Trying not to be ungrateful!

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Trying not to be ungrateful!

Postby niclet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

I have a BEAUTIFUL 3 week old DD that we were blessed with after 4 years of TTC, 1 loss, 2 IUIs, and the label of "unexplained" infertility. However, I find myself SO angry and upset that I do nto get to worry over birth control like most other women do. I am SO angry that I do not get to make the choice of "if" we want more kids. Instead, if we decide we want more, I get to cry over tests and go to fertility Dr.s. Nor fair! Just had to rant....thanks for listening.
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Postby Zephyr » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:12 pm

:( I commiserate. I would love to have the blessing of worrying about limiting the number of children we welcomed into our family.

On the other hand though, infertility taught me some hard, hard lessons. It grew me as a woman, a wife, and has made me a better mother than I would've been without it.
Baby J is here!
Zephyr
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby leahtill » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 am

I'm right there with you. I have two great babies as a result of IVF. We will never be able to do IVF again and DH doesn't want any more children. He has a 16 and 14 yr old from a previous marriage.

Every month when I ovulate, I get depressed. I always think what's the point in having my body tell me it's ready to release an egg when I know it's not going to happen. Why do I have to go through that reminder every single month?

You are not alone and it's okay to be angry.
Me 30, DH 41
IVF July 2009: Boy Girl Twins 34 weeks 1 day: 2-23-10 Alexis 4 lbs 1 oz, Zachary 4 lbs 3 oz
<br>
leahtill
Angel
Angel

Postby ete29 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 pm

I totally understand that. It took us 18 months to get pregnant with DS. When I finally got AF back, I started to get anxious about TTC again - it brought up so many emotions for me. TTC our son was one of the hardest times of our marriage, and it should have been one of the most exciting times!

We were blessed to get PG again quickly - remember that you cannot know the future, it may be easier than you expect.
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robynsegg2 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Anything is possible in life! Congratulations on your baby!

A very dear friend of mine went through 3 failed IVF's, 2 losses and 6 IUI's and finally on her 4th IVF had a successful pregnancy and her son is now 3. She got pregnant 2 months later on her own. Like I said, anything is possible!

But, with that being said, I hate getting my period...its such a waste! :x
Me - Robyn 31, DW - Melissa 32

Robynsegg2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby krakenem » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 am

theres a sort of famous Blogger that had IVF nine times, several miscarriages and a twin still birth. Finally had her healthy IVF twins, and then became pregnant at the age of 40 with no interventions at all. My cousin took 6 years to become pregnant with her first child.. 3 years and lots of clomid and IUI with the second, and when that baby was a few months old she got pregnant with her third child.. and was very surprised. There is a moderator on this board (Cacton) who had 3 or 4 IUIs and one with injectibles to get her son, and a year or so later became pregnant on the pill!

I even have a similar story, although we dont know what the outcome of this pregnancy will be. Ive been TTC for almost 5 years. never been pg in my 30's without clomid. Miscarried many times. Hadnt been pregnant in the past 1.5 years even with clomid, femara, IUI with trigger etc. I was just getting ready to do an Embryo donation cycle and had all my meds ordered, legal paperwork done, diagnostic procedures.. and then learned I was 7.5 weeks pregnant last week. Most any doctor would tell you the chances of that happening are slim.. but here I am.

I know that just because I know of people who are pregnant easily after infertility does not mean that it can or will happen for everyone. But especially with unexplained infertility.. I totally wouldnt rule it out just yet. The body is a strange and mysterious thing!
Emily 35
Surprise BFP 3-24!

EDD november 15th 2011
ultrasound 4-1-2011 measuring 7w3d
:hb: 164
ultrasound 4-8-2011 measuring 8w4d

Image [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
krakenem
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby niclet » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:12 pm

I just can not say thank you enough for all of these positive stories!! All too often we read the negatives and begin to feel all sad and down....I feel like I can get preggo NOW after reading all of this. Keep them coming ladies....I say it is time to share the good things that can happen through God!
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

niclet
Angel
Angel

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments