*Concerned* about twins

Pregnant with multiples? Connect with other moms and moms-to-be of multiples.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, GreekMythFreak

*Concerned* about twins

Postby momofmany » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:23 am

I don't know how I feel about the idea. I have never thought that I could be having twins before. I'm not telling family/friends about my thoughts. I'll keep it to myself until the ultrasound. I kind of think twins sounds exhausting. I have read many stories of women thinking they are having twins and then it being one so I am probably one of those. :)
I don't know why I am posting this but wanted to get my worries out somewhere. I mean, it would be ok just tiring.

I am 37 and on our 7th. :) Yay! We have 6 children.
I was taking maca because I was thinking my progesterone was low and wanted to help that. It stopped the brown spotting with my other cycles.
My doc did the blood test for HCG and progesterone. I wanted the progesterone number to make sure things were ok.
At 14 dpo it was 330 HCG and my progesterone was 102.
I didn't go for more blood work after that. I was happy with those numbers.
With my other 6 pregnancies they were pretty much all the same. Smells bothered me right away but nausea and food aversions didn't start until right at the 6 wk mark. It ended at 3 months.
For this one I tested positive at 8 dpo and very dark about 4 days before I was supposed to start. I have been nauseous from the beginning. 3wks 4 days. Today is the 1st day 4 wks 4 days that I feel more sick and just want to lay around. Not going to happen with 6 kids. lol I am exhausted all the time but that is pretty normal for me.
My boobs are at least a size larger (yay!) and are very sore. This started in the beginning.
I have gained weight somehow. I look bigger. I had a friend comment just after we found out that a bit of weight looks good on me. Nice! Thanks! lol Not a lot of weight but oddly enough I have.
From what I know I don't have any twins in my family. Don't want to ask.
This pregnancy is different from the rest but it could be because I am older. My last was 5 yrs ago.
Just wanted to get that out. Thanks!
momofmany
Friend

Re: *Concerned* about twins

Postby lmtc430 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Did you ever find out if it was twins? Even though we tried for a long time to get pregnant, I was freaked out and stressed when we found out it was twins at 6 weeks. But it's truly been a wonderful blessing even during the difficult times (lack of sleep primarily in the beginning) and definitely in the happy times!
TTC for 3.5 years | Hypothyroid, high prolactin w/ polyp removal in Jan 15 | 3/30/15: unexpected BFP | 4/14/15: OMG It's TWINS! | 11/17/15 - Fiona & Oliver born at 37 weeks!
lmtc430
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: *Concerned* about twins

Postby momofmany » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 pm

No. Not yet. There is probably one. I will Nov 21st.
momofmany
Friend

Return to Multiples - Twins, Triplets & More