How long do you plan to wait before TTC#2?

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How long to wait between attempting IVF for baby #2?

0-6 months
19%
7-12 months
25%
12-18 months
40%
18-24 months
17%

Total votes : 53

Postby afireinside » Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 am

Not sure what we will do. Had a successful first IVF and now pregnant with twins but no snowbabies - 7 didn't make it through the freeze, unfortunately. I think maybe after they are a few years we'll just NTNP but I don't think we'll go through all these treatments again. Who knows - maybe a natural miracle will happen?
Me - 31 (Edwyna) DH - 31

Took us 3 years to conceive our TWINS so don't give up!
Sophie & Riley were born at 25w6d gestation On Oct. 2/12 at 1.5 lbs each
Sophie & Riley were split up to different hospitals 10 days after birth and not reunited for another 80 days but they are finally back together.
... LOVES of my life!!!
afireinside
Star Member
Star Member

Re: How long do you plan to wait before TTC#2?

Postby MichelleDis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 pm

I am definitely not the norm, but we haven't been with anything we've done..........dated for 8 years before getting married and didn't TTC until years after that. I have a 5yo son- just turned 5 in late October and we just did our IVF in NOv/Dec and I am now 8.5 preggo with twins. So we waited over 5 years. I am also older- 39 and DH is 41, but we really wanted to wait until DS would be in school and therefore able to help more (or not require as much help himself!). As sick as I am so far (since wk 5), and working full-time, I am grateful we waiting this long as DS is great- and self-sufficent. I would not be able to chase a toddler around feeling like i do right now. lol

Michelle- 39, DH 41
Mom to 5yo boy (IVF)
Latest pregnancy-
IVF #1- ER- 11/30
ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies
Beta- 14dpo- 488
Beta- 18dpo- 2500
7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS!
EDD 8/21/13
MichelleDis
Friend

Postby jlf82 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 am

We tried naturally for about a year and then finally got pregnant after 2nd cycle of Clomid/IUI (unexplained IF). I am now 10 weeks along with first baby but the conversation of "when should we start trying again" has already come up. I too would like to BF for at least 6 months-1yr. We'll probably not try not prevent during that time, and then start tryih naturally again when the baby is 1. If nothing happens after 3-6 months, will probably go back to the RE for another IUI cycle. I would like my kids to be close in age as well.
Me-30 DH-31

NTNP Oct 2011-Dec 2011
TTC#1 naturally-Jan 2012-Sept 2012-->"Unexplained Infertility"
IUI #1 Oct 2012-BFN
IUI #2 Nov 2012-BFP at 14dpiui! Beta 280mIU/mL
12/21/12- First u/s at 7w0d, singleton baby, :hb: 141!
1/11/13-First prenatal visit at 10w0d, :hb: heard on doppler, 165-170!
2/5/13-Normal NT scan at 13w3d, :hb: 160's! Looks like a baby!
3/4/13-Prenatal visit, 17w2d, all is well, :hb: 150's
3/12/13-Gender & Anatomy Scan....It's a boy!!

jlf82

Postby witchmagpie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 am

I'm 13 weeks along right now, and all is going well so far (knock wood), but we are already planning for our next pregnancy. I will breastfeed for 9 months and then we will do a frozen embryo transfer with two of our four frozen embryos. DH and I want to knock out all the child bearing before we hit our fifties! At least my embryos are frozen in time and won't age/deteriorate :) If we get another singleton, or it doesn't work, then we always have two more frozen embryos to use.

Jennifer
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
[*]PCOS, low progesterone, HSG/SHG done-blocked tubes opened
[*] male factor-low count, poor morphology
[*] 1st IVF cycle successful-singleton born 7/7/13
[*] 2nd IVF cycle failed-mc at 7 weeks 12/9/14
[*] Natural BFP 5/11/15 but very low HCG-waiting to see if numbers double of if chemical occurs
witchmagpie

Postby amazinglyamy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:02 am

I was attracted to your post because I am back on this site after having our son via IVF.

He is now 13 months and we decided not to prevent when we started to DTD again because we tried for a long time before IVF also and my doctor told me because of my tubes the odds of me conceiving naturally even after giving birth (as that can increase the odds for many women) were less than 1%. I just went and had an appointment to talk about the next round of IVF (we were planning for fall as I am a teacher) and I was supposed to call day 1 of period to get bloodwork and all that. Realized AF seemed late (I hadn't really been keeping track but I have regular 28 day cycles)

Well I just took my 3rd pregnancy test and got my third positive!
I am going in for bloodwork tomorrow but I am in shock- I never in a million years thought I could get pregnant naturally, I was told over and over it wasn't in the cards.

I wish you all the best and all the luck!

amazinglyamy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments