Using DHEA and IVF

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Using DHEA and IVF

Postby Kryssy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm

I am posting here for a friend. She has been struggling with infertility for 6 years now. They tried IVF twice but she never produced enough viable eggs for the clinic to proceed, (they require 5.) Anyways she is now on DHEA for 3 months and then they will try again. She has been on it for only a week and is already having the Rage issue really bad. We were wondering if the fact that she is already having side effects is a good sign that it is working for her.
Has anyone ever used DHEA? Did it result in a pregnancy? Did you have the Rage issue and then get pregnant or not get pregnant? I thought it would be an interesting thing to look into so I came here. Thank you for any and all comments.
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Using DHEA and IVF

Postby JJsBump » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

I was put on dhea to prep for my second fresh IVF...doc started me on 75mgs a day.

I had to keep dropping my dose down because my dhea and testosterone levels were going up too high..eventually I was taken off of it altogether because of this.

If you're friend is feeling "rage" that could be due to her testosterone levels rising. Thing is, when you use dhea, you need to have your blood monitored closely (dhea and testosterone levels) to make sure the level isn't going up too high because that may not be a good thing. With hormones you are seeking balance and dhea supplement directly affects your hormones and can make them out of whack.

Generally, Dhea is given to women who have DOR, or who are older and don't produce a lot of eggs...I believe it helps more with quantity vs quality.

All his being said, my AFC doubled from IVF 1 to IVF 2, and the dhea may have had something to do with that. But I was also taking 1200mgs of coq10 and metformin daily as well for egg quality.

Wishing her lots of luck!
Me:(JJ) 33 DH:37
TTC#1 for 2.5 years
IVF#1: BFP but chemical
FET#1: BFN
IVF#2: BFP! TWINS!!
15w: 2 BOYS!!!!
4/10/13: We welcomed E & O @ 35 weeks!!
5/8/15: SURPRISE BFP !!!
Betas: 12dpo: 49, 14dpo: 102, 21dpo: 1749, 28dpo: 14,737
6/4/15: ONE baby with :hb: 134
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
JJsBump
Angel
Angel

Re: Using DHEA and IVF

Postby Kryssy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 pm

She is being closely monitored by one of the best fertility clinics in Canada so I assume they know what they are doing. She just wasn't ready to fell like killing people or little things! lol
Me: Kryssy 32
DH: 28
DS: Born Dec. 27, 2010
DS: Born Aug. 30, 2012
DD: Born Dec. 12, 2013
5 Angels.

ImageImage
Kryssy
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments