but not the end of the world. There is a great private practice group at the hospital so I will be seeing them from now on.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Ladies!

I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing? It's been pretty quiet on here.

Sauce- Sorry to hear that you had to move your OB. Have you officially moved over yet and met your new team? I hope it was a smooth transition. To answer your questions from a few weeks ago- yes, all that I have going on is a result of OHSS unfortunately. I think my RE and OB were off on dates b/c the OB's usually go by the first day of your last period to calculate your due date and the RE's go by your retrieval date (in a fresh cycle). The ladies at the desk didn't take the paperwork that my RE gave us to give to the OB so I think they calculated the due date by the last period originally. All straight now! :-) We decided not to find out the gender of our baby. We are looking forward to being surprised when the baby comes :-)

Tagra- I hope you are doing okay and that things are getting better for you! Has the morning sickness subsided a bit?

AFM- last appointment was on 11/29 and we had the NT scan (which looked great and in range according to the U/S tech). I was so happy to have finally graduated to a belly U/S- no more Transvaginal ultrasounds for this girl! They also took blood for the Panorama test (we told them not to check the box to find out gender- we are looking forward to waiting until baby arrives) and the Harmony 4 test. Will get those results back around week 16. I still have a rather large cyst on one of my ovaries that they want to continue to monitor. So at my next appointment on 12/29 I will be getting another u/s when typically I wouldn't have had another until week 20. I am still not allowed to go to spin class or have sex because they don't want the cyst to burst. Only good thing about all of this is that we will get to see our baby again at our next appt. Hoping this cyst goes away by the next appt though!

Have a great day ladies!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am

Hello Ladies,

Long time since we chatted. I was busy with my brothers wedding :) All was good except that my dress may have spill the secret already to few observant eyes :mrgreen: Anyhow I had the NT scan too and met my doc yesterday. As per her all is well and I can now have noodles (that I use to love) sans the msg so yay! We were so excited to see the baby who was constantly moving. Crossing all my fingers for all to be well until he/she is in our arms O:)

Petridish - That would be a nice surprise. Here we any way do not get to know the gender until birth :)How are you feeling otherwise? I'm burping big time and at time time continuously. Glad to know that the scan went great and you will get to see the baby again at the month end. Loads of luck!

Sauce - How have you been? And how is the new OB? Did you see him yet?

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:30 am

Hi ladies! I'm glad you're back! I have been thinking about you both and hoping all is well.

Petri- Glad your NT scan went well! That sucks that there is still a cyst that is hanging around, but at least you get to see baby again at your next appointment instead of having to wait until your 20 week! I hope the cyst is gone so that you can resume your normal activities.

Tagra- Congratulations to your brother! I'm glad you are able to eat your noodles again! Does that mean your morning sickness has gone away? I'm glad your NT scan went well too. It's so amazing to see baby moving around in there. I wish we got to have ultrasounds once a week!

AFM- I had my anatomy scan yesterday. I went to the old OB because the new place was going to take a few extra weeks to get me scheduled for the ultrasound and I didn't want to wait. I will officially transfer to the new OB for my 24 week appointment. The anatomy scan is awesome! It took about 30 minutes and the ultrasound tech went over pretty much every part of baby's body, making sure all is well (it was). While she was doing the scan, baby was moving around a lot. I started feeling movements a few weeks ago and they are getting stronger now. It's reassuring to feel her in there. My OB recommended that we also get a fetal echo done as IVF babies have a slightly increased risk of heart defects (not sure why) so we scheduled that for two weeks from now. Are either of you doing a fetal echo?

Congratulations to both of you on being out of the first trimester! So far the second trimester has been better for me. My only complaints are that I am super congested all the time and I am starting to get heartburn. Any new symptoms for you ladies?

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Tagra- so glad that your NT scan also went well. What a relief, right? Congrats to your brother on his wedding! Did anyone come up to you and ask if you were pregnant or did you just see them checking out your little bump? I just told my team at work on Monday night that we are expecting and they are all so excited for us. I'm also relieved to put it out there so that maybe I can stop wearing just my baggy shirts :wink: Glad that you get to eat your noodles again. It sure is something else to see the baby moving around in there!

Sauce- Oh my gosh!! I cannot believe you are halfway through your pregnancy already! So glad that your anatomy scan went well! After hearing you talk about how much time they spent on yours, I can't wait for mine!! :-) I haven't felt any movement yet and can't wait for that to start up. It must be an amazing feeling (and also a re-assuring feeling to know that the baby is moving around in there). My OB hasn't mentioned a fetal echo to us, but maybe they will mention it when we get closer to where you are in the pregnancy?

AFM- not much to report. Just waiting for my next appointment at the end of the month. I feel pretty good and haven't had any new symptoms. Looking forward to seeing the little peanut again in a couple of weeks! We did go to Babies R US to start one of our registries over the weekend (we are also registering at babylist for anything that we would prefer from other stores or specialty items from etsy,etc). Shopping was a good time- we looked like complete amateurs trying to get strollers to close and car seats off of bases to try out. It was quite comical, but we had a few good laughs.

Have a great rest of your week ladies!

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:17 am

Hi ladies! I hope you had a great holiday season! How is everything going?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 am

Hey Ladies,

Long time no see! How are you both doing? I have started experiencing the baby movements and its amazing. Trying to overcome the fear of labor and delivery. Are you planning to go for a normal or c-sec? Take care.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 am

Hi Tagra! Baby movements are amazing aren't they? I haven't been worrying too much about labor and delivery. I'm more nervous about potential complications than I am about pain. I just want to meet this baby already! I am hoping to avoid a c-section as it is major surgery and carries greater risks than a vaginal birth, but obviously I just want to get baby out safely so if I end up needing one I will go with my doctor's advice. I am planning to get an epidural though. I don't think I would want to do it without pain relief. What are your plans?

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 am

Yes Sauce, they are amazing. Helps shift focus from any problem whatsoever. Dunno why but vomiting again started for me in week 27. Plus got cold so just trying to take easy. Yes whatever os good for the baby. I'm scared of vaginal delivery pains though! And most cases around me ended up few hours of enduring the pain only to end in c-sec because of fetal distress. This is one case I wish doesn't happen to me. My only hope is my mom's case. She had very quick vaginal deliveries with all 3 of us so it gives me some hope. But then to counter that hope is our current lifestyle! I mean in their times they use to work a lot in way that helped their pelvic floors to be strong but these days we hardly do any physical labor so not sure how birth-ready my body and muscles are!! Lets see what my doctor advises as I also plan to go with that.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello! Just checking in to say there is no baby yet. Ugh. I am 39 weeks, 1 day today and so ready to meet her. At my appointment yesterday I was 1.5 cm dilated and 25% effaced, but that really doesn't mean anything. We scheduled an induction for May 3 just to have it on the books, but I am hoping to go into labor before that. Right now it feels like she is never going to get here and every day is slower than the one before. Hopefully I will go into labor soon. Tagra how are you doing?
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend