July/August Babies

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: July Babies

Postby Threedogsandababy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:59 pm

That makes perfect sense, Jean!

So my DH and I haven't BDed since before our FET, so we asked our Doc yesterday if we could resume. He said we could, provided it was gentle and that we stop if I noticed pain or bleeding. So we gave it a go last night, but I had to stop half way through -- it just didn't feel very good and I started cramping. Just now, I noticed the tiniest amount of brown cm. I'm sure it's nothing, but I haven't had any spotting since my BFP, so I was definitely taken aback. I told my DH that I think we'll wait for a few more weeks before trying again. Ugh...! Have either of you given it a go since your BFPs?
Me: 28 (anovulation; PCOS)
DH: 28 (perfectly healthy)
IVF #1 - FET
9/28/15 - Begin IVF stims
10/13/15 - ER
11/11 - FET (2 PGS normal blasts)
11/16 - :bfp:
11/20 - Beta #1 (9dp5dt) - 95
11/23 - Beta #2 (12dp5dt) - 387
11/30 - Beta #3 (19dp5dt) - 6711 & US #1 confirmed - one little girl! :babyg:
12/7 - US #2 - :hb: 120
12/14 - US #3 - :hb: 144

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:40 pm

No we haven't :-/ at my ultrasound at 6 weeks he said everything looked great and that we could resume. We didn't even ask; he just prompted that we could. However I'm not super comfortable starting just yet. Maybe if the ultrasound this Thursday goes well we could try.... Gently. I'm not feeling it and I know my husband wants to but ugh. I just am a worrier!

How about you puppy mom?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:10 pm

I have no desire to BD to be honest. I'm exhausted at bedtime and just want to go to bed. I'm also on Crinone which builds up like cottage cheese - blue cottage cheese because I still have to take one of my estrogen pills vaginally. How romantic huh?!?!

My husband doesn't know about all that, he just knows that I'm taking medication vaginally so he is passing on BDing for now. Plus he mentioned he wants the pregnancy to progress further first.

I wouldn't worry about the brown threedogs, it's most likely just irritation. If you were nervous, you may not have had much natural lubrication. We've been a while without BDing - we're almost virgins again! Haha!!

In other news, I asked my husband last night if he was nervous about the ultrasound on Monday. He said no and that he was hoping it was twins... What???? He said he will be happy either way but he will be a little disappointed if it's not twins. I will definitely be happy either way, but as I said last night, I'm aware of the struggles that will arise with raising two babies.

I've been experiencing nausea this evening that's pretty bad. Trying to hold it in. I'm wondering if I do toss my cookies if that effects my estrogen dose and maybe I'd need to retake the pill?
June 2015: bilateral hydrosalphinges, tubes clamped

Sept 2015: IVF #1 - 1 blast transferred, 13 frozen, BFN

Nov 2015: FET #1 - 2 blasts transferred :bfp:

Beta 1: 323
Beta 2: 1220
Beta 3: 24,442

Ultrasound #1 12/7/15 Baby A :hb: 126 Baby B :hb: 124
Ultrasound #2 12/14/15 Baby A :hb: 149 Baby B :hb: 151
Ultrasound #3 12/31/15 Baby A :hb: 167 Baby B :hb: 170

Baby A: BOY :future baby boy: Baby B: GIRL :future baby girl:
Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm still taking a little progesterone too. Just until the Rx runs out. I'm gonna be so nervous when they do. How long are you taking them?

I agree with puppy mom about the tiny amount of blood. It could even be coming from the sides. Like she said, everything in there had probably gone back to original form! Lol! I remember when we BD after my first round of ivf the first couple times were really painful.

Hope your feeling better puppy mom! I've been really lucky as far as morning/evening sickness goes. Just bouts of nausea but they don't last too long and I've never barfed. Any reason your husband thinks it's twins? I'm on my phone (reason for all the typos and edits) so I can't see your signature. Were your betas super high?

Night ladies!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:47 am

We're thinking it may be two because we transferred two and my betas have been high. 323, 1220, and 24,442.

The plan for me is to be on progesterone til week 10. My progesterone was a little low for my second beta and I forgot to ask what it was for the third beta. If it doesn't increase I would be okay with continuing the med for as long as needed.

Tomorrow marks 6 weeks. I've been reading about the progression from different websites each day. Right now the baby/babies are the size of a lentil and by the end of week 6 they will be the size of a blueberry. They have a pumping heart and eyes and little limb buds. :D

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Threedogsandababy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. The brown cm stopped, so I just think it was mild irritation. DH and I agree that we wont' try again for a while because my body is just not ready!

I have been doing the PIO shots rather than the vaginal inserts. I did a bunch of endometrin inserts back when I was doing medicated cycles/IUI, and boy do I remember all of the discharge! I hate getting shots, especially long ones directly into the butt, but I've gotten more used to them. I'll have to continue until week 11 or so of pregnancy... so I'm about half of the way there! If people only realized what we go through on a day to day basis... ha!

I have read that morning sickness usually will set in right around week 6, so Puppy Mom, it sounds like you are right on schedule! I'll hit 6 weeks in two days, and so far, no nausea, but I think that will likely change. I get nauseous all the time (medications, motion sickness, you name it - I'm puking), so I doubt I will be spared! If it starts getting bad, I'd google morning sickness remedies. I know there are a ton of tricks to try to combat it!

Wow - Puppy Mom -- your DH has a preference for twins! Sounds like my DH, who thinks twins are "cool" (good reason, right?) haha I think whether there is one or two in there, it is really nice just knowing. I feel like I've been able to connect more with the pregnancy once knowing for sure that there is one little baby in there growing away! I let my DH give the baby a nickname so we have something to call her, and he chose "Baby Obi" ... as in Obi Baby Kenobi. Just to paint the picture -- my husband is nearly 30, tall, handsome, ivy league educated... and yet, he is an absolute man child that is obsessed with Star Wars. Like for real. Last night, he was so excited because he got to open the first box in his Star Wars lego advent calendar. Yup.... that's my DH for ya! I had never seen Star Wars before meeting him, and in the last year, I finally agreed to watch all 6. I know this is blasphemy, but I just don't' get it. Nonetheless, Baby Obi is our in utero nickname. hahahah Have you guys given your baby a nickname??
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I think by the time my progesterone pills run out I'll be in week 10 too. I feel way more comfortable with that. They never even checked my levels ( that I know of). At the 6w3d ultrasound he took a look around in there and said I'm good to stop. Think the ovaries look a certain way if it's alright to stop? Very strange. The nurse understood my hesitation and said to drop down to 2 doses and just go until the Rx is done.

Since you are both in your sixth week, do you have an ultrasound coming up? I go tomorrow for my 8w3d one. I'm praying all is good. I haven't been throwing up at all. Just a little queasy if I don't get a snack regularly but nothing bad. Unfortunately what I have had- constipation!!! SO not cute!!! Lol

Three dogs-I think our husbands could be friends. Mine is 32 and likes star wars too. He also loves that nerd show- big band theory but I can't stand it! Reminds me too much of how it is when we have his work friends over.

No nicknames really. Just kinda started calling it bean/baby. Should really get something more creative going. I'll bring it up at dinner tonight.
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby onmyway16 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi All! (this is countmein) for some reason I couldn't use my old login to get onto preg boards.. Actually I have had a bitch of a time logging in on this site overall. Not cool.
First- puppy mom: I got all choked up reading about your pup passing. i am so sorry but it made me think how my dog too has stuck out this whole fertility ordeal with me even though he feels awful and is getting old. I think your dog too was helping you along the hard times and now they know its OK for them to pass. We will be putting my beloved doggie down soon too:(
So glad everyone is progressing happily in their pregnancy:) My second beta came back nov 27 at 783 but I don't have an US until dec 14th. I couldn't find an obgyn that would see me any sooner than 10 weeks so my fertility doc said they would do it. I am 5 weeks and 4 days today! Whoopppeeee!! Who knows if there'll be twins. My nurse said there is absolutely no way of guessing because #s don't make any sense to them. I do have to keep taking this damn progesterone in my butt tho and its not fun- however, I am glad to take them because I would be a crying mess if this didn't work. ugh.
My symptoms so far are extremely painful and itchy boobs and slight queasiness. For the first time in my life, I do not know what I want to eat and that is so weird for me. My favorite foods are now gross! I'm eating a lot of ritz crackers.
I wouldn't mind having twins with this pregnancy but I do worry about the premature possibility and the bed rest. A friend of mine is expecting twins in january and she is huge!
Take care everyone:)
onmyway16
Friend

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:08 pm

In our dating days, my husband would tell me that if we got married it would have to be a Star Wars wedding. He's not super into it, he just wanted to tease me. I've never actually seen all the movies. Never been much into it.

I do however LOVE The Bing Bang Theory. It would be funny to hear it as "BBT" in my ttc days because of course that meant something different!!

My first ultrasound is Monday and I'll be 6w4d. Still counting down the days!

Countmein/Onmyway welcome! Glad you made the conversion over!

My symptoms are increasing each day. So far they entail moodiness, exhaustion, breast soreness, food aversions, and having to pee every few hours at night. I'm not sure if I pee a lot during the day because I tend not to think about it, but at night when I'm trying to sleep, I definitely notice it! But it's all worth it!

Hope everyone is doing good. Every day we're a step closer!

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Threedogsandababy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:13 am

Happy Friday everone and welcome to the pregnancy board countmein/onmyway! Ugh, the butt shots are indeed no fun! But you are right -- anything to make this work it totally worth it. We are traveling for Christmas to California, so it will be my first time traveling with needles. Have any of you traveled with IVF needles or PIO shots? I read that you should keep them in your carry-on (in case your main bag gets lost), but I wonder if TSA gives you any problems in security. Thoughts on how to travel with them?

PuppyMom - I have my next US on Monday too, although you get the big news of how many babies there are in there! My doctor said he hopes we'll be able to see a heartbeat by Monday, which would be incredibly cool.

Symptoms have been surprisingly minor. I still am having AF-like cramps pretty frequently, which I've read can be pretty normal as the uterus begins to stretch, but I still have the "omg I'm getting my period" feeling constantly, which sometimes freaks me out. Boobs are a bit sore, but honestly, they not as sore as AF or when I did the vaginal suppositories in the past, but they are getting bigger/heavier already, ugh. I've been a little bit moody and tired, but as of today, no queasiness or food aversions -- hopefully it stays that way for as long as possible!
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Ok, confession time. I had a panicky moment and had a horrible fear that I was no longer pregnant basically because my nausea went away for like an hour. I poas and of course it came back positive. I'm hoping that I can put my fear away but it's tough. The ultrasound on Monday can't come soon enough!! :oops:

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Well if it's confession time- I just found out it's national cookie day. They were showing all these cookies on TV..... And well I just made up a batch of tollhouse and ate about 12. Yikes. They were so good though.

Glad all is still well puppy mom. I swear, I only feel good about things AT the Dr appt (while the wand is still in me lol) and for about 8 hours after. Then I'm back to worrying. Wish I could just be normal!

I've never traveled with shots three dogs, yikes. You'd hate to have them tell you throw it away. They are so expensive and you need them. Any chance you can contact the air line ahead of time and ask?

Welcome count me in! I remember that name from the ttc forums. Happy to see your on your way now ;-) my next appt is Dec 18, so a few days after yours. How far along are you?

I just had an ultrasound yesterday at 8w3d and it was awesome. Heartbeat was around 180 and it looked like a gummy bear like they said it would. Praying it keeps growing and everything stays good. Back to the tww now until the 18th.
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby onmyway16 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:15 am

Hi all, I am exactly 6 weeks preggers today (i hope) and I'm not feeling much of anything. i wish I could stop freaking out about this but as many of you understand too, i just don't quite believe I have a baby in there. My beats are still tender but the nausea has gone away altogether. i think i am going o sneak in another blood test. One more agonizing week till our ultrasound.
good luck all:)
onmyway16
Friend

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:47 am

Well we have some results! It's twins!! Twin A is measuring perfect with a heartbeat of 126 and Twin B is measuring a day ahead with a heartbeat of 124.

Today I'm 6w4d. Eek!

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Threedogsandababy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 am

Jean -- It's so cool that it looks like a gummy bear! Right now, I think the rest of us are still just seeing blobs -- it must be amazing to see something that is slightly more humanoid!

Onmyway - One week feels like forever, doesn't it!? This will be your first ultrasound, right?

Congrats, Puppy Mom!!!!! I am sure both you and DH are thrilled! Your numbers were like triple mine, so I'm not surprised at all that there are two little babies in there! So curious to hear what genders when the time comes!

We just had out second ultrasound, and there was a heartbeat of 120-something. It was sincerely amazing hearing it! My first bout of nausea hit this morning, but doctor gave me a prescription in case it gets bad. My dear friend (my only friend who knew about my IVF journey) made me a first trimester care package -- it was so darn cute. I'm trying out those sea bands that have pressure points that are supposed to alleviate nausea. I always think things like this are voodoo, but I'll give it a go!
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER