July/August Babies

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: July Babies

Postby Threedogsandababy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

Last night, we had our first PIO shot mishap! Hahaha! In order to do the shot each night, I usually put trashy tv on to distract me, then I lay down on my stomach on the bed. My DH usually straddles me to administer the shot into my upper butt. Well last night, I guess I bled quite a bit (which is quite unusual), so DH jumped up to get a paper towel. He managed to trip on my iphone cord, knock everything off of the nightstand and leave a bloody handprint on our white duvet. We luckily got the blood out of the comforter and he wasn't hurt, but I definitely needed a good laugh!
Me: 28 (anovulation; PCOS)
DH: 28 (perfectly healthy)
IVF #1 - FET
9/28/15 - Begin IVF stims
10/13/15 - ER
11/11 - FET (2 PGS normal blasts)
11/16 - :bfp:
11/20 - Beta #1 (9dp5dt) - 95
11/23 - Beta #2 (12dp5dt) - 387
11/30 - Beta #3 (19dp5dt) - 6711 & US #1 confirmed - one little girl! :babyg:
12/7 - US #2 - :hb: 120
12/14 - US #3 - :hb: 144

Threedogsandababy
Friend

Postby Jean789 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:52 am

Three dogs that is so funny! I love your story. Glad he is OK ;-)
That's so nice that you were able to make your mom happy. We are going to tell or families in January. We will have VERY involved grandparents because this is the first grandchild. So we are waiting a little bit so make sure all is good and hold off the crazy for a little while longer.

Have any of you downloaded any baby apps? I have one called baby center- good lord it's a disaster!!! The women on there are so incredibly mean and condescending. I've only read threads, not posted, but wow. I'm so thankful to have you three ladies to chat with. The women in there are nuts, and obviously never struggled to conceive.
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby onmyway16 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Yay! Saw the baby's little heart pounding away yesterday:)) the little troublemaker was at 132bpm- I was worried it sounded so fast but the doc said that's totally normal. I have suddenly become very protective of this tiny creature and I'm extra careful when driving and walking the dogs. I'm pretty much staying out of the dog park so I don't get run over. I hope my Great Dane will be a fierce protector too:)
I'm so happy to see everyone is progressing so well! As for the four embies in the freezer- I think I'm going to try again as soon as I'm able to after this one. My brother and I weren't very close and I think it's because we were 6 years a part but it could be because he's an ass. Who knows!
I'm still doing pio shots also until January 23:/ I have really just gotten so use to it I don't even think twice- just assume the position and take funny pictures of the process:) I have some good ones....
My symptoms haven't really increased at all which makes me continually fret but I read every other day is supposed to be worse because that's how hcg increases? I'm definitely not eating like I use to tho. It's been a lot of cheese and carbs- yikes! Afraid this is no baby bump here but a grilled cheese/French fries bump instead:))
Best wishes to all!!
onmyway16
Friend

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:08 am

Well I still haven't heard back about being referred to an OB. I'm feeling patient but I'll call on Friday to check in. I just want to know the next time I get an ultrasound!

I've been pretty busy with shenanigans. I bought a used Snugabunny cradle and a matching bouncer as well as a used Snugapuppy bouncer and am buying the matching Snugapuppy cradle tonight. I figure with 2 babies, I'm going to need to save as much money as possible. And they say you use each til only about 6 months anyway. Everything has been in great condition and works perfectly. I love walking by the baby's room and seeing the room come along. Everything else I'm planning on buying new. I'm thinking late January I'll get the cribs. Then in February I'll get the bedding and in March I'll get the changing table. It has drawers in case I can't find a matching bureau right away. I already found a double stroller I like. I was sure about a convertible carseat too but then I realized they recommend using an infant carseat in the stroller until the babies can hold up their heads. So much to learn!

I plan on registering for the small stuff. As you can tell, I'm a planner. :P

Threedogs, yes I still have 11 snowbabies! Storage is covered for the first year but then it's $60/month. It's a lot to think about when I'm just focused on my first two! I can't believe you got to see nubbins!! That's so awesome. I could tell how much bigger the beans were compared to the previous week but I couldn't make out much detail. I love the PIO mishap. The effort put into this process is admirable. In terms of food aversions, I can barely eat. There's a few things I still tolerate and I'm a lot better in the morning. I try to eat most of my food in the morning and afternoon because by the time evening comes I'm too nauseous to eat. I usually have a few pretzels and call it a night. It's rough because DH expects me to cook his dinner. :?

Jean, I've been tracking the babies process each day with tracking tool websites. I haven't downloaded any apps but I've heard about how mean some of these other sites can be. A friend gave me belly bump stickers that have fruit related comparisons. Tomorrow I'll be 8 weeks so the babies will be raspberries. People have been asking me if I'm holding my belly which I kinda have but I have substantial belly fat so they're tucked under some cushion. I'm looking forward to them getting bigger so I can feel them more.

Onmyway, congrats on your first ultrasound! I was a nervous wreck in between the first and second ultrasound but after the second one I felt more confident and it started to sink in. I'm sure your great dane will be very protective of you. My rottie follows me everywhere but she has seemed very depressed. I think part of it is the loss of my other dog but I also think she is worried. We got her at 6 months old because some friends of ours became pregnant with twins and they couldn't handle caring for such a big dog since her pregnancy was struggling and they also had to find a new place to live at the same time. We've had her for 3.5 years now. And here I am pregnant with twins and I've been trying to reassure her that she is staying and she'll help me raise the babies. :P But she's the type of dog that wants to lie right on top of you and I make sure she is next to me , not on top of me.
June 2015: bilateral hydrosalphinges, tubes clamped

Sept 2015: IVF #1 - 1 blast transferred, 13 frozen, BFN

Nov 2015: FET #1 - 2 blasts transferred :bfp:

Beta 1: 323
Beta 2: 1220
Beta 3: 24,442

Ultrasound #1 12/7/15 Baby A :hb: 126 Baby B :hb: 124
Ultrasound #2 12/14/15 Baby A :hb: 149 Baby B :hb: 151
Ultrasound #3 12/31/15 Baby A :hb: 167 Baby B :hb: 170

Baby A: BOY :future baby boy: Baby B: GIRL :future baby girl:
Puppy Mom 85

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Puppymom- I hope you hear back from your OB soon. I called after my first ultrasound because I was worried about the amount of time I would have to wait (although I was super nervous about jinxing it). However all is good so far. They wouldn't see me until 10 weeks. Perhaps they aren't calling you back right away because they don't see people so early. Either way I'll let you know what it's like to attend a normal Dr again after this Friday! Ha-ha

Btw- I can't believe you are so prepared already! We have done nothing. Waiting until after Christmas for sure. Anyone else get started.

Congrats on the ultrasound onmyway! That's exciting! All I've been eating are carbs. It's all that sounds good. My brother in law is coming on Friday and we've already planned to get pizza. I'm drooling for it already! I'm obviously easy to please ;-)
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:27 am

I called the office yesterday and learned later in the day no more estrogen!! Yay!! Taking it 4 times a day, with one of the times being vaginaly, for two months has been exhausting and towards the end I was starting to forget! I never missed a pill but it was sometimes an hour or so late. Still on the Crinone twice a day but that's not bad.

The nurse also said she spoke to the OB who is looking forward to meeting me because the nurse described me as one of her favorite patients. :D Apparently I should get a call next week with my appointment info. What was once horrible, the RE office being on the same hospital unit as the OB/GYN unit and seeing all those pregnant ladies is that now the staff who helped me through my journey will be able to see me as I stop in for OB visits.

Still no vomiting for me, just food aversions. The only thing I can drink is orange juice and food grosses me out most of the time but I can usually eat a bagel thin with my fave chive and onion cream cheese. And the thing I crave the most - gummy bears!! I know healthy right?!?! Haven't had gummy bears in years but now it's all I want. I'm much better in the morning and by the evening I can't eat. It's resulted in making DH's dinners very tricky and he's not too happy about that but he's hanging in there.

Puppy Mom 85

Postby tesskcmo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:36 am

I just wanted to say "hi" and got a bfp last week with a hpt. I just got my beta done and am waiting to find out what it is. My due date will be August but I just wanted to say hi bc I miss you all! :)
tesskcmo

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:00 am

Yay!! Congrats!! If I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to change the board title to July/August Babies.

Puppy Mom 85

Postby tesskcmo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Beta 1584! Progesterone was 7.9 though so they want me to start taking IM progesterone as well as continue suppositories... Fun... But who cares I'm pregnant!
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Congrats tess!!! I recognize your user name! I'm so excited for you- welcome!
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: July/August Babies

Postby Puppy Mom 85 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:28 am

Hi everyone!

So yesterday I had a headache all day long. I was barely able to eat. Then in the evening it became not only a full blown migraine, but the worst migraine of my life. It made me nauseous and I was puking, but I hadn't been able to eat anything so it was just liquid coming out. I woke up at 3 a.m. and it was still there but fortunately around 6 a.m. it went away. I really hope it was a one time thing.

This morning I finally got a call from the OB. She said she called me on Monday and left a lengthy message. Not on my phone! Which is very reminiscent of my fresh cycle when the OR was supposed to call me with whether or not I was going to trigger or not and they transposed my number and left a lengthy message on someone else's phone. :doh:

Anyway, I should be getting a nurse's appointment soon but now have to wait for that call. The OB they were going to put me with is out until Feb due to a family emergency so the other OB (it's a hospital with a dozen or so OBs) can see me Jan 15th. That's 12w1d and 5 weeks from my last ultrasound. OMG I really hope I can get an ultrasound sooner then that!! My birthday is the 13th so I think I'm going to ask for a home Doppler!

Puppy Mom 85

Postby tesskcmo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Hey everyone! Just got my beta back and it's 3772 and my progesterone is 25.2! (Sigh) I feel so much relief and like I can start enjoying this pregnancy. They said my numbers were good so I don't need to come back for another blood draw and just scheduled my ultrasound for January 5th! :)
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Puppymom- I had a terrible headache last night as well! Mine was weather related though. Im in the Midwest and we are having some unseasonably warm weather and are under a tornado watch. 2 days before Christmas. Neat. So I know it's just my sinuses freaking out. Wish I could take something but im going without. Just me and my neti pot.
I'm glad you have an appt finally. Hope you got your phone number worked out with them. I'm in the portion of this whole deal where my appts are 4 weeks apart. I'm so used to every 2. How do normal people not see their Dr until 10 weeks!?

Congrats tess! Those are great numbers! How many did you transfer? Maybe we have another set of twins in our group!

Btw- I bought the Sonoline B doppler for my husband for Christmas. I've used it several times to make sure I know how to show him when he opens it. I very much recommend it! I bought it from an eBay store for $38. If you buy one I'll help you find the heartbeat. It's really cool
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tesskcmo » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:43 pm

That's so exciting that you all are planning your 1st OB appts!! I think most of you all are about a month ahead of me. My due date is August 25th.

@puppymom thanks for changing the name of the group. Makes me feel loved! ;) @jean is August too though right?
I work in Labor and delivery so I can probably listen to the baby whenever I am work. ;) There is also an ultrasound tech who did ivf who said she'd scan me anytime I wanted. Pretty sweet deal.
After getting today's results I feel a big sigh of relief for at least making it over the first hump. They only put in one embryo... Is it possible it split?! I honestly haven't even thought of twins as a possibility. I'd probably have to quit my job. :/
tesskcmo

Postby Jean789 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:55 pm

No I'm actually due July 11th. You are SO lucky that you can listen and see anytime you'd like!!! So jealous! Embryos can always split ;-)... Who knows! How many days post transfer was the 3,000 number?
Jean789
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments