maternity support belt - did you use one?

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

maternity support belt - did you use one?

Postby kristiev » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 am

i am just looking for a bit of advice please. recently i have been feeling like i walk in the most ridiculous manner - waddling isnt even the word for it anymore. especially at the end of the day, when my belly is at its biggest, i seem unable to fully stretch my legs after each step. i have also been getting a lot of back pain, which an osteopath is helping to sort out but that only eases it temporarily.

so: i am considering getting a support belt. i got a basic one with DS and hated the thing. never wore it. but i think it was just the wrong type. so i was wondering whether you ladies have/had a support belt and if it helped at all? what type did you have?

thanks.x.
Me - 36 (Kristie) DH - 37 (Will)
DS, born August 2009.
Expecting twinnies in Nov 2012!

kristiev
Star Member
Star Member

Postby macksmom » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:43 am

my doc suggested I get one....and I did....and I hated it.

I guess I feel unless you get the big contraption one, like the one that straps ups over your shoulders...it just wouldn't work well for me.

I had the common one....just a band....but my belly was too big and while it felt okay to wear if I was up walking around...it hurt to sit down because it felt like it dug into my skin....uncomfortable.

I went my entire pregnancy without one
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mjglittermum » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:07 am

i love my nexcare support belt and wear it when i go shopping or if i know i will be walking for a long while or shopping,not the most comfortable thing ive ever worn,but the relief on my lower back and hips is well worth it x
BABY A hb at first scan 121bpm
BABY B hb at first scan 147bpm
mjglittermum

Postby TTCin2010 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:57 am

I tried one on but honestly I could justify spending $50 on one and it didn't really feel that comfortable. My biggest complaint wasn't my back but the weight of the belly at my pant line even with the stretchy part it still dug into my lower belly and hurt.

I only tried on the around the belly support. Nothing with shoulder straps. I'd try some different ones on at a maternity store and walk around for a little while before you buy.

Good Luck and hope you find back relief.
Me:Lauree: 29 DH: Joe: 32

DS:Aidan: 7.20.11
DD:Audree: 7.20.11

My Blog

TTCin2010
Star Member
Star Member

Postby imdesired » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Yep, I bought one, and it didn't do jack. Sad but true. It really didn't do anything....
Laura -

Twin boys -
Samuel and Elijah
Born May 2, 2012 at 36 weeks 2 days
7.0lbs and 6.15
imdesired
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm

I bought one from Motherhood Maternity and I loved it for a while. At first I could even sit down at the office with it and it helped tremendously for my bachaches. When I started getting bigger it started bothering me when I sat down and it started getting more uncomfortable. It may work for you for at least a little while!
Cassidy (29) DH (30) TTC#1 since Oct 08

IUI#2 - BFP!
Morgan 3lbs13oz & Reagan 3lbs10oz born at 33 weeks after 3 years TTC
19 days in the NICU

babydust2me
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kristiev » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 am

thanks ladies! it seems the jury is still out on the belts...

as it happens a colleague actually offered to lend me hers yesterday! so i will give that a go later today. she liked it but said the same thing as you, babydust: OK for walking etc but restrictive when sitting down.
Me - 36 (Kristie) DH - 37 (Will)
DS, born August 2009.
Expecting twinnies in Nov 2012!

kristiev
Star Member
Star Member

Re: maternity support belt - did you use one?

Postby frmumb » Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 pm

There is no need for your maternity active-wear to sacrifice style. Mumberry have Beautiful and comfortable with styles from everyday casual to special occasion we have a everything you need in maternity dresses and pregnancy support wear you may require.
Fashionable Maternity Clothes
frmumb

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More