Anyone want to start a buddy group?

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone want to start a buddy group?

Postby EndointheArctic » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Is anyone interested in starting a pregnant after IF buddy group?

I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant with number 1 after 2.5 years of trying. We got this little miracle through IVF and have 4 beautiful frosties for siblings! I feel very blessed but I also worry alot which I think just comes with pregnancy after IF. I thought it would be nice to talk regularly with girls who feel the same way.
Lindsey (27) married to Blue (29)
Got our miracle with IVF 1.5 in Vegas!
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160
Our little breech boy is due May 17th
Scheduled C-section May 8th!

Waiting for our little Marek to arrive!

My blog - www.adventuresofendointhearctic.blogspot.com

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby amandar63 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:05 am

Hi Lindsey! I am also pg with our first IVF miracle after trying for 3 years. I am currently 12 weeks pg. I agree with you on the scary part. First, I was scared we wouldn't see a heartbeat. Then, I was scared I would miscarry, and wanted to get through my first trimester. Now I am almost done with my first trimester, and I am scared something else will go wrong. I guess our days of worrying have just begun though...lol
amandar63
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

hey

Postby kitty1978 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

hi i'll join u, im 20 weeks with our ivf baby the first and probaly only one. We found out its a girl. I hope every one is ok and healthy.
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/]Image[/url
kitty1978
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby curteisye » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Lindsey. I remember you from the endo group on the ttc side. I am here with my second IF pregnancy. This time through IVF. I'm now just over 12 weeks and had my OB appointment today and got to hear the hb. Such a relief after no appointments since 8w. I have my NT scan tomorrow and now I am already worrying about if it will go well or not. No the worry never really ends even after they are born, it only transforms.
Carrie Me 36 DH 34 DS#1 6 ; DS#2&3 born 3/11/09. Lost DS#3 to SIDS 10/14/09 - I miss my angel every day.
curteisye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby EndointheArctic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Welcome ladies!

I'm still surprised daily at how hard it is to assume everything is going well. I think IF just made me a little jaded! I pretty much worry all the time which I'm trying to fix but having a hard time with. I have my first OB appt tomorrow and my 10 week US wedn, then i'm released from the RE and get to stop the steroids, PIO and prog suppositories! Unfortunately I'll still be on a shot of lovenox everyday until baby is here, but I'm not complaining, just happy to still be pregnant.

Curteisye - I remember you too! Its so nice to see you over on "the other side!" Congrats on making it to the second tri! I think the waits between ultrasounds are even harder than all those TWWs we had getting here!

Kitty - Congrats on your little girl! I'm so jealous you know the sex! I can't wait so I can start planning the nursery! Have you picked out any nursery stuff yet?

Amanda- The worrying stuff is out of control isn't it! I thought after you got pregnant it was all just sunshine and lollypops but it turns out you worry more because it was so hard to get here. One thing I've realized that has started to help is that we aren't gaurenteed tomorrow so I might as well enjoy being pregnant today, its not going to make it hurt any less if we lose the baby if I've worried the whole time... but easier said than done! When do you get to see your peanut again?
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Cattycat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:12 am

Hi girls
I too am plagued with worry and keep thinking I need to get to nxt wk then I'll njoy it but that day arrives and my next worry takes over!
I'm currently off work as I had a bleed on Wednesday - they don't seem worried as my first u/s showed a smaller sac which they think has caused the bleeding. Had a u/s on wednesday and saw a strong heart beat but been told to take it easy
Glad I'm not the only one worrying but sorry u r all too!
I think we worry so much it will never happen and then it does and u feel like its too good to be true! I said to my sis I just feel so lucky I am pg and she said actually u r not lucky at all - look at all u have gone through its about time ur luck changed! I think she's right!
Xx
Ttc since 2007 unexplained
me 33 Hubby 37
10 cycles of clomid bfns
first iui september 2011 bfn
second iui October 2011 . . .bfp!!! 24.10.11
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Cattycat

Postby amandar63 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Cat- I just wanted to let you know that I spotted twice during my first trimester at 6 and 8 weeks. Both times it was bright red. I was scared to death, but I am still pg with a very active little boy at 17 weeks. I hope all goes well.

I hope everyone else is doing well too. We just found out we are having a little boy, and couldn't be more excited. Now it is time to plan the nursery and shop :D
amandar63
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby curteisye » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I too spotted at the 6 and 8 week mark and am 17 weeks also. I know how hard it is not to stress over every little thing, but there are plenty of us who have been there and have come out the other side. So just know you are not alone and there are plenty of positive stories to draw from in this case.
Carrie Me 36 DH 34 DS#1 6 ; DS#2&3 born 3/11/09. Lost DS#3 to SIDS 10/14/09 - I miss my angel every day.
curteisye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cattycat » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am

Oh thanks!! Hav been sooo worried terrified every time I go to the loo! Having another scan on thursday and planning to relax about it if all ok
Amanda a little boy! How precious!
Ttc since 2007 unexplained
me 33 Hubby 37
10 cycles of clomid bfns
first iui september 2011 bfn
second iui October 2011 . . .bfp!!! 24.10.11
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Cattycat

Postby EndointheArctic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Catty- I'm sorry to hear about the bleed but glad you're doing well otherwise.

I haven't had any spotting yet (and I'm 16 weeks) but I still religiously check the toilet paper, maybe thats one of those IF habits that you can never compeltely break?
Beta 1 - 9dp5dt - 62
Beta 2 - 11dp5dt - 160

EndointheArctic
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby curteisye » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 pm

I am nearly 20 weeks and I can't stop checking my tp either. I went through the whole pregnancy with the twins checking my tp too and in fact for months after they were born I still couldn't stop myself. I had become OCD. I will find myself bringing it really close and analyzing it for any microscopic streaks too :oops: I probably need professional help.
curteisye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments