BFP after IVF#1

Come join in if you are pregnant after going through infertility treatments (IUI, IVF)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BFP after IVF#1

Postby tagra » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:42 am

Hello Ladies,

Looking some company here. Just got my very first BFP since trying for nearly a decade and hope it sticks! Going crazy with all the WAITING one after another so please share what stage are you in after getting your BFP after IVF :)

H&H 9 months to us!
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
TTC 7 yrs with Unexplained IF
2013 - lap & dye: all ok, DH low acrosome
2014 - First ever Feb BFP, gone @5 weeks, May-Aug IUI 1,2,3 - BFNs
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (4, 5000IU) Got BFP!!!!
tagra
Friend

Re: BFP after IVF#1

Postby tagra » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:09 am

No buddies?
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (4, 5000IU) Got BFP!!!!
tagra
Friend

Postby Sauce » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi Tagra! I got my BFP after IVF #1 in August. I am currently 12 weeks, 5 days. So excited to be headed out of the first trimester, but still very nervous about everything. It's hard to believe this is happening after so long. I'm sure most first time moms worry about everything, but I feel like knowing how difficult it was to get here makes it so much worse! How are you feeling about everything? How far along are you?
Me-32 DH-32
NTNP since 2012, TTC since May 2015. Stage 1 endo.
Jan. '16- IUI#1- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
Feb. '16- IUI#2- 100mg clomid, 4 follicles- BFN
Mar. '16- IUI#3- 100mg clomid, 3 follicles- BFN
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
Friend

Postby tagra » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 am

Congratulations Sauce, and I so agree with all you said. It so difficult to believe that it is finally coming true after so many years of wait. I just cannot focus on anything else and really do not want to worry about everything. I still early at 6+ weeks and waiting to hear HB on next week ultrasound. Crossing my fingers! :pray:
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
tagra
Friend

Postby PetriDishMiracleIVF » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:25 am

Hi Tagra- I just got my BFP after my first fresh IVF with ICSI cycle. As of Monday I am tracking on time at 6 weeks and 3 days. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Monday and it was a strong 115BPM. It truly was the best thing I have ever heard. When is your next ultrasound?

A little background on me- I was on the TTC boards for over a year now as "stayinghopeful31". I had been off BCP's since Feb 2014 and really started actively trying July 2014. We started to see our RE in March of 2016 and have been with him ever since. We have had 4 failed IUI's and then moved on to IVF. 8 eggs were retrieved, and of those 8, 6 were mature and 5 fertilized with ICSI. We transferred one beautiful 5 day blast on 9/21 and we have two frosties waiting for us. I had my 1st Beta on 9/30 (and I didn't pee on one stick- still haven't to this day!) and when the nurse called and said congratulations I was in pure shock! I still can't believe it. I hope that this little babe continues to grow and stick around.

Sauce- I too, have been very worried/nervous about everything. I think after all we have been through it has been hard for me to relax and even get excited about this pregnancy. I guess in the back of my mind I keep thinking that it could all be taken away from me at any moment so I am trying to stay guarded? I don think that infertility PTSD is a very real thing, and I do hope that at some point I will feel confident enough to relax,be happy and just enjoy.

Question for you ladies- are you feeling or did you feel any symptoms this early on? On Monday my doc told me to stop the progesterone suppositories since my numbers looked good. And in an effort to help my ovaries calm down a bit as they are still very large from ER (about the size of baseballs). Since going off the suppositories though, my boobs aren't as sore and I don't have many symptoms going on. My next u/s is next Tuesday (may also be the day we graduate from our RE) and I am just really hoping all is still okay!
Me:32 DH:32 Off BCP since February 2014 TTC #1 since July 2014
Unexplained
March 2016 -IUI #1 Clomid 50mg -BFN
April 2016 -IUI #2 Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel trigger. BFN
May 2016 -IUI #3 Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel trigger. BFN
June 2016 -IUI #4 Clomid 50mg +Ovidrel trigger. BFN
July 2016- Natural/IVF prep
August 2016- Natural -IVF cxd- Lab shut down
Sept 2016- IVF +ICSI cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16, Fresh transfer of one 5 day blast 9/21. Beta #1 9/30- 106 BFP!!!

PetriDishMiracleIVF
Friend

Postby tagra » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:52 am

Hi PetriDish a very warm welcome to you and congratulations for that lovely HB!!! My ears are all waiting and the wait is killing me! What you described so rightly - that it all could be taken away at any moment - so caution is on all the time. But I hope and pray fro all of us that Almighty will bless these little miracles and put them in our arms very soon :)

My next ultrasound is on Monday when I should be exactly 7 weeks but since last monday the ultrasound report measured the baby at 5w 1d so I'm not sure if we will get to hear the HB now (at 6w1d) or that would be still early for little bubba...
I'm finding it so hard to focus on work..all I want is to think about this baby and can't wait to hold him/her already :)

Sauce how you doing?
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
tagra
Friend

Postby Sauce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi ladies! I'm glad to know I am not the only one who feel this way! Sometimes I feel guilty for being so nervous rather than just happy and thankful, but it's hard not to worry. Now that I'm into the second trimester it's actually even weirder because my nausea and exhaustion are gone and I'm not yet showing. I literally don't feel or look pregnant (other than the bigger boobs) so it's weird to know that I am. I have to wait until Nov. 9 for my next check up, which is hard.

Tagra- Good luck at your ultrasound Monday! I actually haven't yet heard the heartbeat because my docs instead just measured the heartbeat via the ultrasound. I think it's easier when you're early on so don't be alarmed if that's what they do. Our baby also measured a few days smaller than it should have at the first ultrasound, but now is right on track. My RE said that when it is that small it can be really difficult to get an accurate measurement so it is not uncommon for the measurements to appear smaller than they should be. I hope everything goes well!

Petri- Hi! I remember you as stayinghopeful! Congratulations on your BFP! My early symptoms were fairly mild. I didn't start getting nausea until week 7. I went off my progesterone at 10 weeks and have definitely noticed some of the symptoms fading away since going off the meds. My boobs are still a little sore, but not as bad as they were. I was SO nervous about going off my progesterone but everything went fine. I'm glad you get to have another ultrasound next week for peace of mind. Let us know how it goes!
Me-32 DH-32
IVF #1- June- 22 eggs retrieved-> 18 fertilized-> 16 at day 5-> 12 sent for testing (other 4 frozen as back up)-> 8 genetically normal-> 1 very good quality embryo chosen for transfer!
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
Friend

Postby tagra » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 am

Thanks Sauce! Congratulations on entering the second trimester. Don't worry as I have heard that this is the time to enjoy!

My RE was not available today so another doc saw me. The good thing is she saw the heartbeat but said would like to see a more stronger one. Currently she reported it to be 100 or so BPM and measured me 6w4d. I'm exactly 7w So she asked to continue to avoid travel and work from home this week too. Again, I cannot be happy without worrying! I wonder if I ever come to state where we can finally rejoice.. Next apt will be on Nov 2...so again the torturous wait!

Good luck for your ultrasound PetriDish, nice name btw :)
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
tagra
Friend

Postby PetriDishMiracleIVF » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Ladies! I haven't been getting notifications when people write on this board, so apologies for not popping on sooner.

Sauce- Yes, I remember you from the TTC boards as well. So glad to hear that you got your BFP. What an exciting and nerve wracking time for all of us! Congrats on moving into the second trimester! Thanks for easing my mind a little bit about the symptoms going down a bit after coming off progesterone.

Tagra- Although they told you to continue to take it easy, it is definitely a good sign that they heard the heartbeat and that your measurement is only slightly off. My U/S last week when I was measuring 6W3d had the heart beat at 115 so not that far off. Keep us posted on how your appt goes on 11/2. I'm sure it will all be perfect :-).

AFM- We officially graduated from the RE this morning. I was doing all of that worrying for nothing. Our little bean is measuring right on track at 7w4d and the heartbeat was very loud today and is already stronger than last week (154BPM). It was bittersweet leaving this amazing team that helped us to achieve our goal, but we will be back. After all, they are babysitting our two remaining frostie babes until we are ready for round 2. :-) We see our new OB next Thursday. I am excited and nervous to start this next chapter in our journey. Happy to have found you ladies who are in similar situations. I felt so lost after getting my BFP after battling infertility. We now fall into this entirely different category, but are still a bit different from those ladies who got a natural BFP (if that makes sense?).

Have you ladies found a good pregnancy app to download yet? I was looking through a few, but can't decide which to try out. I hope you both have a great day!
Unexplained
Sept 2016- IVF +ICSI cycle- start stims 9/6, ER 9/16, Fresh transfer of one 5 day blast 9/21. Beta #1 9/30- 106 BFP!!!

PetriDishMiracleIVF
Friend

Postby tagra » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:14 am

So true! After all these years of IF I can't believe it's happening. And to make the matter worse I can't even share it with anyone...I mean common! I'm so very glad to have company of you 2 ladies :) I'm not also going to work as my doc has asked to work from home avoiding any travel (my work place is an hr drive) which is kinda house arrest. So all alone with no one to talk to. I somehow get a feeling of missing out though I know there's nothing special i'm missing but still. Do you know what i
m saying?

PetriDish - Yup it completely makes sense to me what you saying :) and congratulations for that strong HB. Loads of love to the little one and good luck with the new OB and new chapter.

Sauce - How are you doing? Any new symptoms/cravings?Any foods that you are avoiding?

AFM - I'm feeling something like burps all the time. I do get hungry in 2-3 hours and fill my plate but finishing it seems difficult. As if I can no longer enjoy the food till it ends. I'm still on progesterone and hcg shots. I just hope it all works out beautifully! Take care.
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
tagra
Friend

Postby Sauce » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

Tagra- I know how hard it can be to wait for your next appointment! It can feel like forever! Only one more week for you though! It's awesome that you are able to work from home. I'm glad your employer is flexible. I work from home all the time and I totally know what you mean about how it can drive you crazy! I definitely feel like my time passes slower than it did when I worked outside the house, but I also love the flexibility.

PetriDish- Congratulations on graduating from the RE! That was a very exciting (and surreal) day for me too! I hope you like your new OB! I've been using the Pregnancy+ app. I downloaded a few and that was the one I liked the most, though there are still some things I would change about it.

AFM, I am feeling pretty good, but dying to see/hear baby again. I can't wait until I can feel movements. The only new symptom I am having is headaches, but usually they are only when I first wake up and they go away pretty quickly. My appetite has returned to mostly normal and I'm hoping I'll start gaining weight now (I actually lost a few pounds during the first trimester). Hope you are both having a great week!
Me-32 DH-32
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
Friend

Postby PetriDishMiracleIVF » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:12 am

Hi ladies!

Just popping on really quick to send some good luck your way Tagra for tomorrow's appointment! How are you feeling?

Sauce- when is your next appointment?

AFM- nothing new to report really- Just waiting for Thursday to get here so I can meet my new OB and see our peanut again. Hoping all is still okay! No new symptoms to speak of- still dealing with some food aversions- peanut butter especially- I don't know why. I used to eat PB&J sandwiches every day for lunch. So it has become quite difficult finding things to bring for lunch lately. My sense of smell is also still off the charts- we went food shopping yesterday and the smell of the fish department was making me feel queasy and of all things the bakery could be making- they were baking peanut butter cookies or something! It was horrible ladies. I spent most of the time food shopping with my sweatshirt sleeve covering my nose. Hubs was so good and was trying to rush through the aisles that I couldn't stomach and would let me know as soon as the smell went away. It was definitely an adventure. The only other symptom I get occasionally is small bouts of nausea, but so far they have not been too bad. I think the lack of symptoms is still scaring me a bit, but I'm sure my mind will be at ease again after Thursday's appointment.

Hope you ladies are feeling well! I guess I should get on the preg ticker bandwagon soon! I just realized when I logged on that I haven't even updated my signature on these boards.
Unexplained

PetriDishMiracleIVF
Friend

Postby Sauce » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Petri- I had the worst food aversions in my first trimester! It was really rough. I pretty much ate nothing but fruit and very bland foods for about six weeks. The good news is it's gotten so much better in the second trimester! I still have moments where certain things sound gross, but my appetite is mostly back to normal. I have been craving a sub sandwich like crazy though and am sad I can't have one, haha. Hopefully it gets better for you too! Good luck on Thursday! My next appointment is next Wednesday. I can't wait!

Good luck tomorrow, Tagra!
Me-32 DH-32
FET Aug. 9
1st beta- 106
2nd beta- 360

Sauce
Friend

Postby tagra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Hello Ladies,

The appointment was good. All is well in there and we saw our bub's HB today. Yet to get the actual numbers which would be part of scan today evening. But the doc said to relax and enjoy as everything looks fine so far :) I'm so glad that I want to share with couple of folks in office but scared if I should wait till the 12 weeks mark. For travel she said lesser, the better. So I may need to ask for WFH for few more weeks and so may have to tell them at least. So far I just said my doc has advised to avoid travel (but i'm sure they must have guessed :P) What do you suggest?

PetriDish - Thank you and Good luck for Thursday. I feel like all my food pipes have been shrunked and i'm having trouble enjoying food. I do crave for salty and sometimes spicy stuff but can't eat much. Gaging a lot but no vomit so far.

Thankoo Sauce how are you doing? Sub sandwich sounds good to me, will grab one soon :) Any movement or new symptoms you feeling yet? Good luck for you next apt.
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
tagra
Friend

Postby PetriDishMiracleIVF » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 am

Tagra- glad all went well at your appointment today! Do you know how many more RE appointments you will have before graduating? It sounds like they have you on a sort of bed rest- just curious-have they told you why? I hope that when you go in for your next appointment they lift your travel restriction so that you can make it in to work. In regards to telling work what is going on, I think you should do what you feel comfortable with. I did tell my boss that I was going through IVF, but really haven't given updates after that. I just felt I needed to let them know because I was coming in late and sometimes missing the days I should have been in the city for work. For me, I don't plan on telling them anything until 14 weeks (if I can still hide it- my ovaries are still quite large from the retrieval and I have a cyst which is already making my stomach stick out). Not sure if this was much help at all, but it seems like such a personal decision. Some people share the news right away. I just feel like once it's out, there is no taking it back. So for now, I am just enjoying our little secret. I'm also still having a hard time believing it all won't be taken away- which may be why I plan to wait a while before saying anything.

Sauce- So glad to hear that the food aversion gets better in the 2nd trimester! Looking forward to that! Haha- too funny about the sub sandwich! How often have your appointments been after graduating from your RE? Just curious how often we will be at the OB/how often we will get to see the little peanut. I'm so used to the weekly scan at this point- it might be hard to not have that anymore.
Unexplained

PetriDishMiracleIVF
Friend

Next

Return to Pregnant after Infertility Treatments