Great, Bracey is having blue spells

For new mommies with preemie babies

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Great, Bracey is having blue spells

Postby Cindy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I see her have them and am reluctant to bring her in to the hospital because they`ll just take her sats when she is probably going to be fine because I`ll have to take her out in the cold which will make her breathing temporarily better, and her resp rate will be perfect for the same reason. To sit there and wait to be seen after the triage shows everything is fine only to be told to watch and return if it happens again...blah.

Should I bring her to the hospital? I think I`m going to regardless, but I wanted to know what you would do. This hospital is a joke. It`s the hospital who told me and my parents that Bracey was dead when I was pregnant. Clearly she wasnt

But yeah. We have colds here so now I`m worried about RSV of course.

I guess I just wanted to vent. I know next time it happens I will be bringing her in.
Cindy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shrimpsey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Yikes! What happened here? Do you not get the synagis shots for her? It is the RSV antibodies, in Ontario the government covers it and gives it to all babies born under 32 weeks, Bracey should be able to get that. Hope everything is ok.
Michelle 31 ~ Jim 38 ~ 2 angels 05/07 & 10/07
Believe| Breast is Best | Nutritional Cleansing
Our TAPS twins arrived at 31W2D~ Meghan 3lbs 1oz ~ Molly 2lbs 14oz
shrimpsey
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cindy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 pm

shrimpsey wrote:Yikes! What happened here? Do you not get the synagis shots for her? It is the RSV antibodies, in Ontario the government covers it and gives it to all babies born under 32 weeks, Bracey should be able to get that. Hope everything is ok.

They only give it to the babies the first year.

I didn`t end up taking her in but her fever hit 103. I only treat 102 usually and she seemed fine. Running around playing and such. But yeah, once her fever broke her breathing slowed down and she seemed the world better. Today she seems much better so I`m certain it isn`t RSV.

I`m just terrified of RSV
Cindy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby PixieB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 am

Glad she's ok. Tali hasn't turned blue since her NICU days.
Talia Grace: born Friday 13th of July, 2007, at 27w4d gestation, 700g/1.5lbs. Nursed for 4 years
and Violet Joy: born Thursday 19th, VBAC waterbirth, 39w2d, 3.35kg/7lbs 6oz, still a booby monster, just shared it with her big sister for 18 months.
http://pics.livejournal.com/littlebutto ... y/0000scpq
PixieB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Preemies