Two Week Wait

For new mommies with preemie babies
Post a reply

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 pm

oh no :( poor little thing and his family need all our support!!!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:14 pm

I read on FB that he has been peeing all day like a champ! WTG Seth!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 am

Congradulations on your little man!! Praying for him and sending good energy for a speedying, uneventful NICU stay from here on out!! He is a DOLL!!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

lots of prayers!!! im thinking of you and your family and your baby boy!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!! I wish I had more pics to show but they're just crazy after surgery ones that no mother wants to see. Today seems to be a little better than yesterday with his urine output continuing to be good. His blood pressure is stabilizing enough to have the doctor begin weaning him off the BP meds tomorrow. His heart rate is down now to the 170's after a couple days in the 200's.

She said not to worry but she thinks she now hears a heart murmur... Don't worry?!? After her telling me after the fact that if his kidney's hadn't started working again there would be nothing they could do for him, I'm freaked out that something could be more serious than it actually is. I'm not upset by the quality of care he's getting but being in a foreign hospital with a language is enough to drive anyone insane.

But overall, his swelling is going down and he's beginning to look like himself again. Yeah. Hope we can keep this up and he can start eating soon and pack on the lbs :)

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 pm

that's good to hear. I know it's impossible "not to worry" after you've been through so much already. But really, now that you know he is doing better, now is the time to try to relax, and get some good rest. The NICU life is a roller coaster and it really stinks and I'm sorry you're on it but I pray your roller coaster ride is a lot shorter than mine was.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 am

Congrats on your new bundle of joy!
& i'm praying for baby seth!!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend