July/August Babies

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: July/August Babies

Postby Jean789 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm going back Nov 4th. My mom has actually gotten an apartment here and will be watching our daughter during the week. They live 5 hours away but my mom and dad agree with us that daycare is not an option while she is so little, so they are really helping us out.

Little one is 7 weeks today!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Etta Elizabeth was born yesterday at 5:13pm!! She's beautiful and sweet. I'm extremely tired but trying to enjoy these sweet first moments!
tesskcmo

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Congratulations!! Welcome to mommy-hood!!
June 2015: bilateral hydrosalphinges, tubes clamped

Sept 2015: IVF #1 - 1 blast transferred, 13 frozen, BFN

Nov 2015: FET #1 - 2 blasts transferred :bfp:

Beta 1: 323
Beta 2: 1220
Beta 3: 24,442

Ultrasound #1 12/7/15 Baby A :hb: 126 Baby B :hb: 124
Ultrasound #2 12/14/15 Baby A :hb: 149 Baby B :hb: 151
Ultrasound #3 12/31/15 Baby A :hb: 167 Baby B :hb: 170

Baby A: BOY :future baby boy: Baby B: GIRL :future baby girl:
Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:01 am

Another girl! We each have one, plus puppy mom's sweet bonus of a boy!

Love the name. Can't wait to hear the story of everything when you have a chance. Take care of yourself!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:45 pm

We are home! Our days and nights confused as is pretty typical but we are enjoying this sweet time as I know it goes by so quickly.

At 4am Monday night at 2am I felt a ctx which woke me up and then I felt her move like crazy.... 45 min later I felt another ctx. She was moving so much I was having trouble sleeping. I finally went back to sleep but felt a gush at 4am. I knew right away my water broke bc it kept coming and was blood tinged. At first I just started packing my bag and told my dh that I would just go to L and D and make sure it was real. I actually work where I was going to deliver and was scheduled to work that morning so figured I would just stay and work if it was a false alarm. But as the fluid kept coming I realized that was ridiculous... So we woke up our son and met my father in law on the way to the hospital.

My water was confirmed to be broken and I was only having ctxs every 15 min or so and was only dilated to 1cm. They gave me cytotec to soften and help dilate my cervix. My ctxs became more regular and luckily when they checked me later I was a 4 and then a couple hours later after that I was a 7cm... I kind of stalled out at 7cm and do they started me on pitocin and then I was ready to push an hour or 2 later. And she arrived after only 4 pushes. I ended up getting an epidural because the pain was just so intense. But all and all it was a good and smooth process.

She's 6 lbs 15oz and 20 1/4 with lots of dark hair and we are in love! I've had a few moments of just bursting into tears because of the miracle she is and the 4 year process it took to finally have her in our arms. :)
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Ahhhhh what a wonderful story! Thanks so much for typing it all out. I'm so with you on the bursting into tears. I did that for a solid 3 weeks lol

How's your son adjusting? And how are you healing? Did you tear? I'm guessing no with only 4 pushes!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:30 pm

We are doing well besides the night sweats. :/

My son enthusiastically loves her! So much that we can't leave him alone with her or he'll try and pick her up (he's 7 and a bit impulsive).

How are you all doing? This may sound like a weird question but do any of you miss being pregnant? Maybe it's the "baby blues" but I feel kind of sad but maybe that's partially bc it took so long to get pregnant.

Also... I know at first you feed every 2-3 hrs. But I forgot if it stays that way forever or if you can go longer stretches in between feedings?

Hope you all are doing well!
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:09 pm

I totally had the baby blues!!! I so get what youre saying. I honestly was a nervous wreck the whole pregnancy. But now, I wish I could go back and enjoy it more knowing now that everything would be alright. Does that make sense?

I'm no help with feedings. Mine wants to eat every 3 for sure. The longest stretch we've gone at night is 4.5 hrs of sleep. I know other girls on the forum have better luck. Hope you do too. Mine is up and down all night. I'd kill for a solid 8 but then my boobs would probably freak out
;-)
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:04 pm

I know some of you have posted about having anxiety post delivery. Have any of you feared that what if they put the wrong embryo or put the wrong sperm
And egg together? Our little one looks a lot like my husband so I feel pretty confident that it was his sperm... And she looks somewhat like me but every time someone makes a comment on how she looks I have this deep seeded fear that something went wrong with the ivf process or all the progesterone I took is going to cause her problems. These may be normal or irrational fears but I figured it was something only you all would understand.
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey Tess- it's something that has crossed my mind but more so at the time of transfer. I haven't felt anxiety about it since she's been here. What are people saying about her that would make you wonder?
I feel confident that all is good because the clinic we used is pretty reputable.
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:38 pm

I think I'm just anxious and over thinking everything. Also being a nurse I know enough to question things and worry about things than before when my son was born. It's just little things like she seems to have more of an olive skin tone than my pale Irish skin. My dad said some of his aunts were darker complexed though. She doesn't look like a different race just a little darker and less pale. But when ppl point it out it hits a nerve bc the possibility is there that something got screwed up in the lab. I feel like my clinic is very good as well but as I said being a nurse I'm more aware of the mistakes medical professionals make all the time... All the near misses and assumptions... This newborn time is so precious but is also so fragile and I'll be glad in many ways to be past it. But I know your fears and worries also don't stop the older they get. My 7 yr old can be challenging behaviorally and there is always something to worry about. As from the beginning of this Ivf process I just keep telling myself there is nothing I can do by worrying I just have to pray and trust that God is in control and will provide whatever comes to pass.
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:58 pm

My daughter was noticeably darker when she was first born. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?? My girl looked like she had a nice tan, very pretty. Now she's super pale like me!

I'm sure all is well and it's just hormones playing with you. Also prob your job, some things are better to be ignorant about I guess!

How are you sleeping?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Jean789 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Any updates for us Tess?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Hey Jean! Good to hear from you! We are doing well! Looking back I think I was dealing with a lot of anxiety from lack of sleep and hormonal changes, etc. Etta is such a sweet baby and has been a pretty easy newborn and baby. Not sleeping all the way through the night yet but her sweetness makes up for it. ;)

How are you all doing? Rolling and crawling yet?! Are they about 4/5 months old?
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:29 am

I'm glad to hear things with Etta are going well! My lo refuses to sleep through the night. My mom said I was the same way, so I don't think I'm gonna get lucky any time soon :-)

We are just about 5 months.... rolling over like crazy!!! She also wants to sit up so badly but it's not happening yet. I'm so excited for Christmas this year with her. What are you doing for the holidays?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments