Two Week Wait

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.
Post a reply

Progestrone Levels

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:38 pm

I know you all probably get this a lot. But I just have a question regarding my beta and progestrone results.
A little background- I had an IUI on may 21st and I waited the 14 days to test. So, today 14diui I tested and got a BFP. Went in for my beta and progestrone and the following are my results
Beta 322
Progestrone 102

Do those numbers seem high? Especially the progestrone? I have read that progrestrone was one of your indicators is was twins, what were your numbers?

Thanks in advance!!
Last edited by Bailierae on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Progestrone Levels

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I never had my progesterone tested and only had a beta taken at 22dpo but there is a post here that has some of the ladies beta levels if you want to compare.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 pm

I think the beta number sounds normal but the progesterone may be high, yes. Definitely a possibility! I was on progesterone shots after IVF so mine was higher anyway but if you haven't been doing progesterone, that does seem above normal. Let us know what you find out!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 pm

99% of the women here who ask this, I don't really think twins are a possibility, but in your case, yes. I definitely think it's very possible you have twins in there!

Your beta is on the higher side, but for me, and many other IF moms, progesterone was definitely an indicator, too. Yours is quite high, and it was for me, too. (compared with my singleton pg's)

My betas were 226 at 13dpo, and 556 at 15dpo. Yours are comparable!
Good luck! Update us when you know more! I bet you have two in there!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:17 am

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate it. I knew with my beta numbers that could mean anything it was my progestrone that had me wondering. I guess only time will tell, we will have an ultrasound in two weeks so I will for sure let you all know. We have been trying for 4 years now and had 3 miscarriages, so we will be extremely grateful for whatever we are blessed with! :-)

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:00 am

I don't remember my beta numbers but they were not abnormally high. My progesterone right at 4 weeks pregnant were 55 and they said that was high and one reason they scheduled the US at 6 weeks to see if maybe more than one! Def. possible you have two baking in there!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Hey Ladies! Just found out its twins!!! I'm only 5 weeks 1 day, so it's still super early but wanted to come and update you. My ultrasound photo says its too big and exceeds the maximum allowed or I'd post it

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Aww yay! Congratulations!!!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow and Congrats!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Awww! Congrats! I knew it!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Bailierae wrote:Hey Ladies! Just found out its twins!!! I'm only 5 weeks 1 day, so it's still super early but wanted to come and update you. My ultrasound photo says its too big and exceeds the maximum allowed or I'd post it

How exciting, congratulations!!!! :D

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Congratulations!!! I had a feeling you had two on board!

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Thank you all!! We are super excited but know we have a long journey ahead. All we can do is take it one day at a time!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Finally able to get my ultrasound picture to upload!
Attachments
image.jpg
(58.26 KiB) Downloaded 3793 times

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Congrats!

I was going to say it's a good possibility of twins. My 14dpiui beta was 323 and my progesterone at 12dpiui was 92. Congrats on your 2 babies!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend