Two Week Wait

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)
Post a reply

Re: BFP after IVF#1

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Tagra- I'm so glad your appointment went well! Hopefully you will be able to go back to your normal schedule soon and graduate to the regular OBGYN. When is your next appointment?

Petri- Good luck today! Let us know how your appointment goes! My first two appointments with the OB were two weeks apart (10 and 12 weeks) because I was going off progesterone and was nervous about how that would affect me. Now I am on a "regular" schedule of every four weeks until 28 weeks, then every 2 weeks again. It's soo hard to wait four weeks! But at least my appointment is finally coming up!

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Ladies-

Hope all is well. Just popping on to check in and see how things are going?

Sauce- Just wanted to wish you luck for your appointment tomorrow! I know you probably can't wait to see your little baby again!

Tagra- How's it going over there? Excited to hear about how your next appointment goes. Hope the limited travel is not too tough for you and gets lifted soon!

AFM- my first OB appointment last Thursday went well. Baby looks great (even starting to look like a little person) and his/her heartbeat was 177BPM! My ovaries are still huge, covered in cysts that are larger than the gestational sac the baby is growing in, and are hanging very low in my pelvis- closer to my rectum. So they still won't give me the okay to go to spin class. But I'm hanging in there. They say that they should go down once I hit 12-13wks. I can't wait for that! The doc was super nice and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with them. The only thing is that I did not go in prepared with questions, but I suppose we have a few months to get all of the questions out! There was some confusion on the EDD of our little peanut as the OB was saying 6/12 would be my due date, but my RE had said 6/7. when I found one of the IVF calculators online the EDD I got was 6/9. OB has agreed to go with the due date our RE gave us of 6/7, but of course he told us that due dates don't mean a whole lot and that we could essentially go 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks later. Next appointment is 11/17.

Hope you ladies are both feeling well!

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 am

Hello LAdies,

Sorry for being MIA (missing in action) on here but I guess I was busy throwing up and struggling with feeling settled with whatvever I ate this past week. I was all okay until 9 weeks and then it all started at 9w2d. Waiting to see them after NT Scan this Saturday. I hope the baby is doing good. HB was 163 BPM so all looked good. I think no restriction as such she just wanted me to take rest and care as much as possible. And since we can get WFH then I thought its better to avail :) Planning to join back once I complete my 1st trimester. Since it has happened after ages every single person around me is just EXTRA cautious about any and everything!

Sauce - How did you apt go and how are you feeling?

PetriDish - Glad to know the new doc is nice and all went well. Thats a great HB number, congrats! And good luck for your apt.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi ladies! I'm so happy to hear both of your appointments went well!

Petri- That sounds so uncomfortable! I hope you are feeling better. Is this technically OHSS or something else? I'm glad baby is doing well! It's kind of weird that your doctors disagreed on due date. Doesn't IVF make it pretty easy to determine due date? I know due date isn't a set thing, though, so I'm sure a few days difference won't matter! I'm glad you get to go back soon!

Tagra- I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Only a few more weeks until you should start seeing an improvement! I'm so glad everything is progressing well! Yay for getting to see baby again this weekend!

Are either of you ladies planning to find out the sex? I can't remember if I told you this, but we did genetic testing before our FET so we have known from the beginning that our baby is a girl. I'm looking forward to confirming that at our 20 week anatomy scan Dec. 7!

Nothing new here. My appointment last week went well. They didn't do an ultrasound, but we heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. The only disappointment was that I found out that my insurance will only pay for me to give birth at one specific hospital in our city (it's my husband's insurance and he works at that hospital so I guess it makes sense) but my OB can't deliver there so I am going to have to switch doctors. It's annoying, but not the end of the world. There is a great private practice group at the hospital so I will be seeing them from now on.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Ladies!