July/August Babies

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: July Babies

Postby Jean789 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:31 am

Congrats puppy mom!!! Are they identical or did you put multiple embryos back? I'm sure you've already posted but I'm on my phone at work and the signatures don't show up. That is SO exciting!

I still have not yet had any nausea three dogs. Some maybe here and there; but Nothing notable at least. I do tend to feel worse in the evenings than in the morning though.
How are you doing with the pressure points?

Onmyway I'm glad your down to single digits for your next ultrasound. Mine is Dec 18 so I've still got some time. I'm 9 weeks today and the day of my appt I will be 10w4d. Not sure what to expect at a regular Dr anymore. Haven't been normal for so long!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby onmyway16 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Oh wow- congrats puppy mom! You must have been overjoyed to see two happy heartbeats:)

jean- i too only get symptoms in the evening which is weird? I really appreciate this board though because I would probably be stressing out so much without some reassurance that other gals that have gone thru IVF idon'thave many symptoms either. i wonder about what my RE nurse said that our bodies 'don't know' we are pregnant when we go thru ivf until week 10ish because the doc pretty much takes over our cycles with all the drugs? Oh well, if we are free from morning sickness for a couple weeks than thats probably a good thing!

threedogs- yes, my first US is dec 14. I think everyone is ahead of me by at least a few days? I actually have a due date of aug 2.. but I'm gonna roll with the july gals:)
onmyway16
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Did your re really say week 10? Wow! I've never heard that before! I'm very very tired, so I've got that going for me. Haven't thrown up yet luckily.

I think your good to stay here in July ;-) Aug 2 is so early in the month, it's hard to know what will happen. Do ivf girls usually have scheduled deliveries?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Threedogsandababy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:13 am

Jean - yesssss! I am so tired too! I told my DH that I constantly feel like I have a minor hangover. Not throwing up or anything, just generally feeling a bit blah!

My doctor said the same thing -- our bodies don't really know we are pregnant, hence all the progesterone and estrogen until our bodies take over.

Onmyway -- I think my DD is roughly July 29th for the singleton, so we'll probably be right around the same time! For PuppyMom it may be a little earlier in the month due to the twinsies! I shared this on the IVF forum, but I think this IVF DD calculator is so cool: http://www.ivf.ca/fet5dayduedate.php It doesn't just show you when your DD should be, but it also shows DD for multiples and other milestones by date. Definitely check it out!

So interesting story -- back when I was stimming, I went to order my last dosage of Bravelle (I was on a Bravelle/Menopur/cetrotide protocol), and the pharmacy informed me that Bravelle had been recalled. I had a total wtf moment because to me, when things are recalled, it usually is like spinach that has listeria or something equally as horrible. After freaking out that I had been taking contaminated meds for 10 days and getting approval to replace the Bravelle with extra Menopur for 3 days, I did some research, and it turns out that the batch of Bravelle had inaccurate expiration dates, meaning that the medications wouldn't be effective up until that date, which didn't matter in our situation. Nonetheless, the drug manufacturer is going to refund Bravelle users, so that means we are going to get like $1,000 back. While in the grand scheme of the amount of money we spent on IVF/PGS, it seems like nothing, but it is nice nonetheless!

I totally don't remember from the IVF boards -- are all three of you ladies located in the US? I'm in Texas, although I'm originally from the East Coast. DH is originally from "the OC" in California (hahaha), but we met while at law school in Boston. I convinced him to move to Texas with me, which is where I had gone to undergrad. We actually work at the same law firm, which people think is insane, but truthfully, we do different types of work, so I only really see him during lunch. It's actually really nice!
Me: 28 (anovulation; PCOS)
DH: 28 (perfectly healthy)
IVF #1 - FET
9/28/15 - Begin IVF stims
10/13/15 - ER
11/11 - FET (2 PGS normal blasts)
11/16 - :bfp:
11/20 - Beta #1 (9dp5dt) - 95
11/23 - Beta #2 (12dp5dt) - 387
11/30 - Beta #3 (19dp5dt) - 6711 & US #1 confirmed - one little girl! :babyg:
12/7 - US #2 - :hb: 120
12/14 - US #3 - :hb: 144

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:01 am

Threedogs that's awesome about some money coming back! That will be perfect for getting ready for baby! And I'm in Central Massachusetts.

Onmyway, yes definitely stay in this group. You'll probably end up being at the end of July anyway. They say very few people give birth on the estimated due date.

Jean, I don't think IVF gals have scheduled deliveries unless they have to do a planned C - Section.

As for me, I continue to be nervous. I hope both babies are going strong. I hate the not knowing. We could have had the next ultrasound on Friday but due to DH's work schedule he asked if it could be on Monday. Ahhhh the waiting!!!! But I'm hoping to be able to see some difference in the pics since it will be a week apart.

With twins, my EDD that I've gotten off of websites has gone from July 28th to July 6/7th. From what I've read though full term for twins is 36 weeks so who knows, I may end up at the end of June. I haven't gotten an official due date with a dr yet so we'll see...
June 2015: bilateral hydrosalphinges, tubes clamped

Sept 2015: IVF #1 - 1 blast transferred, 13 frozen, BFN

Nov 2015: FET #1 - 2 blasts transferred :bfp:

Beta 1: 323
Beta 2: 1220
Beta 3: 24,442

Ultrasound #1 12/7/15 Baby A :hb: 126 Baby B :hb: 124
Ultrasound #2 12/14/15 Baby A :hb: 149 Baby B :hb: 151
Ultrasound #3 12/31/15 Baby A :hb: 167 Baby B :hb: 170

Baby A: BOY :future baby boy: Baby B: GIRL :future baby girl:
Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 am

I'm in Ohio. Not by choice, originally from up near Chicago. Husband's work brought us here. Not bad just kinda, eh lol.

Threedogs- that's awesome about the money! I'd take anything at this point- how exciting! Will you get it in time for Christmas?

Puppy mom you are up near me for delivery now! I'm estimated at July 11. Do first babies usually come early or late? I hate not knowing what's going on between appts too. Seriously considering a home Doppler!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Threedogsandababy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 am

Oooh there might be some Fourth of July babies! How exciting! I agree about the not knowing between appointments. We get an ultrasound every week, and even then, it seems like so far in between!

We just submitted the paperwork yesterday for the refund, so I hope we get the money by Christmas, but I have a feeling we won't see anything until January.

This is a bit silly, but I bought a photo album yesterday for our baby. I don't think I've purchased a photo album since I was like 15 years old, but we already have (1)a 5-day old blast pic, (2) implantation ultrasound pic, (3) 5.5 week ultrasound pic and (4) 6.5 week ultrasound pic. I don't want to lose these because I think it is incredibly amazing that we had the opportunity to see our baby at FIVE DAYS old! My DH also gave me handmade cards throughout the IVF process, and I want to keep those too. I also took a bunch of IVF photos that I think I'll print -- glamorous ones like icing down my stomach, needle in the butt, wearing a hospital gown, etc. Although this process was so hard, there are so many beautiful moments that came out of it... and knowing me, I'll lose them if I don't put them somewhere safe!
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:17 pm

I love your photo idea! I'm going with the 'ivf box'. I've kept all my surgery bracelets, handouts, pictures etc and we will keep them in a special box. Hopefully they can become a beautiful memory instead of the painful process we had to endure.

Also I'm so jealous you get an ultrasound every week! So nice!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby onmyway16 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Well, I guess I'm the furthest west on this board- I live in Washington state about an hour from Canada which helped a lot since we needed cheaper drugs in Canada and we saved a lot in shipping charges. Also we were really advised to wait another month to do ivf because one drug - synarel- would take at least 3 weeks to get thru customs. I said hell no. We'll just go get it ourselves:) I've been fiercely determined to make this happen!
I do wish I could get some money back for this synarel or at least give it to someone else in need. It's barely used and cost 400$. So crazy.
It sounds like you all have much more involved RE staff in your process because we didn't have an US included as part of the deal and have to pay extra 300$ just to get one. You'd think they could throw something into this deal after 14k. It hurts to say it out loud! Oh well, hopefully there's a healthy babe in here and 4 more in the freezer:)! My US is in 5 days! Yes!
onmyway16
Friend

Postby Threedogsandababy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:09 am

Love the IVF box idea, Jean. I didn't even think to keep hospital bracelets. I think I've only kept one once -- and that was to prove to people that I saw a doctor in California whose name was leif eriksen (I swear, he must have had it legally changed or else had some wacky parents).

Onmyway - $300 for a US, ugh! Luckily, only 4 days to go!! My DH and I were talking the other day about how wild it is that if this baby is born and we are able to bring into this world at least some of the 3 frozen embies, that the siblings will have very different birthdates but would have been conceived at the exact same time. And I still can't get over that we can bring into this world babies that spent years in the freezer!

So onmyway has 4 in the freezer, I have 3. PuppyMom - you still have like 11, right? What about you, Jean? Have you guys discussed what you are going to do if you have any leftover? I feel like it's such a hard decision -- do you donate them to an infertile couple? discard them? donate them to science? I have 3 left after PGS testing and this cycle (one of which is inconclusive, so we don't even know if it is a viable embryo) -- I think we are going to eventually stick them all on in. We put in 2 perfect PGS-tested embryos this cycle, and only 1 stuck, so I doubt we'd end up with 4 kiddos. 3 would be great though!
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Well looks like I'm the loser! We have ZERO frozen! It kinda bums me out, because if we aren't one of those lucky couples that conceives naturally after ivf, then we would be back in the same boat again. However all I can think about is how blessed I would be to have ONE healthy child in my life. So while those thoughts pop up - they never consume me. We would be thrilled with one.

Also guess it's nice to not have like 1 frozen either and then transfer it and not have it work out thaw. That would be really hard on me, to assume I have a back up plan then nothing. I've heard of that happening, so youre all so very lucky to have many options!!! :-)
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Sorry I've been MIA. Work has been busy and by the evening I'm exhausted. Counting down the days til the next ultrasound.

I put the pic of the blasts in a frame meant for an ultrasound. It says "Love At First Sight" and I look at those blasts and the ultrasound pics and feel so blessed. We will appreciate our babies so much more then women who didn't struggle.

My husband was making a joke about how poor we're going to be and I said, "Yes but it's a good kind of poor."

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 am

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll do a better update later today. Just wanted to let you all know the heartbeats were great A is 149 and B is 151. They're talking about discharging me to the OB. :D

Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:27 am

So exciting puppy mom! Thanks for updating us. So glad both are doing well. When do you graduate? We have our first 'normal' Dr appointment this Friday.

Count me in- how did your US go today?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Threedogsandababy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Puppy Mom - glad that your US went well, and congrats to both you and Jean for graduating! How exciting.

I had another US this morning, and Baby Obi is growing right on schedule. HB of 144. Loved seeing the US today because we could see little arm nubbins -- so cute. Can't wait until she looks like an actual baby though!

My nausea has definitely gotten a bit worse, so I think I may start taking the morning sickness prescription I was given last week. I had it filled, but today was the first day where i felt like I actually need it. The other weird thing is that in between my nausea episodes, I'm constantly hungry... so I either feel like I'm going to puke or I feel like I haven't eaten in 3 weeks. Awesome. Prior to this pregnancy, I never ate breakfast because I just don't get hungry in the morning (bad, I know), so I would typically just have lunch and dinner - no snacks. Now, my stomach is grumbling like all the time. It is so bizarre. I am working on eating small, frequent meals, but it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks! Has anyone else noticed any odd pregnancy changes so far?

I also had my first food aversion -- bananas. So sad! I love bananas, but ate one this weekend and it tasted chalky to me. I had my DH eat a bite and he said it tasted normal. Have you guys found any yet?

We told my mom about the pregnancy last night. My mom has a severe disability, and she has said she wanted to be a grandma since she was first diagnosed nearly 5 years ago. We gave her a little onesies, and it took her a little while to understand what was going on, but once she understood, she cried hysterically. We got it all on camera. It was adorable!
IVF #1 - FET
10/13/15 - ER