Report technical problems with the forums

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi, ricko1

Postby AshyJade » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 am

Hi

I had an avatar which I uploaded straight from my computer (it had the option to upload from machine) i went to change it and deleted my old one and now theres no option to click to upload a different one?? Was it taken away or is it a tech issue?? Ive tried uploading from a photobucket account and flickr but it keeps making my avatar sideways...

:sticky: Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light :sticky:
AshyJade

Re: Avatar changes?

Postby unaffected » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 am

AshyJade wrote:Hi

I had an avatar which I uploaded straight from my computer (it had the option to upload from machine) i went to change it and deleted my old one and now theres no option to click to upload a different one?? Was it taken away or is it a tech issue?? Ive tried uploading from a photobucket account and flickr but it keeps making my avatar sideways...

You are correct, there is no longer an option to upload an image from your computer. The only way to have an avatar image is to link to an off-site file.

As for the sideways avatar, did you edit the photo in Photobucket prior to linking it for your avatar? Sometimes it takes quite a while for PB images to update. Perhaps try saving as a copy and using that link?
Me (Kara): 31 DH: 31 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby AshyJade » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi

Thanks! I had edited it in photobucket but it kept making it sideways so i did what you said and made another copy in photobucket and now its perfect!
thanks heaps!

:sticky: Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light :sticky:
AshyJade

Postby unaffected » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

AshyJade wrote:Hi

Thanks! I had edited it in photobucket but it kept making it sideways so i did what you said and made another copy in photobucket and now its perfect!
thanks heaps!

You are welcome! Adorable picture :)
Me (Kara): 31 DH: 31 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Return to Technical Issues